Thread: HELP~ memory card problem?

Default HELP~ memory card problem?

anyone can tell me what went wrong?

look at the bottom. originally its not there. until i open up the raw files in my computer and increased the contrast, exposure....

this has been happening recently. one out of my many photos will get this. corrupted picture. memory card problem? or is it that my computer is faulty?

Default Re: HELP~ memory card problem?

last time i also had the same problem as you

so did you solve it? i'm using the free memory cards nikon gave. using it for about half a year. recently this has to happen. sigh.

does it mean time for a new memory card?

I think it is a recording problem due to weak battery.

if i recall correctly, my battery was full. cause i charged it the night before. this shot in between. which means shots after this photo turned out ok.

I really don't know what's the problem but would advice that you do not store photos in your memory card for too long. Best transfer them to external hard disk and delete. After deletion of photos best you format your memory card before you use it again. Unless you use zero recovery software to wipe photos from you memory cards most photos taken and stored in your memory card can be recovered by using recovey software.

i normally don't store my photos for more than one day in the memory card. finish shooting go home upload to computer then i format my memory card.

Quote Originally Posted by glgl96 View Post
    anyone can tell me what went wrong?

look at the bottom. originally its not there. until i open up the raw files in my computer and increased the contrast, exposure....

this has been happening recently. one out of my many photos will get this. corrupted picture. memory card problem? or is it that my computer is faulty?
    i normally don't store my photos for more than one day in the memory card. finish shooting go home upload to computer then i format my memory card.
    Your JPEG file is corrupted. Repeated opening/saving can corrupt the file. This has nothing to do with the card or your camera or PC. Repeated formatting the card will also shorten the lifespan of the card as it has a fixed read/write lifespan.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

i converted the picture from NEF to JPG. originally the photo is already like this in NEF after i edited.
    i realised that the lifespan is limited only recently. will stop reformatting my card after today.

i converted the picture from NEF to JPG. originally the photo is already like this in NEF after i edited.
    i realised that the lifespan is limited only recently. will stop reformatting my card after today.
    Not late to learn something important...and stop formatting card despite what others say or swear by it.

Use Lightroom to view the NEF file directly and see whether it is corrupted. If it is, then it's better to throw your card away or use it for non critical photoshoots. For me, I usually throw them away (yup, it's expensive to do that but no choice)
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

How do you format your memory card, may I ask? Thru comp or DSLR?

It does look a little like a faulty card.... might wanna send for servicing if it has warranty.

btw you should use your camera to format the card and try again.

If problem persist, try your card on another camera and see the result.

if both these tests have the same problem then the problem is the card.

Also try use another card on your camera if it does have the same result then your camera is causing the problem.

now i'm thinking to get a proper card rather to use the free card nikon gave. yes. and i will stop reformatting my card.

through my dslr. hmmm. no warranty. free card from nikon.

don't have another camera. but this is not the first time already. second time. luckily each time only one photo will kana. i think i will buy a new card.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1464...dcardtips.html
    Read the above article and decides for yourself whether to format or not format your memory card regularly.