Thread: Recommendations for a p&s camera?

Default Recommendations for a p&s camera?

Hi everyone,

Mrs Gymrat has decided that she doesn't like carrying my D70 around when she needs to use it, so we're looking for a good p&s camera for her. Whats the best P&s camera we can get in the $700-800 region (excluding memory cards)?

Would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks

GYR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Hi everyone,

Mrs Gymrat has decided that she doesn't like carrying my D70 around when she needs to use it, so we're looking for a good p&s camera for her. Whats the best P&s camera we can get in the $700-800 region (excluding memory cards)?

Would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks

GYR
    canon A75 and A80 are good buys. currently got the canon promo some more. A75 - $445 from mscolor. A80, i not sure.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Since it's Mrs, I'd recommend the IXUS 430. Good camera, design and images. I don't think she would use the manual dunctions, or would she? Easy to use camera. Price also lowered to $650 incl GST from Alan Photo now, inclusive of free 128mb card to be self-claimed from Canon HQ at Harbour Front. What a deal!

Don't know what they sell for in your part of the world but you could have a look at the new Canon S60.
    Last edited by james m; 13th June 2004 at 06:10 PM.

wow, all pro-Canon!

Thanks, will go look up some of these

Cheers
    GYR