Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good job: Police arrest four suspects over Downtown East murder

Default Re: Good job: Police arrest four suspects over Downtown East murder

watch too much Gu Wai Zhai type of movie? Act gungho? The end result? death by penalty. Plain foolish.

surprise that such things happen locally and in the open . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by commonjunks View Post
    I was merely commenting i didn't said what you wrote in your thread was wrong.
    Hanging is fast and pain for a while only, they should be given 30+ years and let them do soul search while they rote in jail.
    Bro... why do we want to feed these idiots in jail. Are we actually punishing them or us - taxpayers? If you jail them while they should be hang, we as taxpayer had to support these useless things as they rot in jail, but we still need to pay for their food, clothing and if they got ill, we need to pay for their medicines too.

I know I am very harsh and seemingly merciless when I say this, but I as one of the general public do not want these idiots to be walking on the street again and I do not want to support them in anyway as they rot.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

so 1+4 dead after the entire episode?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Bro... why do we want to feed these idiots in jail. Are we actually punishing them or us - taxpayers? If you jail them while they should be hang, we as taxpayer had to support these useless things as they rot in jail, but we still need to pay for their food, clothing and if they got ill, we need to pay for their medicines too.

I know I am very harsh and seemingly merciless when I say this, but I as one of the general public do not want these idiots to be walking on the street again and I do not want to support them in anyway as they rot.
    That's why there's capital punishment. When the rope is eventually tightened, case closed.
    Think these days pple don't rot in jail. They even have chance to pursue technical skills, education, and other forms of self improvement activities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    That's why there's capital punishment. When the rope is eventually tightened, case closed.
    Think these days pple don't rot in jail. They even have chance to pursue technical skills, education, and other forms of self improvement activities.
    and if that guy innocent and kenna hang wrongly, our garment will sit there suck thumb and say "sorry its an accident!"

i rather they live and do some labour. feed themselves in jail. it would certainly prevent miscarriage of justice once in a long while

Woah... death penalty for the convicted

such a waste, somemore all also so young
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Woah... death penalty for the convicted

such a waste, somemore all also so young
    Not really. Think for the guy who passed away.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    surprise that such things happen locally and in the open . . .
    Not the first one really.

Few incidents already. Last time still got one fella got hacked by parang outside the old diamaru......

If they are really guilty, they should be hang, soul searching can be done in hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Not really. Think for the guy who passed away.
    think for the guy who passed away wrongly by accident, cause a wrong judgement was made.

i rather they become workers. hard labour or something would be more useful. at least they can make stuff to fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    think for the guy who passed away wrongly by accident, cause a wrong judgement was made.

i rather they become workers. hard labour or something would be more useful. at least they can make stuff to fuel economy
    Did someone pass away by accident?

Yup it does help the economy if they work. But there will be people who do not repent. Similarly, there are also those who do.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Provided the evidence is adequate to prove that the fella is guilty. In SG, death penalty is for murderers, drug traffickers, kidnappers and arm robbers.
    It will cost a lot more to keep them useful in prison (in terms of facilities, guards, trainers,etc.).

Blog Entries

Provided the evidence is adequate to prove that the fella is guilty. In SG, death penalty is for murderers, drug traffickers, kidnappers and arm robbers.
    It will cost a lot more to keep them useful in prison (in terms of facilities, guards, trainers,etc.).
    evidence can be falsified, ppl can be bribed. too many factors. i personally do not believe in taking a life can actually stop the problem.i have heard of cases of misjudgement in the States before. so long as there is a possibility, dun take the risk. especially for such a serious matter.

put urself into the shoes of an innocent guy who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

i know that it is expensive to keep them, but we can always get them to work to offset some costs...

Blog Entries

Did someone pass away by accident?

Yup it does help the economy if they work. But there will be people who do not repent. Similarly, there are also those who do.
    i mean hanged wrongly lar

evidence can be falsified, ppl can be bribed. too many factors. i personally do not believe in taking a life can actually stop the problem.i have heard of cases of misjudgement in the States before. so long as there is a possibility, dun take the risk. especially for such a serious matter.

put urself into the shoes of an innocent guy who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

i know that it is expensive to keep them, but we can always get them to work to offset some costs...
    True. In rare cases the innocent do get wrongly convicted. But still, the 'what if' or having little faith in the judicial system's credibility, in the view of some, is insufficient to remove capital punishment. There's why there are two camps -- the pro death penalty and the other that is against.

Arrow Re: Good job: Police arrest four suspects over Downtown East murder

Teen who stared at group slashed to death

Tue, Nov 02, 2010
    The Star/Asia News Network

A GROUP of assailants shouted "369" in Hokkien and flashed a victory sign after slashing a youth to death in a fight, according to Sin Chew Daily.

The daily reported that the brawl broke out when Ng Wei Jie, 19, and his two friends were confronted by five men at the Downtown East shopping mall in Pasir Ris, Singapore, at about 5.30pm last Saturday.

Apparently, Ng and his friends had stared at the men, who had tattoos on their bodies, at a fast-food restaurant.

The two groups subsequently adjourned to an open space where Ng had a "talk" with the leader. However, this ended in a fight.

The daily reported that eye-witnesses saw a man from the bigger group whip out a vegetable knife and hacked Ng while his friends ran away.

The suspects reportedly shouted "369" in Hokkien and showed a victory sign before escaping.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...02-245358.html
    Last edited by xtemujin; 2nd November 2010 at 06:38 PM.

i just want to wish them ''happy halloween''...now they can play halloween everyday.

Blog Entries

True. In rare cases the innocent do get wrongly convicted. But still, the 'what if' or having little faith in the judicial system's credibility, in the view of some, is insufficient to remove capital punishment. There's why there are two camps -- the pro death penalty and the other that is against.
    yep. the death penalty jsut merely speeds up the death process. getting born is a death penalty!

I believe the DPP should have a better case than the Defence. After all, a murder was committed. How to plead manslaughter? Murder due to fighting started by a staring incident. Secondary schools and tertiary institutions need to get their students to grow up more...
    don't blame the secondary school and tertiary institutions.
    some of them entered the secondary school system with that kind of behaviour.
    such behaviour is getting more common, especially in young children.
    everyone in the society have partial responsibility.
    but i think the main education and values comes from the parents.

most children lack parental care and concern and the correct values are not passed down.
    they turn to monkey see, monkey do learning from their environment.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast