Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

  1. #21

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Hi Kimutaku and Rachely. Welcome.
    Do check out the "stickies" in the newbie section.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #22

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Welcome to the community

  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by rachely476 View Post
    Welcome to forum!
    My name is Rachely, from California.


    __________________
    watch movies online for free
    And you can leave this forum if you are here to do guerrilla marketing.

  4. #24
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    And you can leave this forum if you are here to do guerrilla marketing.
    sleeping in "hotel california" already
    Exploring! :)

  5. #25
    Member Kimutaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Hi Kimutaku and Rachely. Welcome.
    Do check out the "stickies" in the newbie section.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
    Nice link.. just tried out the setting on the link. Learn a lot from it.
    Canon 6D|EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM|Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM|YongNuo Speedlite YN560|Manfrotto 7302YB

  6. #26

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    rachely = spambot.
    Alpha

  7. #27
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    rachely = spambot.
    Looks like only you , ZCA and me noticed this sad fact.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Welcome to CS
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  9. #29

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Looks like only you , ZCA and me noticed this sad fact.
    Sad, isn't it?
    Alpha

  10. #30
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Sad, isn't it?
    I noticed it too and ignored it totally...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  11. #31
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Sad, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I noticed it too and ignored it totally...
    That makes 4.

    Yes, sad.

  12. #32
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That makes 4.

    Yes, sad.
    Bro...did you noticed it "left" the forum already. Did our Mod Bros removed that? Hmm...left as fast as it came. Haha...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Bro...did you noticed it "left" the forum already. Did our Mod Bros removed that? Hmm...left as fast as it came. Haha...
    yes. 'incinerated' is the word.

  14. #34
    Member Kimutaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday read some link about the ISO and aperture. Regarding the aperture on the tamron lens which has f4.0-5.4. What does it mean? I know my dslr can change the aperture setting from like maybe f4.0 to f16. But the lens onli between f4.0 to 5.4. Still confuse about this part.
    Canon 6D|EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM|Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM|YongNuo Speedlite YN560|Manfrotto 7302YB

  15. #35

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimutaku View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday read some link about the ISO and aperture. Regarding the aperture on the tamron lens which has f4.0-5.4. What does it mean? I know my dslr can change the aperture setting from like maybe f4.0 to f16. But the lens onli between f4.0 to 5.4. Still confuse about this part.
    No, it just means it's a maximum of f/4.0 at it's widest, but only 5.6 at tele. You can then still further close it to 8, 11, 16, etc etc. It's more like a max value, not the only value. Keep reading!
    Alpha

  16. #36
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimutaku View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday read some link about the ISO and aperture. Regarding the aperture on the tamron lens which has f4.0-5.4. What does it mean? I know my dslr can change the aperture setting from like maybe f4.0 to f16. But the lens onli between f4.0 to 5.4. Still confuse about this part.
    refers to maximum (ie largest) aperture.

    your Tamron 70-300 has largest aperture of f/4.0 @ 70mm and only f/5.6 as you get close to 300mm.
    You'll notice you can't achieve f/4.0 @ 200mm, for example.
    Exploring! :)

  17. #37

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Hi guys,

    me new to photography too. am thinking of leeching on to this newbie thread instead of starting a new thread to know more of you~

  18. #38
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by minimogzz View Post
    Hi guys,

    me new to photography too. am thinking of leeching on to this newbie thread instead of starting a new thread to know more of you~
    err.. ok. Welcome to CS

    there are plenty of "Hi! I'm new to CS" threads popping up just about every day though...
    Exploring! :)

  19. #39

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    err.. ok. Welcome to CS

    there are plenty of "Hi! I'm new to CS" threads popping up just about every day though...
    oh.. so is that an encouragement for me to go start one?

  20. #40
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Hi guys. Im new to DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by minimogzz View Post
    oh.. so is that an encouragement for me to go start one?
    no point ma... I don't find it beneficial to go "Hi! I'm new....!" and then stop there...
    otherwise the whole forum will be flooded with such threads, which I feel doesn't really benefit anyone except make the newbie feel a bit warm inside

    it should be more for knowledge sharing....
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •