Thread: canon 50mm compare with sigma 50mm

Default canon 50mm compare with sigma 50mm

canon 50mm compare with sigma 50mm, which is prefer.

Default Re: canon 50mm compare with sigma 50mm

Quote Originally Posted by francisniko View Post
    It is preferred that you try to do some of your own research. Google is your friend.
    Alpha

canon 50mm? which one? canon 50 f0.95, 50 f1.0, 50 f1.2, 50 f1.4, 50 f1.8 etc.???

Prefer? what do you prefer? Price? Focussing speed? IQ? Built? FF or APS-C? Yes dont be lazy go read up.

Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    canon 50mm? which one? canon 50 f0.95, 50 f1.0, 50 f1.2, 50 f1.4, 50 f1.8 etc.???

Prefer? what do you prefer? Price? Focussing speed? IQ? Built? FF or APS-C? Yes dont be lazy go read up.
    I think it would be the f1.4, since the comparison is with sigma

Everyone has it's own preference. Do you just want to play "monkey see, monkey do"? Preferences are based on a wide range of facts, requirements, experiences, sometimes hearsay and rumours ... You could be more clearer at least about the first 2 points
    EOS

Thanks for all the comments given to me. i may not have experience in photo taking, but i'm just learning. not that i did not read out on it, just want to have more feel on other who have use it before. i'm new, still have many thing to learn.

The Sigma is generally considered sharper wide open. Its is also larger and heavier (a hunk of glass).

Do your research. This site can be helpful
    http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos

Thanks for all the comments given to me. i may not have experience in photo taking, but i'm just learning. not that i did not read out on it, just want to have more feel on other who have use it before. i'm new, still have many thing to learn.
    Learning works best with own experiences. If you just ask for other people's preferences and don't understand the basics behind you won't learn much. Some pointers:
    - Why do you think you need the 50mm? What is your intended usage? Which camera(s) and lens(es) are you using currently?
    - Which model(s) do you have in mind? (see ngck12's posting) - What is your budget?
    - What have you read so far? What is clear to you? What is unclear? Where do you expect specific help?
    EOS

Thank you very much pinholecam. i got my answer to what i need.