Thread: Urgent call to fish expert!!

Default Urgent call to fish expert!!

My uncle's Luohan has suddenly grown a lump on the side of its body. It has been like that for the past few days. Any recommended medicine for it? Thanks!!!!

upz........................

err... either its a sign that its time to inspect the digits and buy 4D...
    ...or its time to amputate.

Same thing happened to one of mine at home

My mum said because the Luohan helped the owner to "block" some bad luck, so have to set it free

Probably a growth from some sort of virus infection.

Any pictures to show ?
    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    Same thing happened to one of mine at home

My mum said because the Luohan helped the owner to "block" some bad luck, so have to set it free
    thats a big NO NO.. release these non native fish into their waterways, will create big harm than good. Our reserviors and ponds have be halfway houses for unwanted louhan and IMO, it really mess up the whole ecology system. Because this hybrid cichlids will become top of the food chain, only the native snakeheads will prey on them.

So, please be responsible pet owners and cull the fish if you have to. The most humane method is to break their spine, they will die instantly, if you are not up to that, then bag them up and place them into the freezer compartment.

tumors, lumps are sign of illnesses

just my 2cts
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by simonsng
    So, please be responsible pet owners and cull the fish if you have to. The most humane method is to break their spine, they will die instantly, if you are not up to that, then bag them up and place them into the freezer compartment.
    Hmm...the older generation thinks differently mah...if they believe the fish helped them and have to set it free....what if i tell them that i have to break the spine or place inside freezer

Even Buddhist were being advised not to anyhow set animals free during vesak day. Only do more harm to the animals and ecology. Setting free captured animal only cause more harm to them. We need to educate everyone, young or old. You can cull the animal but say you set it free.

Hi

Firstly do you have any picyures to show us. It wouls help us identify what's wrong with the fish and also is the lump growing from the inside of the fish or is it on the scale? If you don't have a picture to show then you can try going into this forum http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php? to ask for help. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    My uncle's Luohan has suddenly grown a lump on the side of its body. It has been like that for the past few days. Any recommended medicine for it? Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    Hmm...the older generation thinks differently mah...if they believe the fish helped them and have to set it free....what if i tell them that i have to break the spine or place inside freezer
    a little education or insight to them will defintely help I practise culling at home, once in awhile, my mom will dispose of frozen fishes in the freezer for me
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery