Thread: help!

Default help!

Hi people,

I've bought a Canon 550D kit 2 for $1400 with a bag only.

I'm aware that i should get a UV filter and etc, can anybody advise where to buy and what type to buy?

How much does a SDHC card 8gb cost and SDHC card reader cost? where can i get them??

thanks

Default Re: help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarsofclay View Post
    Hi people,

I'm aware that i should get a UV filter and etc, can anybody advise where to buy and what type to buy?

How much does a SDHC card 8gb cost and SDHC card reader cost? where can i get them??

thanks
    Go down to Funan. Check SLR revo at 4th floor and TK foto 2nd floor for price and compare. For card and reader, check South Asia 3th floor and Challenger 5th floor.
    Can't help if you dunno where is Funan liao
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Hi people,

thanks
    hi there.. where did you bought ur camera from? why never buy everything from the same shop?

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Can't help if you dunno where is Funan liao

Hi people,

thanks
    Where did you buy the kit? They don't give u a SDHC together with the kit?

Hi people,

thanks
    We have a filters price list, and for the SDHC card and reader, there's always the HWZ priceguides or you can pick up a phone and call some shops. Please learn how to help yourself, we are not a directory service.
    Alpha

CF, SD cards and card readers are cheaper to buy at computer shops .. Funan as mentioned or Sim Lim .. prices of these are varies not too much ..

As for filters .. UV filter is what you need and you can find second ones in the BS section or get it from the shop that you bought your cam from .. or TK Photo as mentioned .. Cathay Photo which is a short walk away..
    Generally people go for either Hoya or B+W UV filter .. if you asked me .. I will recommend B+W more expansive but worth the $

Happy shopping

Cheers
    Cheers !

Hi people,

thanks
    While you're at it, get a dry cabinet as well. It's recommended over using a dry box with silicia gel.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by fastforwardtofriday View Post
    hi there.. where did you bought ur camera from? why never buy everything from the same shop?
    Bought from my friend who works in canon.

There should be a free SD card also right? Maybe you ask your friend about it!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

rightfully it should come with a card at least . . . but anyway it don't cost much.
    as bros here had suggested . . . you can head down to funan to get all your stuff . . . just go to the 2 shops and you won't get 'lost'.

A dry cabinet is highly recommended here together with a good tripod.

as for your filter, get a good one; a Hoya or B&W.
    Last edited by weegk; 30th October 2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Hi Jarsofclay,

Remember to read up on the pricelists and different brands before going down to the shops and looking lost. You might end up getting "recommendations" to purchase stuff that you don't really need from the salesperson.