Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From Canon to Nikon

Default Re: From Canon to Nikon

When i look through the photo gallery section, i can find good pictures taken with both Canon and Nikon, lower or higher end model. Ironically, i saw some pictures taken with high end DSLR such as D3, 5D, 7D etc, however i do not feel that they are good enough. I feel most important is the photographer's skill and getting to know own equipment very well.

Will our pictures we took be better by switching camp?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooMoo View Post
    When i look through the photo gallery section, i can find good pictures taken with both Canon and Nikon, lower or higher end model. Ironically, i saw some pictures taken with high end DSLR such as D3, 5D, 7D etc, however i do not feel that they are good enough. I feel most important is the photographer's skill and getting to know own equipment very well.

No.

and to look at pictures, you can get better idea when you search and view in Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooMoo View Post

just for starters our previous local youth photographer of the year uses a Pentax. Can I say Nikon, Canon and Sony camera aren't up to par or maybe the skill of the photographers?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

All said, each of us still have our preferred brand and from time to time wish our camera could be better.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    All said, each of us still have our preferred brand and from time to time wish our camera could be better.
    A friend of mine has both Canon and Nikon... he bought a mix of lens for each (overlapping but not duplicates). So he upgrades in one or the other depending on which looks more interesting at the moment. Twice the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    A friend of mine has both Canon and Nikon... he bought a mix of lens for each (overlapping but not duplicates). So he upgrades in one or the other depending on which looks more interesting at the moment. Twice the fun!
    And twice the rate the wallet will thin out!
    Canon 5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 24-70L | 70-200L II | 50 f/1.4 USM | 580EXII |

Quote Originally Posted by zozzcyx View Post
    And twice the rate the wallet will thin out!
    Not really lah... a lot of people has two or three bodies anyway... and like I say, he don't duplicate his lens... just overlap them a bit in their specs...

Adaptors are commonly used these days...

If you could live with manual focusing, then go ahead and relive the glory days of those legacy nikkor lenses on your eos body!
    Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    Adaptors are commonly used these days...

If you could live with manual focusing, then go ahead and relive the glory days of those legacy nikkor lenses on your eos body!
    Totally agree with you and for my case Zeiss lens !
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

I was a Nikon film user for 16 years FE2, FM2, F90, F90X, F5... then came digital... Nikon was falling back too far behind... so decided get Fuji S2Pro instead D100. Canon was leading wth D30, D60then 10D and 20D. Was fed up with Nikon slow progress, sold all my gears and switched Canon 40D, then later came Nikon D300 and D3. Decided to dabble into Nikon also so end up 2 systems. Canon and Nikon. Then came 5Dm2 which blew everyone away... sold my D300.

After looking back, realised that it will always be a cat and mouse game between these 2 brand. I am now a Canon user and decided to invest in only L lens which I think it is a wiser choice. Both Nikon and Canon has their own pros and cons.

Have fun shooting

Quote Originally Posted by superon View Post
    I was a Nikon film user for 16 years FE2, FM2, F90, F90X, F5... then came digital... Nikon was falling back too far behind... so decided get Fuji S2Pro instead D100. Canon was leading wth D30, D60then 10D and 20D. Was fed up with Nikon slow progress, sold all my gears and switched Canon 40D, then later came Nikon D300 and D3. Decided to dabble into Nikon also so end up 2 systems. Canon and Nikon. Then came 5Dm2 which blew everyone away... sold my D300.

After looking back, realised that it will always be a cat and mouse game between these 2 brand. I am now a Canon user and decided to invest in only L lens which I think it is a wiser choice. Both Nikon and Canon has their own pros and cons.

Have fun shooting
    Pentax k-5 sensor is a class above the rest in dynamic range. I have seen photos taken with it. Quite impressive. Are you going to change to a Pentax user now??
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234