Thread: Irrou battery and battery grip

Default Irrou battery and battery grip

Hi, has anyone used irrou batteries / battery grip for canon BG-E5 (500D, 450D, 1000D)? It is currently selling with 2 free batteries LP-E5 (also irrou).

Anyone has any feedback, good or bad?
    Canon 1000D | efs 18 - 55 IS | efs 55 - 250 IS | ef 35 f2.0 | ef 85 f1.8 | nissin di622

Default Re: Irrou battery and battery grip

Quote Originally Posted by wingwaishappy View Post
    Hi, has anyone used irrou batteries / battery grip for canon BG-E5 (500D, 450D, 1000D)? It is currently selling with 2 free batteries LP-E5 (also irrou).

Anyone has any feedback, good or bad?
    nvr heard of the brand, i'll stick with either pisen or phottix they got good reputation behind
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Blog Entries

I had a Irrou battery for my old D40x. It came with the camera (pass down from family).

It was not a bad battery, but definitely per charge, it holds less than the original battery. And as time passes, the amount of charge it holds drops as well, to around 70% of what the original battery can give me, even though it claims a much higher capacity than the original battery.

I used Ittou batteries as backup. I may be lucky that my third party Ittou hold power better than original. I used this third party battery for Canon as well as Sony systems.

To me it is great value for money.
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550