Time and Location: 0530 in Bali, Indonesia, Nusa Dua
Objective: Sunrise (Somewhat failed after a heavy rain through the night, hence the low and dense cloud)
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and Clarity. Did some cropping by removing some parts of the shore, leaving abit at the bottom right corner. Remove some parts of the sky as well to centralise the horizon.
* Was there too little shore shown? Should I retain more shore?
* Was there too much empty space on the left?
2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
With the sunrise objective changed to just shooting for the calmness in the morning sea and the dense cloud after a pouring rain, covering the morning sun. The fishing boat is there as a subject, otherwise a sea is just a sea, might appear a 'lil too boring.
3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Tripod Setup. Shooting from a Waist Height Profile with my D80 on a 1/3 shutter f5 on ISO200.
This was the first morning in Bali, hence the body lethargic fell in after waking up so early. Dropped my phone into the sea right after this shot.
4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Fulfilling the disappointment of unable to shoot a full sunrise, but compensated with the nice cool breeze, coupled with the serenity of the calm sea. The reflection of the sky and a little bit of the orange across the horizon. A good start to the day, despite the demise of the phone.
I welcome all comments and critique...
Thank you very much for the time...