Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

  1. #1

    Default Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    What do you think of the DIM SUM Dolly thing ?

    Feels like a deliberate attempt to tell the world that Singapore is already there, and focusing on arts and refinement. Cant help but feel like a copy cat of the Tokyo Subway Trains annoucement.

    I personally dont mine the "Train is Coming" thing, because it is much more audible than before that the train is indeed coming. But the one in the train "Please move In", really annoys me, its kinda loud. "Give up , Give Up, Give Up your seat" ... gosh. It doesnt work.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    INSIDE INSIDE INSIDE INSIDE!!! LOVE YOUR RIDE!

    That's all I hear in the "move in" announcement. By the way I do think it's a little excessive and loud, I mean I plug in my earpiece to listen to music, not other sounds that go off every few seconds. I'm fine with them telling me which station is next, but not this spam we're getting now.

    I've also been wondering what would happen if they decide to implement those announcements at bus stops...
    Last edited by brapodam; 27th October 2010 at 10:48 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    getting louder nowadays.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    dun hear it so frequently nowadays or issit becos I had gotten used to it?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    dun hear it so frequently nowadays or issit becos I had gotten used to it?
    thing is..is it on auto?

    kinda irritating to hear when the train is packed like sardines...or more aptly, packed like ikan bilis.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #6
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang View Post
    What do you think of the DIM SUM Dolly thing ?

    Feels like a deliberate attempt to tell the world that Singapore is already there, and focusing on arts and refinement. Cant help but feel like a copy cat of the Tokyo Subway Trains annoucement.

    I personally dont mine the "Train is Coming" thing, because it is much more audible than before that the train is indeed coming. But the one in the train "Please move In", really annoys me, its kinda loud. "Give up , Give Up, Give Up your seat" ... gosh. It doesnt work.
    I think the "train is coming..." thing, change to "it's coming.. it's coming.." sounds better.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    The songs are terrible. They annoy me.
    When i'm annoyed i get mean.
    When i'm mean i'm not giving up my seat to anyone.

  8. #8
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    The song makes me angry, when me angry, me turn green

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    The songs are terrible. They annoy me.
    When i'm annoyed i get mean.
    When i'm mean i'm not giving up my seat to anyone.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    The song makes me angry, when me angry, me turn green
    Incredible hulk!!! *Roaarrrrrrr

  10. #10
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    The purpose of the jingle is definitely not to alert passengers of the coming train.

    Most of Singapores aren't deaf, blind or dumb.

    It will be very useful at the bus stop though.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    The purpose of the jingle is definitely not to alert passengers of the coming train.

    Most of Singapores aren't deaf, blind or dumb.

    It will be very useful at the bus stop though.
    Won't it be even noisier? BUS IS BUS BUS BUS IS COM BUS COMING LOVE YO BUS IS RIDE! IS BUS COMING

  12. #12

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    i noticed it is softer today, maybe they are listening.

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    The purpose of the jingle is definitely not to alert passengers of the coming train.

    Most of Singapores aren't deaf, blind or dumb.

    It will be very useful at the bus stop though.
    From my experience,the jingle seems to alert passengers to chiong to the front of the door and block those coming out

  14. #14
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    the jingle isnt a nice jingle. more like a crashing on my ears...

    i wish they leave mrts quiet.

  15. #15
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Train is coming but which side sis ?

    How to love your ride when we are packed like sardine and the only consolation is that we are still not packed like in Japan.

    Usually this type of things are done by people who do not take the MRT everyday.

    Let's invite the Dimsum Dollies to ride with us for 3 months and the jingle will become hate your ride.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    yea... the more i listen, the more i hate my ride. the more i hate dimsumdollies.


  17. #17

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    lucky i drive and i ride

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    The little ditties exemplify the crudeness of Sing. You can record them and make them your mobile phone ring tones so as to irritate everyone near to you.

  19. #19
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    yea... the more i listen, the more i hate my ride. the more i hate dimsumdollies.

    Use powerpuff sounds cuter?

  20. #20
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Dim Sum Dolly "Train Is Coming" announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    The song makes me angry, when me angry, me turn green
    You want to puke?

    Don't do it anywhere within the train station or inside the train as that constitute littering and neither you should you swallow back your own regurgitate as that constitute eating and drinking.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •