Thread: will they anyhow crop my image in color labs?

Default will they anyhow crop my image in color labs?

Hi got a question here, i notice that all digital pics taken are of very massive dimension but i'm wondering, if i send them for processing in the color labs, will the operators crop off parts of my image without consulting me?

I'm just curious, know that this is a very stupid question.

cheers

they will have to crop your image if you didn't send in images with the same ratio as the print size. they cannot fit a image with 4:3 ratio (generally ratio of digicam for easy display on monitors) onto a 4R (3:2 ratio) without cropping.

Ask for "Fit In" and it will never be cropped. But you'll end up with 2 white borders at the sides. Alternatively, some labs have special 4:3 paper which can print 4:3 digital camera images without cropping and borders.

Regards
    CK

Deregistered

CK is right.

There is a 4RDSC 4:3 size. Made for digicam pix.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    CK is right.

There is a 4RDSC 4:3 size. Made for digicam pix.
    cool i never knew that. is it available in all labs or only certain location in Singapore? can i have the address pls?

cheers.

if u cropped yr foto in the right size.. u shdnt worrie abt the labs

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by stonely0
    cool i never knew that. is it available in all labs or only certain location in Singapore? can i have the address pls?

cheers.
    Quite a number of labs have this size AFAIK. Beautiful Memories at Stamford House, Kim Tian (KT) at Hong Lim Complex, are amongst those I visit. I'm sure that are others. To my knowledge, its just a matter of adding that size (4.5 x 6) to the list of default sizes their lab machines can print.

I print regularly at KT, and they have created a custom 4:3 size for 8" paper. So I can get a 8RD (8" x 10.67") directly extrapolated from the standard 6Rs that I send there. I've seen some labs also offer a 4R/DSC as per the ratio mentioned by CK before.

remember that a 4.5x6 print will not fit into the standard albums.

How to crop the picture to 3:2? Is there a way to resize it into 3:2 rather than cropping that will chop of parts of the picture?

resizing or changing the aspect ratio will result in distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by stonely0

cheers.
    U can just simply being to ML(miao Laan colour ctr) they have so call DIGI SIZE to print your image without any crop cropping.located at Blk 154 # 01-302 Bukit Batok st 11 Tel: 65641062 and now they having school holiday promotion with every 50 print fo 4R u get 1pc of 8R free

How's the quality printed by them? I'm staying near there

Quote Originally Posted by Camm
    How's the quality printed by them? I'm staying near there
    The qulity same as KT so far i'm very happy the service more of the time done by them.u can look for guy Kelvyn. He can print a test print for you.Service