Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My D7000 dream broken

Default Re: My D7000 dream broken

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    My good Sir...you must still be quite young. Me at 89 while still healthy finds carrying a D700 with FF lens and SB900 a real hassle during general walkabout or during tours. Coupled that with tripod and I will have a hard time walking up the Great Wall of China. Holding a DSLR for mere seconds at the shop is completely different from carrying it round your neck. At my age, it is difficult to balance yourself when walking even on level ground.
    When I had a severe case of tennis elbow, I got a smaller camera, a Leica rangefinder. I'm better now, and am using the DSLR again. But the RF is definitely a good camera is compactness is needed.

My good Sir...you must still be quite young. Me at 89 while still healthy finds carrying a D700 with FF lens and SB900 a real hassle during general walkabout or during tours. Coupled that with tripod and I will have a hard time walking up the Great Wall of China. Holding a DSLR for mere seconds at the shop is completely different from carrying it round your neck. At my age, it is difficult to balance yourself when walking even on level ground.
    No joke but seriously, you earned my respect
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

I am in my 30s but still find D90/D300/D700 too heavy for travelling.
    I was on D5000 and am now trying Sony A55, both of which I found to have great weight vs. features trade-off.

But again, I am not a pro.

You have my respect too. Me at 61 carrying D700 + Lens + SB900 I do not think I have problem also, but hand held shooting a photo is very different. Just last night the PSS instructor just asked me why my photo turn out blur shooting with 45-200mm zoom. Man, looks like I need to go back to IPPT before qualify for photographer.

*salute* i wan to be just like u.

u earn my respect if u really r 89.
    tat's passion!!!
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Same case with my previous D90 purchase. Nikon don't sell body only.

For my case, I asked the shopkeeper to buy D90 body only, but the shopkeeper gave me the box of D90 box+kit lens 18-105 VR, without gave me the the lens.

Look like the same case is repeated with D7000 sale.
    when u bought the D90, how much the seller deduct for u for the lens ?

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of rich people in Singapore but not necessary Singaporean.

I hope that the D7K BO will be available before the school holidays.

Cheers.
    mind telling school holidays in sgpore is when?

Quote Originally Posted by kennynah View Post
    based on historical retail selling price, this 18105mm kit should be priced at about $250-280.

this means, if the body is $X, then with this 18105mm bundled, it will cost $X+$250/280.

let's me just assume, based on $2299 RRP, that popular shops could be selling this D7K+Kit for about S$1988 (auspicious number )

this means, when they start selling body only, D7K could be in the region of S$1730...

if this is correct, then it is more expensive than i'd thought initially
    agree. if this is the price, i think its a little higher than the expected one..
    why sgpore price is higher than the US?

Quote Originally Posted by kvinP View Post
    Starts 20-Nov'10 and ends 02-Jan'11
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Starts 20-Nov'10 and ends 02-Jan'11
    great! means msia can get theirs soon too..

btw, if a msian go to sgpore to buy an electronic products, will the GST be applied?

Hi,
    great! means msia can get theirs soon too..

btw, if a msian go to sgpore to buy an electronic products, will the GST be applied?
    7% GST still applied. But if you don't live in Singapore, you can get back around 5.5% GST refund (need to get the GST refund form at the shop) when you leave Singapore at the Airport... if I'm not wrong, you won't get any GST refund if you leave Singapore via the causeway.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by AbangR View Post
    I was on D5000 and am now trying Sony A55, both of which I found to have great weight vs. features trade-off.

I am st the KOpi session yesterday. I must say this D90 is much heavier compare to D7000.
    I think I can hang it around my neck with a 50mm len prime.

Quote Originally Posted by dw8888 View Post
    I am st the KOpi session yesterday. I must say this D90 is much heavier compare to D7000.
    i don't think it is so much difference right ?

comparing D300s and D7000 than there is much difference . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbangR View Post

Tell you what I observe...many people think carry big cameras with big lenses feels very pro. I think I'll feel very bodoh. Choose the smallest, lighters camera that fits my hands will do. ISO quality at high ISO doesn't cut with me when I always shoot below ISO400. For that kind of demands, any entry level model will do. Then again, nobody will stop you if you want a D3s.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

pls read the post before it

Quote Originally Posted by dw8888 View Post
    i thought D7000 shud be heavier than D90? thus steadier.

i thought D7000 shud be heavier than D90? thus steadier.
    There's only a 76 grams difference, about the weight of 1 AA battery.

D7K physically feels like a D90...the dimensions are very similar....

Quote Originally Posted by weixing View Post
    Hi,

7% GST still applied. But if you don't live in Singapore, you can get back around 5.5% GST refund (need to get the GST refund form at the shop) when you leave Singapore at the Airport... if I'm not wrong, you won't get any GST refund if you leave Singapore via the causeway.

Have a nice day.
    thanks alot for the info

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast