Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread VII

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    who's david?
    Yup, he is the king of poisoning... I've been there so many times (outside of course) and I don't even know the owner's name...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Who's David? no idea about the cost for the moment... did a bit of research on the net can range from 50 to 100 per night depending on the kind of room you're asking for...
    Haha. He's my colleague's friend. Sometimes I go in to ask him things also. So I know his name. He's the owner of the 2nd hand shop I believe.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

nite guys! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Bro.. dun cut ur hands off.. its not very nice to do tt..

as much as possible dun cut hands, legs or any part of the body abruptly when you take portraits..
    roger that!
    what's a noobcake ? I dunno. . I'm feeling more and more noob. .

Trying to break up the poisoning effect and talk about shooting nature and sunset/rise instead...
    haha yes we shld... the D7000 is really poison!!!

Dun wan... Wait I go crazy and want one I'll kick your butties for poisoning me!...

Right now I'm more poisoned by the D7000.... damn...lau nuah liao... ISO 3200 and still so damn clean!
    ya!! it look so much better then our D90 at ISO 800....
    kit price is 2299....
    wonder how much is the body price 1.7k?

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    ya!! it look so much better then our D90 at ISO 800....
    kit price is 2299....
    wonder how much is the body price 1.7k?
    Like ZCA says, could be NR at work... but can't wait to test it out this Fri!

1.7K for body? Quite likely, hopefully lower for street pricing.

Okay guys, please make a list of testing (hopefully can be done but no promises) for D7000:
    I'll make a head start:

1) ISO testing all the way to 3200!

If quality at ISO 3200 is great, then it is possible to shoot great low light pictures with lower-mid / mid range pricing zooms like 28-300mm / 70-300mm, however given the smaller f/5.6 aperture - the bokeh quality may not be as good as the f/2.8 zooms. Too early to say now, sooooo....looking forward to more testing!

If quality at ISO 3200 is great, then it is possible to shoot great low light pictures with lower-mid / mid range pricing zooms like 28-300mm / 70-300mm, however given the smaller f/5.6 aperture - the bokeh quality may not be as good as the f/2.8 zooms. Too early to say now, sooooo....looking forward to more testing!
    Someone can't wait .Have fun at the testing

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Someone can't wait .Have fun at the testing
    That's because I've tested the 70-200m VRII with 2x TC III coupling with my D90! But kena forced to use ISO 1600 to compensate for stop loss.... how not to look else where?

Btw, just because you're not interested in D7K now doesn't mean it won't apply to you in the future... heeheehee... so comprehensive testing will help everyone now who might be looking for an upgrade in unforseable future...
    P/S: treat it as a "good to know" thing.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th October 2010 at 08:54 AM.

That's because I've tested the 70-200m VRII with 2x TC III coupling with my D90! But kena forced to use ISO 1600 to compensate for stop loss.... how not to look else where?

Btw, just because you're not interested in D7K now doesn't mean it won't apply to you in the future... heeheehee... so comprehensive testing will help everyone now who might be looking for an upgrade in unforseable future...
    P/S: treat it as a "good to know" thing.
    bro, i got a 70-200vr1 with me now (borrow from my frd) on the D90... neh neh... so "small" helplessly want to luff!! haha

btw when u use iso1600... very noisy rite, cause when i pump it up to iso 800 it is quite grainy le.

bro, i got a 70-200vr1 with me now (borrow from my frd) on the D90... neh neh... so "small" helplessly want to luff!! haha

btw when u use iso1600... very noisy rite, cause when i pump it up to iso 800 it is quite grainy le.
    Bro, your words are confusing leh... VR I? Same friend you borrowed from who has a D700? I thought she had a VR II? So "small" meaning? Actually, VR I isn't very much different from VR II in terms of size leh... Weight almost the same as well...

Yup 800 onwards you'll get grains... 1600 more pronounced...

Bro, your words are confusing leh... VR I? Same friend you borrowed from who has a D700? I thought she had a VR II? So "small" meaning? Actually, VR I isn't very much different from VR II in terms of size leh... Weight almost the same as well...

looking forward to your review kriegs...

I brought camera + tripod to work today. Hopefully got time and opportunity to catch some nice sunset on my way home.
    Bedok Reservoir, here I come!

my bad
    i got 2 frd who got 70-200
    1 is having vr1 - using on d300s
    1 is having vf2 - using on d700

why i say small is when i use/try the 70-200 is on their camera not on d90 body.
    so now i borrow the vr1 and put it on the d90 body. it make the d90 so small. i was practically holding on the lens n not on the camera. where as before holding on the body more.

Aiyah... I prefer to have shots that are actual things than a "printed material" leh... Printed material already have fine silk-screened "printing dots" to begin with - further confuses the noise-grain testing. No offense to the mod, I thank you for his efforts already.

Secondly, need to know if JPEG format was used or NEF.

Thirdly, need to know what kind of lens - 1.4? 2.8? 4? or lower end kit lenses?

That's why I prefer to test it out for myself... coz I already know what I'm looking for...

my bad
    i got 2 frd who got 70-200
    1 is having vr1 - using on d300s
    1 is having vf2 - using on d700

why i say small is when i use/try the 70-200 is on their camera not on d90 body.
    so now i borrow the vr1 and put it on the d90 body. it make the d90 so small. i was practically holding on the lens n not on the camera. where as before holding on the body more.
    Ah, clearer now... Btw, if you plan to get the 70-200 (either version), chances are you'll need the MB-D80 battery to balance the D90... one selling for ONLY $150 at BnS a few days ago! SOLD!... But don't want to rush leh... coz dunno when I might switch to D7000.... (that one using different external Bat...)

Ah, clearer now... Btw, if you plan to get the 70-200 (either version), chances are you'll need the MB-D80 battery to balance the D90... one selling for ONLY $150 at BnS a few days ago! SOLD!... But don't want to rush leh... coz dunno when I might switch to D7000.... (that one using different external Bat...)
    don't need battery grip la... I got some mild steel plates can use rubber band and tie to underside of camera

Or I can drill a nice countersunk hole and screw onto the tripod mount....

Aiyah... I prefer to have shots that are actual things than a "printed material" leh... Printed material already have fine silk-screened "printing dots" to begin with - further confuses the noise-grain testing. No offense to the mod, I thank you for his efforts already.

Secondly, need to know if JPEG format was used or NEF.

Thirdly, need to know what kind of lens - 1.4? 2.8? 4? or lower end kit lenses?

That's why I prefer to test it out for myself... coz I already know what I'm looking for...
    huh that one not printed copy le. is they test trial the d7000 with kit lens ma.
    jpeg anot i dun noe.
    but of course own trial v impt too