Thread: D7000 Product launch @ Pit Stop building 27 Oct 2010

Default Re: Nikon D7000 Official Launch in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

only the smart ppl end up with the food, camera and the gals
    Yikees
    I will be a dead meat if my wife or daughter see this
    not so smart now
    At least your hands are on the D7000 and food and not of the 2 sweet young things mah
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    At least your hands are on the D7000 and food and not of the 2 sweet young things mah
    yeap at least my name is not "Paul" the Octapus - many hands to grope hehehehhehe

Blog Entries

yeap at least my name is not "Paul" the Octapus - many hands to grope hehehehhehe
    btw do know that "paul the octopus" has died already

Initial impressions of the camera gave me, 5 stood out.

1. Pretty solid. Doesn't feel much different from a D300/700/3 upwards.
    2. ENEL5 (if I saw the number correct) battery? HUH? Not compatible with the ENEL3e based cameras?
    Noticed the rating was 1500mah. IIRC, this is slightly higher than the current ENEL3e used in the D300/700 series now.
    3. New 2016 metering sensor will be the norm for all new prosumer cameras from now. On the other hand, I don't notice a significant difference between this and the other cameras that I use, so not a major point.
    4. U1 and U2 quick access on the top panel - fantastic! However, Nikon dropped the custom settings menu. So while you get faster access, you get 4 less banks (4 in the pro cameras vs 2 here). It's a toss up depending on whether you want speed or versatility.
    5. Front of camera, no more C, S, M. It reverts to the consumer camera styled 'AF, M'. Have to press it and tweak a button on the top to change. Not intuitive. So bad, till I forgot the button combo.

Ok.. back to play with the P7000 Nikon gave me. This camera gave me some surprises, much more solid than I thought. Bravo!
    Last edited by chanjyj; 28th October 2010 at 12:16 AM.

tsk tsk tsk... you hope to have 6 hands to grope all 6 D7000 cameras there right?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    btw do know that "paul the octopus" has died already
    Yeah, So no more predictions of when D700s will come out liao

Maybe that's why bro PE spelt my nic as DrSpook very spooky now that 'Paul' is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerina View Post
    tsk tsk tsk... you hope to have 6 hands to grope all 6 D7000 cameras there right?
    Actually were there 6 or 8 x D7000, if I remembered correctly??? Anyway my eyes was popping out with all the new bodies and lenses and pretty things very distracting whole evening lah

I know no-one except Catchlight was molesting the D3100 at the corner...

last I checked... octopus should have 8 arms... there were 7 D7000 there... leaving 1 arm free for the food... hahahaha
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    Initial impressions of the camera gave me, 5 stood out.

1. Pretty solid. Doesn't feel much different from a D300/700/3 upwards.
    2. ENEL5 (if I saw the number correct) battery? HUH? Not compatible with the ENEL3e based cameras?
    Noticed the rating was 1500mah. IIRC, this is slightly higher than the current ENEL3e used in the D300/700 series now.
    3. New 2016 metering sensor will be the norm for all new prosumer cameras from now. On the other hand, I don't notice a significant difference between this and the other cameras that I use, so not a major point.
    4. U1 and U2 quick access on the top panel - fantastic! However, Nikon dropped the custom settings menu. So while you get faster access, you get 4 less banks (4 in the pro cameras vs 2 here). It's a toss up depending on whether you want speed or versatility.
    5. Front of camera, no more C, S, M. It reverts to the consumer camera styled 'AF, M'. Have to press it and tweak a button on the top to change. Not intuitive. So bad, till I forgot the button combo.

Ok.. back to play with the P7000 Nikon gave me. This camera gave me some surprises, much more solid than I thought. Bravo!
    You forgot the double dial, which is quite 'pro-like' hence no more the C, S & M knob

Blog Entries

Of course lah.

In fact it was proven that the D7000, made even the most attractive woman envious and ignored.

After unboxing his D7000, the guys at the table was urging Lumniere to kiss his partner (Quinine) with the D7000 in his hands while we take a pic. Instead he instinctively held up the D7000 and kiss it kekekekeke lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    You forgot the double dial, which is quite 'pro-like' hence no more the C, S & M knob
    Ahh.. ok. P7000's 3 dials now confusing my mind with D7000's 2 dials

No seriously, I'm referring to the CSM mode on the front of camera, next to lens mount - go take a look at your camera.
    Only the pro bodies have this (C=continuous AF, S=single shot AF, M=manual). Lower end bodies only have AF and M (AF=autofocus, M=manual), you don't get to choose the type of AF.
    Nothing to do with the top dials "S, CL, CH" (S=single shot, CL=continuous low, CH=continuous high)

The D7000 takes the consumer bodies AF and M, but you can press it - to choose C, S or M. A kind of hybrid. Very confusing for me. Perhaps the body was too small with the video buttons to incorporate the C, S and M.

No seriously, I'm referring to the CSM mode on the front of camera, next to lens mount - go take a look at your camera.
    Only the pro bodies have this (C=continuous AF, S=single shot AF, M=manual). Lower end bodies only have AF and M (AF=autofocus, M=manual), you don't get to choose the type of AF.
    Nothing to do with the top dials "S, CL, CH" (S=single shot, CL=continuous low, CH=continuous high)

The D7000 takes the consumer bodies AF and M, but you can press it - to choose C, S or M. A kind of hybrid. Very confusing for me. Perhaps the body was too small with the video buttons to incorporate the C, S and M.
    Ahh... yes, I see what you mean. Anyway so long as you see the green color Auto on the mode dial you know this cam is not meant for any 'pro level' lah hence still not qualifed to enrol in NPS

Blog Entries

Congrats on wining the P7000 in the luck draw

Of course lah.

In fact it was proven that the D7000, made even the most attractive woman envious and ignored.

After unboxing his D7000, the guys at the table was urging Lumniere to kiss his partner (Quinine) with the D7000 in his hands while we take a pic. Instead he instinctively held up the D7000 and kiss it kekekekeke lol
    what???!!! that must be classic man!!! how can i missed it!!!

Luminere, how can you do that... it's not right lah... break Quinnie's heart...

Quinnie, no choice lah... nothing else can beat the D7000 in front of him right in his eyes and hands... hahaha...

what???!!! that must be classic man!!! how can i missed it!!!

Luminere, how can you do that... it's not right lah... break Quinnie's heart...

Quinnie, no choice lah... nothing else can beat the D7000 in front of him right in his eyes and hands... hahaha...

LOL u can watch that in the unboxing video

Congrats on wining the P7000 in the luck draw
    Thanks PE.

Talk about double digits, anyone realised that both the top lucky draw winners for Round 1 and Round 2 were from ClubSnap (and NPS members to boot)?

The odds.. 0.0001%

This thread sounds more and more like a KPT thread...........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    This thread sounds more and more like a KPT thread...........
    yeap, somethimes KPT talk do get into the headlines

Default Re: D7000 Product launch @ Pit Stop building 27 Oct 2010

This video was shot with the Nikon D7000

Default Re: D7000 Product launch @ Pit Stop building 27 Oct 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

This video was shot with the Nikon D7000
    Congrats.....

scene at 1:50 is CLASSIC!!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast