Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon"

Default Re: "Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon"

Quote Originally Posted by ardnirun View Post
    "Pentax stands for Pantat(Backside in malay)" said by that same sales-rep 2 years ago when I was looking for a K20d
    funny, he don't dare to say that to me.

always only say that he will get me good price for pentax lenses when i ask , since i'm in the area, and then come up with much more expensive prices than everyone else. so i stopped bothering to stop by.

John 3:16 fails. Seriously why bother with those lousy / unhonest shops while there's a much better one around (SLRR)?

Tell them I used my Sony camera to win a Canon camera see what they say hehe.

Sony's really good point lies in their SSS inside. It's incredibly useful and I really love that feature. Dual card slots are awesome too. For camera shops, there are only a few I visit - SLRR, Cathay and TK. Haven't paid a visit to MS, and only spent a brief period of time in OP.

it's the same as all other sony products
    you go every electronic store eg courts, hn, they will tell you sony not good, blah blah blah
    bcos sony control the selling price very tight, all the price you can find on sony website
    so cannot anyhow sian you, thus commission not so good.
    other brand never list out the price, can anyhow quote.

Quote Originally Posted by wah on View Post
    "Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon, much better"

Said a well known sales rep of j3:16 when I walk in to ask for a55....

Dont understand whats the base of that statement. As a long time sony/km user since 1999, the FD mavica era, i certainly dont like to hear that
    Who still buys a camera from a camera shop?

Everybody and everyone buys it online.

Blog Entries

if u want sony supporter, go ms color. i think they are like official distributor or something. a whole shop dedicated to sony

Quote Originally Posted by ardnirun View Post
    "Pentax stands for Pantat(Backside in malay)" said by that same sales-rep....
    Are you sure you walk into a camera shop and not a Pantat Kedai?

For 3:16, I go and buy Nikon Stuff or accompany friends to buy Canon stuff there, no one actually comments anything before.

Maybe they are just joking, but it is really not a very good sale tactic to bash any brand.

But i do realise that in CS, everytime got ppls bash Sony or asking which brand to buy, there will be 2 "senior" member will confirm plus chop praise sony until it is like godsend.

They always describe until like the camera can fly and bash other brand, but when i click on to both their photo link, i really LOL.

Go spend more taking photo than spending time worshipping any brand.
    Last edited by Leong23; 28th October 2010 at 08:48 AM.

if they were authorised Sony seller, they wouldn't say like this.

Quote Originally Posted by playstation View Post
    if they were authorised Sony seller, they wouldn't say like this.
    Even they are not, it is not good to do that.

Imaging that i wanted to get my first camera, and after asking around and do some research. I eagerly went to a shop and ask for it........then they said such thing.....it will cause confusion on my side.

hmm.. since J3:16 hate sony.. do they still carry sony products? hate sony so dont bring in sony loh.. den put banner outside " we don't have sony DSLRs".
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    They're nice people overall, but a bit out of touch with the times. They're still stuck in the Canon 400D era, where Canon had the best high-iso sensors.
    same like many sales man, always stuck in the Nickel battery era. " You must charge your batteries for 8hours"

They dont realise that we are on lithium batteries now? No memory effect
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 28th October 2010 at 10:07 AM.

there are 3 categories of people bashing:
    - without reason
    - with unrealistic reason
    - with realistic reason
    From these 3, I actually despise the 2 former - without reason or unrealistic reason.

When looking for my 1st DSLR, I'm looking forward for nikon D60.
    A friend said; Nikon crap, they loosing money
    The reason is no connection at all
    Finally manage to buy a DSLR (unplanned) a A350 during a tour at Changi T3
    Again friends said; Why buy Sony, next year they sure will withdraw from DSLR business
    Based on assumtion, not realistic at all

On another hand I enjoyed to exchange words with my buddies, why they happy with their gears, later news and so on. At the end, it's a personal choice - with a realistic reason.
    α350 | α 16-80 CZ | 70-300G SSM | 50 f1.4 | 135 f1.8 CZ

Sony is not new. They bought over Minolta-Konica. Both Minolta and Konica made good cameras. They continue to use the flash mount which is non- standard and it maybe the cause to loose some market share!

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    hmm.. since J3:16 hate sony.. do they still carry sony products? hate sony so dont bring in sony loh.. den put banner outside " we don't have sony DSLRs".
    Yes, maybe they are
    Another reason of false statement is maybe they are trying to clear their stock
    Accompany a buddy before to Simlim, looking for a Canon 450D (he already made his mind, only accompany him so that peoples cannot bully him). A shop told him that there is another 'better' product, which he show us a Pentax DSLR. He mention it's as "Germany brand"
    (Sorry Pentax folks - I only refering to a fact here)
    α350 | α 16-80 CZ | 70-300G SSM | 50 f1.4 | 135 f1.8 CZ

Quote Originally Posted by teodesson View Post
    Yes, maybe they are
    Accompany a buddy before to Simlim, looking for a Canon 450D (he already made his mind, only accompany him so that peoples cannot bully him). A shop told him that there is another 'better' product, which he show us a Pentax DSLR. He mention it's as "Germany brand"
    That saleman isn't bluffing ! (except the german part) ...on a bang for the buck basis, Pentax is great value !!!

btw, I'm NOT a Pentax shooter
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    same like many sales man, always stuck in the Nickel battery era. " You must charge your batteries for 8hours"

They dont realise that we are on lithium batteries now? No memory effect
    Agree bro, I always like to tease them by asking how long do I have to charge my batteries when I buy a new product.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    For 3:16, I go and buy Nikon Stuff or accompany friends to buy Canon stuff there, no one actually comments anything before.

Maybe they are just joking, but it is really not a very good sale tactic to bash any brand.

But i do realise that in CS, everytime got ppls bash Sony or asking which brand to buy, there will be 2 "senior" member will confirm plus chop praise sony until it is like godsend.

They always describe until like the camera can fly and bash other brand, but when i click on to both their photo link, i really LOL.

Go spend more taking photo than spending time worshipping any brand.

maybe you have not seen real brand worshippers.. show them the fact they still don't believe, some go the extend on saying they prefer IS on lens den on body! cause they support their brand.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by teodesson View Post
    Yes, maybe they are
    ya.. if they really have a factual reason that sony is so bad that its really worth bashing, then LPPL.. but just by saying sony is bad cause they like canon, thats really stupid.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    maybe you have not seen real brand worshippers.. show them the fact they still don't believe, some go the extend on saying they prefer IS on lens den on body! cause they support their brand.
    I only believe in photo not brand.

I don't just buy camera or lenses, i invest in the system.
    Last edited by Leong23; 28th October 2010 at 11:32 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast