Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VIII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VIII

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Have you tried it yet? I've been wondering if I should get the 100mm slot in type... but peeps say you have to expose the sensor for a prolonged period of time... which might result in sensor fry.... The advice by most is to get a IR-converted DSLR..a cheapo second hand D70...
    tried on my kit lens for a few time, but need to do alot of PP in my opinion to bring out the effect. There is a sticky note in the IR SubForum to teach pp by some IR Pro there. I still learning.

Not necessary to expose the sensor for a prolonged period of time, it actually depends in the intensity of the sunlight acutally. I did some in less than 10 sec and it turns out fine.

I didn't do much, hence i believe no sensory fry.

definitely an IR-converted DSLR is recommended but i just want to try it out and see the effect before i do anything major . . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

I agree with your point. But the reason why I've chosen 70-200 isn't strictly for shooting aircraft, though that's just one of the shooting options I've in mind. I need a good low-light zoom because I'll be needing it indoors and night shoots as well. Getting the 70-300 isn't going to cut it, plus low-lights I'll suffer. It's supposed to be my do-it-all wonder lens... If I get the 70-300, you're going to make me gian the 70-200 when low-light need arises... lolz
    That is the whole idea.

or you can have a combination of 70-300 with D7000 instead for do-it-all combination instead of 70-200 f2.8 with D90?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

For whoever interested in macro, here is an interesting setup which you would like to consider . . . (scroll down to see the setup after the photos of the bugs)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792599

For me, i use raynox 250 with 50mm 1.8 . . . thinking of getting a delicated lens for macro too but at the moment there are more urgent lens to consider first . . .

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    That is the whole idea.

or you can have a combination of 70-300 with D7000 instead for do-it-all combination instead of 70-200 f2.8 with D90?
    Keep trying... Bro...you want me to drag out the whole discussion of 70-300 versus 70-200?... One more point, how to beat f/2.8?? (for buttery bokeh?) And I didn't say I don't want the D7000... just not this point in time...

Get the 70-300 and gian and then get the 70-200 also? Might as well get the 1.7x or 2x teleconv + 70-200... the reach is even greater!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 8th November 2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Btw, I've once met an older gent at one of the seminars... I was craving at the specs of D7000. He asked what cam I have now, so I said D90. He then adviced me... "you're already on a good DX camera, why crave for another DX? You should be moving past that and look at FF next..." I dunno sound advice or not, but in some ways it does make sense... in some ways I'm not sure (as I do like the DX reach and weight class).

Tokina (NikonMount) AT-X 545 PRO DX AF 50-135mm f2.8

few pages to catch up . . . thanks for introducing this lens to me . . . looks good . . . but i prefer to go for nikon . . .

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    tried on my kit lens for a few time, but need to do alot of PP in my opinion to bring out the effect. There is a sticky note in the IR SubForum to teach pp by some IR Pro there. I still learning.

Not necessary to expose the sensor for a prolonged period of time, it actually depends in the intensity of the sunlight acutally. I did some in less than 10 sec and it turns out fine.

I didn't do much, hence i believe no sensory fry.

definitely an IR-converted DSLR is recommended but i just want to try it out and see the effect before i do anything major . . . .
    Hmm... thanks for the feedback and review of IR filters... I'll read the IR note in greater detail at a later time.

Tokina (NikonMount) AT-X 545 PRO DX AF 50-135mm f2.8

few pages to catch up . . . thanks for introducing this lens to me . . . looks good . . . but i prefer to go for nikon . . .
    You're going Nikon pro glass all the way for the status isit? I too don't mind, but I don't even know 70-200 is that pro glass yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Bro, I'm so sorry
    Eh how come you weren't in my original list??
    I didn't remove you. Simply added OGL, pasay, chilicrab.
    its ok, coz i never put my name in the first place too... heheheheheh

Bro, just to double check, you have registered already right?
    already registered, but i aint printing the damm form out,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    its ok, coz i never put my name in the first place too... heheheheheh

Bro, got form meh? I registered online.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Hmm... thanks for the feedback and review of IR filters... I'll read the IR note in greater detail at a later time.
    if you want to test using an IR filter, we can go out one afternoon to try it mine out . . . no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    Bro, got form meh? I registered online.
    They should be sending you a note through e-mail, I believe Akerue meant that one...

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    imo. 70-300 VRii probably will be a better choice.
    The lens is lighter and all the time when the aircraft is flying, you will be pointing the camera up at it. Depending on where you stand. You will want to have a choice of shooting wide enough for smoke trails and long enough for nice close up. Like you said, it is broad day light. fstop and shutterspeed wouldn't be a concern. The main concern is getting ready and anticipating the shots for the best composition.
    i kind of agree and disagree on this, IMO its better he hoot the 150-500 or 50-500 by sigma be it the OS or Non Os version, rather than the Nikon 70-300vr.... more reach, the same variable aperture type of lens, , be it a stop slower on the tele-end i think, but since krigs, been mentioning, he needs more than just the reach, he also need a lens to handle low light shooting, and the need to clear the fence... hahahha... 70-200vr2 plus telecon... is the way to go...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

if you want to test using an IR filter, we can go out one afternoon to try it mine out . . . no issue.
    Sure! I'll give you a holler!

They should be sending you a note through e-mail, I believe Akerue meant that one...
    ah yesh, thats the one... the online confirmation send via one's respective electronic mailing address
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Already printed mine... to lazy to write it out on a note (which might get lost later)... Can use recycle paper mah... i've always kept some of those (error prints with blank page on the rear)...

Btw, I've once met an older gent at one of the seminars... I was craving at the specs of D7000. He asked what cam I have now, so I said D90. He then adviced me... "you're already on a good DX camera, why crave for another DX? You should be moving past that and look at FF next..." I dunno sound advice or not, but in some ways it does make sense... in some ways I'm not sure (as I do like the DX reach and weight class).
    thats good advice, the only advice i get from thet last kopi session, was from NNB, Bro dont get the D3S, get the D7000 with the AFS 35 1.4G...
    Last edited by akerue; 8th November 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

ah yesh, thats the one... the online confirmation send via one's respective electronic mailing address
    I see, I better go and check the mail again. Thanks!
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

thats good advice, the only advice i get from thet last kopi session, was from NNB, Bro dont get the D3S, get the D7000 with the AFS 35 1.4G...
    Die.... You wanna wait until D400 comes? Who knows, advice will change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    I see, I better go and check the mail again. Thanks!
    You very de heng man, imagine you didn't know about this and went along without the access number?