Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VIII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VIII

bro kriegs you took those photos with PnS?
    Like that I better throw away my dslr in shame
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    My images will suck big time, coz I was using a normal film pns that time... why not look at these (googled):

crater lake images
    Painted Hills, Oregon:

More Painted Hills
    Mount Hood, Oregon:

More Mount Hood pictures

You can literally drive up this mountain with your rental car to the base of the tip for the ski resort... snowed peaked all year round!
    SWEE!!!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Multnomah falls, Oregon:

More pictures

One of the many stunning falls along the columbia river.... I think 22 falls...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Wah...
    TT SW (or pro)
    SB700 (or 900)
    iPhone 4

Expensive few months

Keep trying... Bro...you want me to drag out the whole discussion of 70-300 versus 70-200?... One more point, how to beat f/2.8?? (for buttery bokeh?) And I didn't say I don't want the D7000... just not this point in time...

Get the 70-300 and gian and then get the 70-200 also? Might as well get the 1.7x or 2x teleconv + 70-200... the reach is even greater!
    another option will be 70-300 with TC1.4. for a 98-420mm zoom when compare to a 70-200 with TC2.0 for a 140-400 zoom. You get a longer focal length at the expense of the shorter focal length.
    Another thing the 1.4 suffers no image degradation (or at least not noticeable) when compare to the 2.0. which may have lost in sharpness. Having nice bokeh is one thing but losing sharpness is something I prefer to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    i kind of agree and disagree on this, IMO its better he hoot the 150-500 or 50-500 by sigma be it the OS or Non Os version, rather than the Nikon 70-300vr.... more reach, the same variable aperture type of lens, , be it a stop slower on the tele-end i think, but since krigs, been mentioning, he needs more than just the reach, he also need a lens to handle low light shooting, and the need to clear the fence... hahahha... 70-200vr2 plus telecon... is the way to go...
    the 50-500 sounds good... probably kreig will need to start visiting the gym.

Anyway both lens are designed and made for a different purpose in mind. Can't really compare like this. However, the pursuit of getting a most desirable lens that can do all can really made us "poorer".

A cheaper and probably more effective way to loses the fence is probably to get up close to it.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Crown Point, Oregon:

More pictures

It's along the Columbia River Gorge... after enjoying Multinomah falls, you can reach Crown Point easily...

Kriegs!!!
    Stop making me drool!

wow . . . stunning photos . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post

the 50-500 sounds good... probably kreig will need to start visiting the gym.

Anyway both lens are designed and made for a different purpose in mind. Can't really compare like this. However, the pursuit of getting a most desirable lens that can do all can really made us "poorer".

A cheaper and probably more effective way to loses the fence is probably to get up close to it.
    im not trying to compare the lenses, and yesh both serve diff purpose and yet fills the need of our dear friend, who might go birding in the future, who love motorsports,... i wld rather ask him to get the 70-200 to fufill his low light needs, and get the 150-500 for his birding needs,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Oregon coast... the ENTIRE stretch from the borders with Washington and California State is a scenic route... No one picture can describe it... All very different from area to area... shoot like siao also not enough... My wife have seen California (she has an aunt there) and Oregon state coasts... she says Oregon state a lot more beautiful...

It is the place where Dense forestation meets the ocean... demarcated by a thin road where you can drive along it...

This picture does not do it justice at all... just an idea what kind of coast you might get to see...

More pictures

Btw, I've once met an older gent at one of the seminars... I was craving at the specs of D7000. He asked what cam I have now, so I said D90. He then adviced me... "you're already on a good DX camera, why crave for another DX? You should be moving past that and look at FF next..." I dunno sound advice or not, but in some ways it does make sense... in some ways I'm not sure (as I do like the DX reach and weight class).
    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    thats good advice, the only advice i get from thet last kopi session, was from NNB, Bro dont get the D3S, get the D7000 with the AFS 35 1.4G...
    whatever upgrade you are getting... one thing for sure, their marketing is working well..... bbb

Blog Entries

Multnomah falls, Oregon:

More pictures

One of the many stunning falls along the columbia river.... I think 22 falls...
    ahhhh Mulnomath falls... That place looks like very nature... but it is right off a major highway, and the entire area is very small one. And I can assure you that it is packed with tourists... you need to get there at really God-forsaken hours to catch it so empty.

And if you hear a crack, run like hell. A piece of rock the size of a bus fell one time, you can still see the scar of that break. quite a number of people are injured.

What can I say about the Oregon coast?.... For those who have played Final Fantasy stories.... the land area and the majestic coasts.... it's a real life Final Fantasy.... Some day I wish I can go back to it once again with my UWA....

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    ahhhh Mulnomath falls... That place looks like very nature... but it is right off a major highway, and the entire area is very small one. And I can assure you that it is packed with tourists... you need to get there at really God-forsaken hours to catch it so empty.

And if you hear a crack, run like hell. A piece of rock the size of a bus fell one time, you can still see the scar of that break. quite a number of people are injured.
    Yup... it's along the highway...to a number of nice falls.... They offered printed images of that fall in four seasons... damn... all look frigg'n nice!!

I was there during summer.... about early afternoon ... not a whole lot of people leh... must be lucky... :P lolz!

Btw, when did the rock fell har? I didn't hear anything about that story when I was there... it was '95...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 8th November 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    bro kriegs you took those photos with PnS?
    Like that I better throw away my dslr in shame
    Bro... those are googled lah!!! Imagine what you can do if you have a DSLR and the time to wait it out....

topic already onto scenic sites in us....
    if you are bringing family, don't think you will be able to capture such wonderful images.
    Last edited by coolthought; 8th November 2010 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries

hmmm talking about old shots... come I share some... but all very lousy...

Palace of fine arts, SF

Somewhere in Washinton state, on the way between Spokane and Seattle.
    Shot out of moving car, using a 2MP digicam.

Original bell of Mission Saint Claire. against the new mission. The church that founded my Uni.

Warden's quarters, Alcatraz... View of Bay Bridge in the window.

whatever upgrade you are getting... one thing for sure, their marketing is working well..... bbb
    You prefer to switch to Pentax or Sony isit?

if you are bringing family, don't think you will be able to capture such wonderful images.
    I did state I was going to google them, didn't you read?

My wife love the nature as well, I'll bet she won't mind if I take my time with the images... as for kid... you just need to get him/her involved in the picture taking...

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast