Thread: Macro shooting with Canon 550D Kit Lens II

Default Macro shooting with Canon 550D Kit Lens II

Hi all,

After buying this 550D Kit Lens for about nearly half a year, finally I have chance of trying out on macro shooting. But can anyone share, just with kit lens 18-135, can macro shooting still be done.

I have tried but couldn't get good close-up. Any tips?.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Macro shooting with Canon 550D Kit Lens II

Quote Originally Posted by Ivshootphoto View Post
    Hi all,

After buying this 550D Kit Lens for about nearly half a year, finally I have chance of trying out on macro shooting. But can anyone share, just with kit lens 18-135, can macro shooting still be done.

I have tried but couldn't get good close-up. Any tips?.

Thanks
    You need dedicated macro lenses, or macro attachments like the Raynox DCR-250 or DCR-150.

Hi,
    I believe your recommendation should be the most economic way. Googled and readup your recommended Raynox conversion lens too. Probably
    I will go for it.. Will this converter available at most stores?.

Thanks

Hi,
    I believe your recommendation should be the most economic way. Googled and readup your recommended Raynox conversion lens too. Probably

Thanks
    You can check out mass sales, there are a few sellers selling it

Blog Entries

Hi,

Thanks
    http://www.mcgill.com.sg/shop/produc...182030500a533b

If you want a a cheaper version and just wanted to try it out, why dont you buy an extension tube first which cost around $20 from Mass Sales section. Focusing would be done manually though!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

Just to add on... for macro, we 99.999999% of the time use manual focussing anyway.

WRT extension tube, some bodies might have some error, indicating that there's no lens attached (might not allow shutter release). You'll probably need to find out how to disable this error. The issue that is that the aperture cannot be controlled.

Personally, my experience with the cheaper extension body is only with manual lenses (never on the AF lenses) where the aperture rings are adjusted manually. I've tried both ext tubes and also close up filters. Focussing is really tough. Finally bit the bullet and got myself the dedicated macro lens.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|