Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Formula One Fans here ? GP of Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton
    I am a Ferrari fan but seeing MS winning almost every race is kinda boring. But then again we can't blame the red cars, it is the pathetic oppositions that needs to raise the game..

Very happy that Sato got his very well deserved 3rd place..
    Very disappointed JPM got black-flagged..
    Two McLaren actually finished the race!!!
    Nice to see Minardi getting championship point.
    Toyota.. what can i say... what a surprise to see them so strong.
    Thank goodness Ralf is ok after that high speed shunt.. For a moment I got the Senna image in my mind.. Luckily he's OK.
    Rubens going for MS - That's not something u see every day!!
    that was an eventful f1. thankfully ralf and alonso are ok. can anyone remember what was the least number of cars that ever completed an f1 race? so rare that anyone who completed the race gets a point. sad that montoya black flagged for such a silly rule. what will fia think of next?

just caught the replay...wow, what a fantastic race. That ralf didnt get seriously injured was really a testement to the research into making the F1 cars safer!

since we're at the halfway point now, and schumi has only lost one race, the title's as good as his already..

At the start of the race, we had 2 Bridgestone-shod cars leading a whole sandwich filling of Michelin-tired cars, followed by the rest of the Bridgestone runners.

Although some may point to a conspiracy theory of Bridgestone providing special compounds to Ferrari, I doubt Bridgestone would short-change the rest of their teams that much. The clear distinction of performance of the Michelin versus Bridgestone teams, with the exception of Ferrari, points to a clear superiority of that tire in that condition.

Where does that leave Ferrari? Even with a disadvantaged tire, they're still on top, admittedly Bridgestone does do most of their tire development with Ferrari, but surely it gets trickled to the rest of the teams to make a difference in the standings, but it doesn't.

What's the bottom line? Even with a less than perfect tire for the conditions, and definitely one that is sub-par to its competition, the Ferrari is still able to come out on top, due to the quality of the drivers and the rest of the package (word that is overused these days by the commentators).

Ya, Ferrari is even more dominant now than in 2002. Hopefully BAR and the revised McLaren can give a bit more fight to Ferrari, for more entertaining race.

I wonder why Sauber, which has Ferrari 2004 engine, 2003 chasis (almost similar), same Bridgestone tyres, its performance is so much worse.

Look like Ferrari's "package" and driver are just too good.

Look forward to French race now.

Smile

Takuma Sato finally won his first podium...
    haizzz... gd driver but lack of luck...
    always engine blow up...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by Larren Chen
    always engine blow up...
    That should be McLaren isn't it? Their engine performance has been pitiful since 1999.

CHEERS<

Let's hope MP4-19B works for McLaren

Ya, Sato is a good driver, though I saw many comments that
    his driving pattern actually kill Honda engine. Just compare
    him and Jenson Button, both driving the same engine, why
    Sato's one keep blowing?

Sato should have won US GP, if BAR team made the right
    pit call when Ralf accident happened.

Ferrari called both cars in immediately, leaving Sato
    leading the pack slowly along the main straight where
    Ralf car was in. Michael leave pit lane and join the
    track at position ONE! With fuel and new tyre on
    board!

At the end of race, Sato is 22 seconds behind
    Michael. A pit stop takes around 28 seconds,
    if Sato stopped during the yellow flag period,
    he got a good chance for a win.

I'm also a big Mike Schuey fan, and yeah, seeing him win every race without a fight is getting a bit tedious....its like, he's expected to win and it will be shocking if he didnt. I don't mind him winning, I just want to see him fight to win. Now thats entertainment

Rubens was actually faster in both Canada & US, hope we can see more fights between them

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    That should be McLaren isn't it? Their engine performance has been pitiful since 1999.

CHEERS<
    ya should be McLaren's ... but they no luck...
    haizzz...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

Default formula 1 @ magny cours

very good race. fantastic strategy and execution by ferrari. a 5.5s pitstop? which other team would have thought of that? and that last ditch attempt by barichello to claim 3rd spot was the icing on the cake.

Fantastic strategy to go to 4 pit stops!

It was amazing that Schumacher can go so fast after his second pit stop, faster than Alonso which had less fuel then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12