View Poll Results: Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working here in Singapore?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I AM HAPPY to be a true blue Singaporean local, working & living here

24 40.68%
  • No I AM NOT HAPPY being a Singaporean, working & living here is not good

35 59.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets do our own POLL : Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working in Singapore?

Default Lets do our own POLL : Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working in Singapore?

Ok, somewhat different from "Being Proud to be a Singaporean". ie, you go to Taiwan, Indonesia, you tell the people over there Singapore has this lah, has that, bagus etc.

Are you HAPPY to be a Singaporean, to be working here, living here?
    Last edited by 2100; 3rd November 2010 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lets do our own POLL : Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working in Singapo

yep. this would be a good contrast to if you are proud of being singaporean

Default Re: Lets do our own POLL : Are you HAPPY being Singaporean, living/working in Singapo

Shucks, forgot to spec the poll to be open indefinitely. This poll will close automatically in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Shucks, forgot to spec the poll to be open indefinitely. This poll will close automatically in 7 days.
    Lol FAIL...

you never live and work in other countries, how can you compare and how would you know if it's better or not

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    you never live and work in other countries, how can you compare and how would you know if it's better or not
    you must close your eyes and imagine.

for example, when i imagine working in france, i imagine that my boss is a hot french lady:

and that she wears nothing but a fruit hat on her head all day in the office.

by this way of deep concentration, i have fully comprehended what it's like to live in france. boy, is life there really, really good.

Good indication.

How to ensure that those are Singaporean for both.

What would you do to make Singapore a good place to live?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you must close your eyes and imagine.

for example, when i imagine working in france, i imagine that my boss is a hot french lady:

and that she wears nothing but a fruit hat on her head all day in the office.

by this way of deep concentration, i have fully comprehended what it's like to live in france. boy, is life there really, really good.
    yea... only to find out when u get back home someone will chase u with a chopper

I am not working full-time yet but as a student, but I do know that the education system in S'pore is tougher than other countries like Aust.
    But education here is well recognised in many countries (i.e. China/Taiwan/Aust).

Maybe those ppl (who say they are no happy) would mind to share where else they worked beside Singapore?
    5D3|35L|50f1.8II|580EXII

Quote Originally Posted by commonjunks View Post
    Maybe those ppl (who say they are no happy) would mind to share where else they worked beside Singapore?
    Indonesia.

Working in Singapore - Pay cut No BonusStressful
    Now working in China - good pay + Allowance

Quote Originally Posted by Minlon View Post
    Working in Singapore - Pay cut No BonusStressful
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Minlon View Post
    Working in Singapore - Pay cut, No Bonus, Stressful

Good for you

Like I've always said, Don't like it here... can always move out.

Just hope the local don't see you like S'porean see FT..... stealing jobs, cause rise in property and living cost, unwilling to defend China during war.... etc.
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 5th November 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Scuba & Father... For Life

It is not true that one has to be permanently happy. Something is wrong with you if you are happy ALL of the time. Even when one is unhappy, sometimes one continues with present arrangement because the other side's grass is not greener. Unless there is threat to one's life, (as in Vietnam persecuting Vietnamese of Chinese origin after 1975 & as in Hitler persecuting the Jews in Nazi Germany) most people grin and bear it.

If you want to compare countries to live in there is always + and -.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th November 2010 at 10:27 PM.

study here... then go overseas to work.

Singaporeans who are happy definitely wont be complaining in the forums ....

Blog Entries

Curious ...and what alternative countries should these unhappy people be living and working for them to be happy ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Curious ...and what alternative countries should these unhappy people be living and working for them to be happy ?
    go NZ and keep sheeps

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    i would like to move to the antartica to hunt polar bears

there, there will be no people blocking the entrance to my little ice sleigh.

there, i don't have to pay taxes on the fish i catch.

there, the xmm are all pure and untainted by capitalism.

there, it is not so hot, and the penguins that are my companions will not be kiasu.

there, i will be the native there, whole land to myself.

it is really a better place than singapore.
    Last edited by night86mare; 7th November 2010 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast