Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mastering the UWA lens

  1. #21

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    I am thinking of including uwa for Micro 4/3 and leica. Anyone any suggestions or ideas?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #22

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Update - 28 Oct 2010
    1. Add 5 more Mastering UWA lens links
    2. Add lens mount for each lens
    3. Add Carl Zeiss 18, 20 and Tamron 10-24, 11-18
    4. Add Lens Review links
    5. Add Group Lenses Review links


    6. Add tamron 10-24 review by Nightwolf75
    Last edited by coolthought; 29th October 2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Added Tamron 11-18
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  3. #23

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    hi, maybe can add 8-16mm sigma... it is specially created for DX camera..
    cheers!
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Nice thread
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  5. #25
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    this is a nice thread, the articles you linked to are quite informative.

    suggest that you change "fixed focus lens" to "prime lens" or "fixed focal length lens". fixed focus = those cheapo $5 PnS cameras.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Can we include in Full Frame 4/3 lens (12-60 Zuiko ZD), Full Frame 6x7 Medium format lens (Mamiya RZ67 50/4.5)?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    nice informative!

    add: this should be stickied
    Last edited by clownpo09; 8th November 2010 at 04:49 PM.

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Sony 11-18 f4.5-5.6
    Tamron 11-18 f4.5-5.6

    Bro, so you know, these 2 are practically the same lens. Tamron designed several lenses for Sony, just like how Tokina designed some lenses for Pentax.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by bayusuputra View Post
    hi, maybe can add 8-16mm sigma... it is specially created for DX camera..
    cheers!
    this has already been added since day one this thread started. I have my eyes on this for a bit when it came out till I saw thread size....82mm

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    this is a nice thread, the articles you linked to are quite informative.

    suggest that you change "fixed focus lens" to "prime lens" or "fixed focal length lens". fixed focus = those cheapo $5 PnS cameras.
    Thanks. Good idea. Gonna change it.
    edit. Sounds a bit mouth full for "fixed focal length lens". Maybe we should just call them prime.

    Quote Originally Posted by theITguy View Post
    Can we include in Full Frame 4/3 lens (12-60 Zuiko ZD), Full Frame 6x7 Medium format lens (Mamiya RZ67 50/4.5)?
    Let me check out this lens first. Probably I have miss the non-main stream lens. Thanks.

    *edit - currently I'm not familiar with the 4/3 lens and the medium format lens. Let me read up a bit more and see how to fit them in.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownpo09 View Post
    nice informative!

    add: this should be stickied
    Thanks.
    Last edited by coolthought; 9th November 2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  10. #30

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Sony 11-18 f4.5-5.6
    Tamron 11-18 f4.5-5.6

    Bro, so you know, these 2 are practically the same lens. Tamron designed several lenses for Sony, just like how Tokina designed some lenses for Pentax.
    hmmm.... looks like I didn't dig deep enough. Thanks for the info.
    However, the Sony 11-18 is manufactured by Sony itself or Tamron?
    If it is manufactured by Sony itself, then I think it should by itself Sony 11-18 and Tamron 11-18 - S. Just for the clear distinction that this lens is made by who even though it maybe the of the same design with a different badge.

    However, I will definitely add a note at somewhere appropriate to link these 2 lenses as of same design.

    What do you think?
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  11. #31
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    The Tamron 17-35mm F2.8-4 for FF is missing...

    It had been a workhorse for me on my 5DM2, not only for scenery shots... but some alternative portraiture too.



    Shot in 17mm F2.8
    Last edited by Anson; 9th November 2010 at 07:23 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    The Tamron 17-35mm F2.8-4 for FF is missing...

    It had been a workhorse for me on my 5DM2, not only for scenery shots... but some alternative portraiture too.
    [/CENTER]
    Great looking photo.
    Can you include a simple write up on getting this photo? Thanks.
    Hmmm... how can I miss such a value for money ff uwa.?
    Can't seems to find it on the tamron sites, however, it is still available on the third party site.
    The lenses included here are the current lens available.
    Has Tamron stop producing this lens?
    Last edited by coolthought; 9th November 2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  13. #33
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Great looking photo.
    Can you include a simple write up on getting this photo? Thanks.
    Hmmm... how can I miss such a value for money ff uwa.?
    Can't seems to find it on the tamron sites, however, it is still available on the third party site.
    The lenses included here are the current lens available.
    Has Tamron stop producing this lens?

    The shot was rather simple to achieve, it was shot at 17mm F2.8.

    If I am not wrong the lens cost about new S$460/- (grey). Details of the lens can be found -> http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...teEiR455_o4hqQ

  14. #34
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    hmmm.... looks like I didn't dig deep enough. Thanks for the info.
    However, the Sony 11-18 is manufactured by Sony itself or Tamron?
    If it is manufactured by Sony itself, then I think it should by itself Sony 11-18 and Tamron 11-18 - S. Just for the clear distinction that this lens is made by who even though it maybe the of the same design with a different badge.

    However, I will definitely add a note at somewhere appropriate to link these 2 lenses as of same design.

    What do you think?
    Bro more information on the Sony...
    http://www.photozone.de/sony-alpha-a...sony_1118_4556

    Maybe just keep both, since they look slightly different. But lens formula, optics and mechanics are identical. Just that I think the Sony version has sony colors and an additional switch.

    But really who makes it, no one can give a definite answer. But it is definitely cross licensed from Tamron. Also Sony owns a substantial share of Tamron. FYI.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Singapore, East Sider
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    the 17-35 tamron has been out of production for close to 2 years now, if im not wrong.

    it works fine on ff, if you're not too particular about 3rd party brands; i've had mine for close to a year now(lost track), and it's been working fine, with minimal issues.

    i'd recommend it for ff users who just need a uwa for a pinch. mr anson here is testament to it

    regards.
    1 Camera Body and a couple lenses.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by LukaviZ View Post
    i'd recommend it for ff users who just need a uwa for a pinch. mr anson here is testament to it
    .
    Bro... All thanks to your recommend that time. And David for the discount...

  17. #37
    Member dannyfoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    650

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    hi, please add

    Olympus
    ZD 7-14mm f4
    ZD 9-18 f4-5.6
    mZD 9-18mm f4-5.6

    Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f4
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

  18. #38

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    These are great compilations! Thank you for collating them.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyfoxy View Post
    hi, please add

    Olympus
    ZD 7-14mm f4
    ZD 9-18 f4-5.6
    mZD 9-18mm f4-5.6

    Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f4
    I have to read up a bit on micro 4/3 as I am unfamiliar with this system.

    Quote Originally Posted by +canonuser+ View Post
    These are great compilations! Thank you for collating them.
    You are welcome.

    Update. Added UWA lens for Micro four thirds for olympus and Panasonic.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  20. #40
    Member dannyfoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    650

    Default Re: Mastering the UWA lens

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyfoxy View Post
    hi, please add

    Olympus
    ZD 7-14mm f4
    ZD 9-18 f4-5.6
    mZD 9-18mm f4-5.6

    Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f4
    Hi some correction
    ZD 7-14 f4 and ZD 9-18 f4-5.6 are 4/3 mount

    mZD 9-18 f4-5.6 and Lumis 7-14mm f4 is m4/3 month

    there are for different system.

    *missed out ZD 11-22mm f2.8-3.5
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •