Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

  1. #1

    Default How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Just wondering what's the price you can get for the new Sigma 17-70? And where to get it from?

    Also has anyone noted QC issues with this particular lens?

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534146

    Please return the spoon after using it...

  3. #3

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534146

    Please return the spoon after using it...
    geeez... sorry... did the searches but apparently i'm not a good searcher...

  4. #4

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    you can always call the shops to get the latest, up-to-date prices.

    or would you like me to do that for you?

  5. #5

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you can always call the shops to get the latest, up-to-date prices.

    or would you like me to do that for you?
    oooh! tough crowd here... my apologies again for wasting everyone's time

    will be extra extra careful before i ever ask another question on the forum again... sorry.

  6. #6
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    oooh! tough crowd here... my apologies again for wasting everyone's time

    will be extra extra careful before i ever ask another question on the forum again... sorry.
    Hey we are a bunch of nice great guys. Dun worry about asking questions. just that these questions have been asked too many times, especially about pricing.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  7. #7

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    oooh! tough crowd here... my apologies again for wasting everyone's time

    will be extra extra careful before i ever ask another question on the forum again... sorry.


    is not a waste of time, is improving your use of time.

    what people quote may not be up-to-date................

    and then if they quote a price they got a year ago, and you run to the shop and they tell you prices had increased from a year ago, will you be happy?

    my point is, there is no point asking such a question, much better to call up 3 or 4 reliable shops, pick the best price, and go. off by a bit of money ($10-20), if you like the shop, can give - it's your choice.

    most pentax users tend to be quite price-savvy, so this is S.O.P, imho. which is why 2 - 3 years ago, you would not see such a question pop up even , the guys here love to do their homework and be diligent.

    i guess this is in some sense, good, because it shows that pentax is appealing to a wider crowd than just that.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    the question is, the update on the latest pricing and the latest cameras is still no where to be found

  9. #9

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    is not a waste of time, is improving your use of time.

    what people quote may not be up-to-date................

    and then if they quote a price they got a year ago, and you run to the shop and they tell you prices had increased from a year ago, will you be happy?

    my point is, there is no point asking such a question, much better to call up 3 or 4 reliable shops, pick the best price, and go. off by a bit of money ($10-20), if you like the shop, can give - it's your choice.

    most pentax users tend to be quite price-savvy, so this is S.O.P, imho. which is why 2 - 3 years ago, you would not see such a question pop up even , the guys here love to do their homework and be diligent.

    i guess this is in some sense, good, because it shows that pentax is appealing to a wider crowd than just that.
    i check all my quotes these past few weeks with Ray from SLR Revolution. I felt paiseh to ask him again bec i keep asking for prices of stuff which i eventually don't buy or were just quotes requested by family & friends.

    so i thought i would have another reference point and i certainly don't like cold-calling shops cos i really haven't had much good experience in doing it that way, mostly... exceptions are like Ray from SLR.

    So i did make a search prior to asking here. But i only searched on the pentax forum (after all i'm asking abt a pentax mount lens...) and found no reference to price. i did not know that there was one under marketplace section.

    so once again, mea culpa, i'm the worst searcher on this forum. sorry...

  10. #10

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    dun take it to heart

    initially i was paiseh to call also..but after awhile, you realise tat its a faster way to get the price you want..anyway just for your info..the last price i got from SLR Revo for the lens is $71x..this is about 5 mths ago so not sure whether the price has went up

  11. #11

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post

    so i thought i would have another reference point and i certainly don't like cold-calling shops cos i really haven't had much good experience in doing it that way, mostly... exceptions are like Ray from SLR.
    why?

    it's part of a salesman's job... as long as you don't ask for fun, and ask for a reason, i don't think there's anything wrong - every possible enquiry leads to a sale.

  12. #12

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    why?

    it's part of a salesman's job... as long as you don't ask for fun, and ask for a reason, i don't think there's anything wrong - every possible enquiry leads to a sale.
    try telling that to the gruff, bo-chap, not-interested voice on the other side of the line... well anyway thats my experience with electronics and hifi shops.

  13. #13

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    try telling that to the gruff, bo-chap, not-interested voice on the other side of the line... well anyway thats my experience with electronics and hifi shops.


    wow, you are an easy customer.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    what you can do is try online websites to see the US pricing and local pricing should be around there.

    the OS HSM version is about US$449. The older model has been EOL.

    unless having an obsession of finding a lower then lowest price, find out which shop has stock then buy to use it straightaway.

    when photography becomes a living, availability becomes a higher priority then cost at least to me.
    Last edited by Reportage; 27th October 2010 at 01:52 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    i check all my quotes these past few weeks with Ray from SLR Revolution. I felt paiseh to ask him again bec i keep asking for prices of stuff which i eventually don't buy or were just quotes requested by family & friends.

    so i thought i would have another reference point and i certainly don't like cold-calling shops cos i really haven't had much good experience in doing it that way, mostly... exceptions are like Ray from SLR.

    So i did make a search prior to asking here. But i only searched on the pentax forum (after all i'm asking abt a pentax mount lens...) and found no reference to price. i did not know that there was one under marketplace section.

    so once again, mea culpa, i'm the worst searcher on this forum. sorry...
    Its okay

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    the question is, the update on the latest pricing and the latest cameras is still no where to be found
    for the list to be updated with the latest pricing, we must PM to update Gengh who has volunteered to maintain the price list with the latest pricing. He will not be able to look through all the thread here and compile the price discussed.

    What i see is most people just come here and take. Ask for the price, which shop to buy, went down to buy and that's the end. Hope all can help by PM him the date, price and shop if you got any latest quote or pricing from the shop. Even it is the same price as the price list, still can inform him so that he can update the date to the latest.

  17. #17

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    well anyway, thanks everyone, once i find out how much i will also let Gengh know...

  18. #18

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    hi gsiguy, i got mine from manly last month for 735 (gst incl.). i've sent a pm to gengh for the update as well.

  19. #19

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonstomper View Post
    hi gsiguy, i got mine from manly last month for 735 (gst incl.). i've sent a pm to gengh for the update as well.
    just contacted SLR Revo. Its still quoted as $715 there but no stock at the mo...

  20. #20

    Default Re: How much Sigma 17-70 OS?

    Guys
    Gengh was nice enough to set the price list up and maintain it but as he is not based in Singapore presently, he really need your inputs to update the list accordingly. So if you have checked the latest recently, do drop him a PM so he can update the list.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •