Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Singaporean Buyers in general a PITA?

Quote Originally Posted by y0ngcheng
    lol i did encounter 1 of this thing, but its reverse. my pay got DELAYED! but luckily it was only 1day so i quickly paid the seller to resolve any misunderstanding
    I wish there are more buyers of your ilk.

She asked for 1 week extension after already one week of reservation, and I agreed w/o question. She said she would deal today. I asked her to call me today to meet up. I left it up to her convenience to call me today and yet she played me out. PM'd with another lame excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I mean, why Singaporeans? You should see the horror stories on the US eBay.

I have had heaps of successful transactions on US Ebay with minimal problems. 98% success rate with over 50 txns.

At least 60% of my transactions here have been fraught with problems - less than 10 txns.

I think the lesson here for me is to sell on US Ebay. Less hassle overall.

strange that you had so many unpleasant encounters with buy and sell in CS. i wonder why. it normally takes two to clap. don't be so gullible next time, either take a deposit from the buyer or don't sell to her.
    Last edited by swimcraze; 12th June 2004 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    strange that you had so many unpleasant encounters with buy and sell in CS. i wonder why..
    I'm wondering too, hence the title for this thread i.e. my question.

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    it normally takes two to clap. don't be so gullible next time, either take a deposit from the buyer or don't sell to her.
    Can hardly take a deposit when she claims she doesn't have any cash, can I?
    She sounded pretty sincere over the phone and like a student working for the hols.

Anyway, I did try to be accomodating in the vain hope that I'd be proven wrong again.

I try one more time on B&S and that's it. I'll sell the camera overseas after that.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 12th June 2004 at 11:01 PM.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, and you sound pretty jaded.

i think u're entitled to your own opinion, just like the three aliens touching different parts of the elephant (or watever that story was)...

i guess if u do give it another try and it's still a bad experience, go to what u know best, which might be ebay or wherever.

sometimes, sway means sway.. really. it's just one of those things.. maybe the stars weren't aligned correctly for your buy and sell here in CS!

hope u sell and buy well, wherever you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, and you sound pretty jaded.

i think u're entitled to your own opinion, just like the three aliens touching different parts of the elephant (or watever that story was)...

i guess if u do give it another try and it's still a bad experience, go to what u know best, which might be ebay or wherever.

sometimes, sway means sway.. really. it's just one of those things.. maybe the stars weren't aligned correctly for your buy and sell here in CS!

hope u sell and buy well, wherever you do it.

Thanks for the kind words joHo.

And I think it was three blind men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    I'm wondering too, hence the title for this thread i.e. my question.
    personally, i did find your title offensive as it wasn't a fair question. anyone can be a PITA irregardless of their nationality. The buyers and sellers of ebay appear to be less of PITA because there are strict rules and regulations governing ebay. Not only will they suffer the consequences of bad rating, they will also be warned or banned by ebay or paypal if they have breached the rules. So far my experience in clubsnap has been 98% good, and we still keep in touch as buyers and sellers after the deal. With your past experience with buying and selling at clubsnap, i am sure you will be extra cautious now

all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode
    Having reserved a camera for a user on this forum for 2 weeks. She initially asked me to hold it for her for 1 week till her pay came in. A week later, she claimed that her pay was delayed so wanted me to hold it another week.

Today she PM'd me to tell me that she has to send money home and will not be buying the camera.

This isn't the first unpleasant encounter I've experienced.

Are Sporean's typically such PITAs?
    Sadly, i have to agree somewhat with Tetrode that it is a pain sometimes selling through B&S or Yahoo Auctions here in Singapore where the buyer does not pay upfront as in Ebay. This is not to say that Singaporeans are typically PITA, but that some buyers who don't pay upfront tend to have "buyers remorse" and fail to honour the bid. I am Singaporean and I have also had many successful sale transactions here (B&S, Yahoo Auctions), as well as through US Ebay (100% success so far).
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

I am a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    I am a PITA.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

sometimes buyers are hard to please ah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12