Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1000

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

  1. #421

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    very funny ar smiles88, hahahaha...

    not really into power-pack strobes, trying to beat the sun and all, i already found a away to overcome that problems, so nah... unless i get it for free than its a whole diff ball game,
    I suggested it cause you're into bigger lights.

    But if don't have own means of transport, these huge huge things will be a PITA
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  2. #422

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I suggested it cause you're into bigger lights.

    But if don't have own means of transport, these huge huge things will be a PITA
    hahahaha, just carry reflector lah...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  3. #423

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    hahahaha, just carry reflector lah...
    They will work just as well? Sorry man, I got zero knowledge on strobist things.

    All suddenly so quiet. Busy working?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  4. #424
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro I was actually thinking of buying a couple of studio strobes (3 pics maybe) next time I go to China...


    am quite 'gian'... any estimate on pricing?
    There was a CSer 'castwind' selling at the intro to studio session by Trucatus. I think it was $380 for 3 x 160W strobes plus 1 trigger plug 3 receivers plus 3 lightstands, etc.
    Exploring! :)

  5. #425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post


    am quite 'gian'... any estimate on pricing?
    There was a CSer 'castwind' selling at the intro to studio session by Trucatus. I think it was $380 for 3 x 160W strobes plus 1 trigger plug 3 receivers plus 3 lightstands, etc.
    then go for it . . .

    Don't need to think so much . . .

    Today really very quiet.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  6. #426
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post


    am quite 'gian'... any estimate on pricing?
    There was a CSer 'castwind' selling at the intro to studio session by Trucatus. I think it was $380 for 3 x 160W strobes plus 1 trigger plug 3 receivers plus 3 lightstands, etc.
    Will not get the 160W ones already... Will probably go for 300W with modelling lights for Key and hair lights. And a 160W (or 300W) for background. Godox or JinBei... in china is cheap la... LOL. And maybe get a background stand, with a couple of muslins.

    I sense another overweight luggage experience...

    Bro... wanna go China with me? Fly budget and we go hit all the landscape spots.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th October 2010 at 05:13 PM.

  7. #427
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Will not get the 160W ones already... Will probably go for 300W with modelling lights for Key and hair lights. And a 160W (or 300W) for background. Godox or JinBei... in china is cheap la... LOL. And maybe get a background stand, with a couple of muslins.

    I sense another overweight luggage experience...

    Bro... wanna go China with me? Fly budget and we go hit all the landscape spots.
    put time put place! Soon har?
    I will definitely not be able to go on my own....
    Exploring! :)

  8. #428

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    put time put place! Soon har?
    I will definitely not be able to go on my own....
    why? Cause your Chinese cannot make it? If I go there alone, die. Won't understand what the locals are saying.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  9. #429
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    dude, if u going again dont forget to drop me a sms,
    I will bro.

  10. #430
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    put time put place! Soon har?
    I will definitely not be able to go on my own....
    Depends... negotiating a contract now. If it happens, then I have to put it off for several months.

  11. #431

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Hi guys, anyone interested to join me for sunrise and sunset from Pinnacle@Duxton 50th flr? This Sunday (5.45am?) and Monday or Tuesday (5pm?) I got a relative who are staying there. Plus me 4 ppl can go up only.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

  12. #432

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Tokina. Sigma, is 10-20 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Sorry, omit Sigma please. I'm not very familiar with third party ranges, some I do but not all...
    Have you guys check out this thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Yup... it's up to you bro, 10mm and cheaper or 11mm and f/2.8...
    sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 is cheaper than the tokina 11-16 f2.8
    At the widest range, this will depend on individual lens, between the 10mm and 12mm zoom means a difference of 10 degree difference in fov and this is pretty large with just 2mm difference.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  13. #433

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Will not get the 160W ones already... Will probably go for 300W with modelling lights for Key and hair lights. And a 160W (or 300W) for background. Godox or JinBei... in china is cheap la... LOL. And maybe get a background stand, with a couple of muslins.

    I sense another overweight luggage experience...

    Bro... wanna go China with me? Fly budget and we go hit all the landscape spots.
    bro, i suggest just skip getting the 300w and get 600w or higher, at least can use for outdoor too, not saying that the 300w not enough, but i think u get what i mean when i say 300w aint enough to over power sunlight sometime.. especially if u dont wanna stop down ya f values... dont forget bbb a monoblock too...

    I also wanna follow lei, food is not a prob for me, language a bit of a prob, unless i can master mandarin in the few months,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  14. #434
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    bro, i suggest just skip getting the 300w and get 600w or higher, at least can use for outdoor too, not saying that the 300w not enough, but i think u get what i mean when i say 300w aint enough to over power sunlight sometime.. especially if u dont wanna stop down ya f values... dont forget bbb a monoblock too...

    I also wanna follow lei, food is not a prob for me, language a bit of a prob, unless i can master mandarin in the few months,
    If I ok to go, I sure tell you also... you will go nuts going there to buy studio stuff... so damn cheap.

  15. #435

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If I ok to go, I sure tell you also... you will go nuts going there to buy studio stuff... so damn cheap.
    wah, guess i need SSS before go BBB, like confirm excess baggage fees will be on a high....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  16. #436
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    wah, guess i need SSS before go BBB, like confirm excess baggage fees will be on a high....
    Don't forget budget airline can buy 25kg or 30kg luggage weight. LOL....

  17. #437

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Don't forget budget airline can buy 25kg or 30kg luggage weight. LOL....
    die.....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  18. #438
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Depends... negotiating a contract now. If it happens, then I have to put it off for several months.
    ok. I don't think I can on short notice too.
    April I cannot go... Got my next ICT... hopefully my last
    Exploring! :)

  19. #439
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    wah, guess i need SSS before go BBB, like confirm excess baggage fees will be on a high....
    I open my doors to you!!!

    Exploring! :)

  20. #440

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

    Anyone interested in joining the Singapore Night Hunt or something like tt??

    HERE's the thread.
    Last edited by Smiles88; 28th October 2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •