Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: changing lens

Default Re: changing lens

Quote Originally Posted by FireZ View Post
    to think about it .. on n off camera too often will spoil ur camera faster... isn't it?
    at least.. tat's my own thinking hence i didn't bother to off it if i wanna change lens..
    Can you give us any good reason for this ... erm .. assumption? If you have found one that all those engineers in the labs of all these camera makers have missed .. guess they will be grateful.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    Just remember to do it and it'll become second nature in time to come... afterall, you would turn the wall switch off before taking out the plug right? Its the same analogy for me, digital body & lenses are electronically connected so why not?
    This wall switch serves a different purpose. Have you noticed that many other countries do not have any switches on their wall plug sockets? Wonder why... In technical terms, there is also a certain difference between any wall plug and the connection between the lens and the body, starting with the voltage.
    I'm not saying you must not switch off your camera (do whatever rocks your boat) .. but your analogy is far off. Next we will see warnings about not touching the contacts to avoid electric shocks?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    This wall switch serves a different purpose. Have you noticed that many other countries do not have any switches on their wall plug sockets? Wonder why... In technical terms, there is also a certain difference between any wall plug and the connection between the lens and the body, starting with the voltage.
    I'm not saying you must not switch off your camera (do whatever rocks your boat) .. but your analogy is far off. Next we will see warnings about not touching the contacts to avoid electric shocks?
    oic... thanks for the info...
    btw.. i'm really jus assuming... hence i put "isn't it" at the back of the statement..
    btw... my 40D spoilt due to on n off... (was told tat the internal part snap off).. spent $10++ to replace it (the part only cost like..$10++ or so... but the service charge is like... wow....) heart pain..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12