Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My D7000 dream broken

Default Re: My D7000 dream broken

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    There's only a 76 grams difference, about the weight of 1 AA battery.
    nid to try out the camera oni can feel it..
    IMHO, 76g is not a big diff IF you just shoot it for a few mins..
    but, IF the whole day you're holding it for event or others, dat might take sometimes for the D90, D5000, D3000 users to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kennynah View Post
    D7K physically feels like a D90...the dimensions are very similar....
    yup! its 90% exactly the same dimension with D90... just the button placement and some design is diff..

With the dropping of USD exchange rate, forecasted to as low as US$1 = S$1.25 at end of the year, make me thinking whether it is worth order from USA for the D7000 body only. I have yet spoil a camera by using it. If my luck is not so poor go without warranty may be ok to out balance the cost difference.

Any strong voices against this move or a better move?

i read from this forum that bcos the box contains a battery, that there could be complications in the shipping of this goods out of usa... something like, customs will open up box and check...and check some more...days and weeks go by.... parcel ended up in timbaktu...

i oso not sure, just relating what i read...might be good to search the net for more "customer experiences"...

good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    My good Sir...you must still be quite young. Me at 89 while still healthy finds carrying a D700 with FF lens and SB900 a real hassle during general walkabout or during tours. Coupled that with tripod and I will have a hard time walking up the Great Wall of China. Holding a DSLR for mere seconds at the shop is completely different from carrying it round your neck. At my age, it is difficult to balance yourself when walking even on level ground.
    Sir, I HOMAT(salute in malay) you!

Cool Re: My D7000 dream broken

Quote Originally Posted by kennynah View Post
    i read from this forum that bcos the box contains a battery, that there could be complications in the shipping of this goods out of usa... something like, customs will open up box and check...and check some more...days and weeks go by.... parcel ended up in timbaktu...

i oso not sure, just relating what i read...might be good to search the net for more "customer experiences"...

good luck...
    Yes, battery could be problem. Let me find out more. I ordered lenses but not camera from USA.

Hi, I chat with the B&H Photo customer service, what I got from the chat is that the battery is packed seperated so there is no issue of shipping it overseas. The issue is still can not confirm of the stock ready date and delivery date if i would have placed an order now. Therefore it is a gamble either I will get it earlier than Singapore stock and only get the D7000 body only or i may end up getting it later than Singapore stock.

Since it is another 2 more weeks, I think I shall wait for it. It is still a pain to me to get kit lens that I do not want if I get the order in Singapore.

In the mean time I wish all happy shooting and see you guys one day in the field with the new D7000.

Closing the thread now. Thanks.
    Last edited by pchengws; 1st November 2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Conclude the finding about shipping battery with camera.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345