Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to make Singaporeans happy here??

Default Re: How to make Singaporeans happy here??

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Can you still stand up behind your office table without support?
    Of course. Why not? i am a "commando" you know
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Teach every Singaporean from young that material possessions are wrong and evil and they lead to unhappiness.

And that being poor and happy is glory.

Teach every Singaporean from young that material possessions are wrong and evil and they lead to unhappiness.

And that being poor and happy is glory.
    Sound like north Korea to me.

Catch the mythical Unicorn and give every citizen a free ride. Thereafter, they will be truly happy.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Catch the mythical Unicorn and give every citizen a free ride. Thereafter, they will be truly happy.
    Mythical unicorn we don't have.

Merlion also can?

Merlion also can?
    Cannot, later sit halfway kena struck by lightning

Merlion also can?
    The merlion don't do such lowly jobs or will only do if the pay is high enough; some more likes to complain by vomiting so much water. Whereas the unicorn can be imported as a talent and may do it for 'half the price'. Singaporeans want cheap and good right?
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 2nd November 2010 at 06:47 PM.

To be truly happy we need to go back to basics.

We need to restore rivers teaming with fishes, atap houses, wells etc like how our great great grand parents lived.

They had no electricity, no gas, no TV, no iphone, no digicams etc.

They grew their own vegetables, caught fishes from the rivers, rared chickens, collected firewoods etc. And they were happy and without too many complains.

To be truly happy we need to go back to basics.

We need to restore rivers teaming with fishes, atap houses, wells etc like how our great great grand parents lived.

They had no electricity, no gas, no TV, no iphone, no digicams etc.

They grew their own vegetables, caught fishes from the rivers, rared chickens, collected firewoods etc. And they were happy and without too many complains.
    No more CS Kopitiam?

wonder how many of those who complained are wearing branded stuffs from top to toes...

Most of the local youths expect an iphone, expect unlimited 3G data, a fast PC, a good DSLR camera, LV/Mango/Prada clothes, a car, etc. They have no concept of how people in other countries struggle to afford even food.

I suggest that ALL singaporeans, men AND women, go live in a third-world country like the philippines, indonesia, etc for 2 years, on the local salary, with no extra hand-outs from SG. Then maybe they'll appreciate what they have when they come back.
    Alpha

Maybe this is what a knowledge based economy is about. People think too much and do too little. Singaporeans are a funny lot of people. (I am a Singaporean myself) We all want to give directions but nobody wants to do the actual work. We all overestimated our abilities but there are alot of very smart people outside our shores. It is just that they do not have the environment for them to thrive in. If you noticed, Singaporean are not very united. You can see Indians from different states, Chinese from different provinces, Pinoys from different islands, etc. They will share their similiarities and stay together. Singaporeans will find the differences to stay disconnected. Singaporeans also have nothing much to boast about other than being from Singapore. Singapore lacks history, culture, is not a world power, etc. Singapore is just a good brand name that looks good on the outside. There really isn't much to it. Why Singaporeans are discontented? I really don't know. Maybe we all feel that we should be living like millionaires, throw lavish parties, have plenty of friends. We should really be contented that our women do not have to protitute themselves unwillingly, children do not have to beg for food, and men do not have to rob and steal for a living. Bear in mind that Singapore is a small dot with no resources. How did we come to where we are. It's just seeing if your glass is half full or half empty.

Talk is cheap. Somebody says, "The time for change has come!". What has changed?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 2nd November 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Happiness is a choice.
    cameras are not made of tofu

That's an excellent idea!

Ministers first -- run for election in Liberia, Nigeria, Somalia...

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I suggest that ALL singaporeans, men AND women, go live in a third-world country like the philippines, indonesia, etc for 2 years, on the local salary, with no extra hand-outs from SG. Then maybe they'll appreciate what they have when they come back.

My wife's Indonesian Chinese. Seriously it is NOT THAT BAD overseas.

Australia, well it could be worse, in the sense of racism....believe it or not.

Singaporeans are not totally dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

one of them said that he was going to switch back to nikon again because the canon 1d mark IV was not good enough for high iso. another one asked him why he didn't just stick to his d3 back then, then he said that the megapixels not enough.
    lol!

All I can say is they are not good enough for the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    My wife's Indonesian Chinese. Seriously it is NOT THAT BAD overseas.

Australia, well it could be worse, in the sense of racism....believe it or not.

Singaporeans are not totally dumb.
    Point is, how long would you need to work in Jakarta, etc, to afford all the things local teens take for granted.
    Alpha

I find it quite pathetic that we are always comparing with countries that are worse off than us when trying to prove that we are somehow better. Why can't we just compete with ourselves, strive to make ourselves better, instead of talking about how there are other countries worse off than us. How about we start comparing to countries who are better than us, then maybe we can start improving and not bragging about how we lack natural resources blah blah blah and still can get here now.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    No more CS Kopitiam?
    For that we have to grab a mug of coffee, gather around a hurricane lamp in the 5-feet-way and talk about black and white darkroom printing, seagull twin-lens reflex and enlarger etc.

Most of the local youths expect an iphone, expect unlimited 3G data, a fast PC, a good DSLR camera, LV/Mango/Prada clothes, a car, etc. They have no concept of how people in other countries struggle to afford even food.
    can use mango to use clothes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast