Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    AQUALANLAN WANTS JOHNSON AT JUVE
    Posted 17/11/10 11:23

"Juve was a huge opportunity for me, I could not lose it. Leaving Italy was not easy, I faced many life changes."
    > The people that I worked with, spoke English
    > The team supporters, spoke strange English
    > The manager spoke Spanish
    > The team owners, spoke different strange English
    > I spend most of my time with the doctors and nurses in the treatment room
    > I did not play much football really

> "I faced many life changes"!!!! I think this fellow is delusional!

stan callmemore is the other star.
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    how can i forget stan calamitymore!
    Its not by accident.. its on purpose that we all try to forget stan the man!

stan callmemore is one of the most gifted english striker i've ever seen!

can shoot with either leg, can run with the ball, can head, can shoot from long range! tall, big, strong and fast!!

8.5mil GBP signing!!!

best signing if not for the fact that he has a nasty temper, attitude problem and all-round emo kid.

robbie fowler is still my all time favourite LFC striker.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

stan callmemore is one of the most gifted english striker i've ever seen!

can shoot with either leg, can run with the ball, can head, can shoot from long range! tall, big, strong and fast!!

8.5mil GBP signing!!!

best signing if not for the fact that he has a nasty temper, attitude problem and all-round emo kid.

best remembered for his goals against nudecastle

i thought Kuytie is your fav

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Its not by accident.. its on purpose that we all try to forget stan the man!
    oh man, still remember watching the EPL back then with nottingham forest!

stan callmemore side by side with dutch wonder bryan roy!!!

fantastic!!!

then we signed stan callmemore!! WOOOO!! i tot tat mux be one of the best coup by roy evans!

callmemore had quite an ok spell with us... still look back and wonder what we might achieve if we had a stronger backline with roy evans in charge....

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    i thought Kuytie is your fav
    bro rodz fave.

dirty kite was never my type of LFC player.

oh man, still remember watching the EPL back then with nottingham forest!

stan callmemore side by side with dutch wonder bryan roy!!!

fantastic!!!

then we signed stan callmemore!! WOOOO!! i tot tat mux be one of the best coup by roy evans!

callmemore had quite an ok spell with us... still look back and wonder what we might achieve if we had a stronger backline with roy evans in charge....
    So so I feel. He was gifted, but he was wasted on silly arguments, which house to live, this and that... True, Evans missed the opportunity to guide them, instead he was dazzled by their new star-antics.

Somehow, I feel Babel is going the same wrong way and hope for his sake that he gets out of liverpool in order to straighten his head. Sometimes a change is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    So so I feel. He was gifted, but he was wasted on silly arguments, which house to live, this and that... True, Evans missed the opportunity to guide them, instead he was dazzled by their new star-antics.

Somehow, I feel Babel is going the same wrong way and hope for his sake that he gets out of liverpool in order to straighten his head. Sometimes a change is mandatory.
    bubblegum... not quite there and raf999 signed him for 10mil GBP.

Agreed, simply a deadly finisher as his prime, but then again haiz..
    "Good well dun stay long"

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    best remembered for his goals against nudecastle
    Ya, not forgetting, those goals he scored against the manure clowns, how many players can score goals with peter shoemichael rooted to the ground to see the ball flew into the net...

Quote Originally Posted by adilexas View Post
    Agreed, simply a deadly finisher as his prime, but then again haiz..
    "Good well dun stay long"

Ya, not forgetting, those goals he scored against the manure clowns, how many players can score goals with peter shoemichael rooted to the ground to see the ball flew into the net...
    fantastic memories. hahaha

BARRERA EYES LIVERPOOL SCALP
    Posted 18/11/10 11:56

Mexico winger Pablo Barrera believes West Ham "have a great chance" to drag themselves off the foot of the Barclays Premier League with victory at Liverpool.

The Hammers have secured only one win from their 13 games, and the Upton Park faithful were left frustrated following successive draws against West Brom and Blackpool last week.

Under-fire manager Avram Grant continues, for now at least, to have the full support of the board and insists the results which his team's performances merit will come.

Barrera was one player guilty of missing a golden chance to break the deadlock against Blackpool on Saturday, shooting straight at the keeper from 12 yards.

However, the summer signing is optimistic the Hammers' fortunes will soon turn as they go in search of a first victory at Anfield in almost half a century.

"It will be a very difficult match, but we need to start winning," Barrera said.

"The team is playing well despite being frustrated by the results in the recent matches.

"We have a great chance to get something from Liverpool."

Barrera added on the club's official website: "Against Blackpool, we should have won the match. In general the team played very well. We created a lot of chances, but we didn't score.

"We just need to keep working to come out from this period, because I believe that we've got quality in the squad to do it.

"Of course mentally we are not in our best moment because we have not been winning.

"However, the team is playing well, so we just need a little bit extra to turn draws into wins."

Barrera, 23, joined the Hammers in a £4million deal in July from Mexico City Pumas, having caught the eye at the World Cup.

The pacy winger has since made nine appearances in the Premier League, and insists there is more to come.

"Step by step I am getting used to English football," he said.

"The Premier League requires players to have a very good physical condition, but that's something that I will reach by working hard.

"I am feeling better match after match.

"I came here to do things well and to help the team, so that's something I am really focused on.

"It is beautiful to have a chance to play in the best league in the world and for a club like West Ham."

even a KKJ team wanna humtum us at Anfield.

GERRARD INJURY THREATENS RIFT
    Posted 18/11/10 07:10

Steven Gerrard will undergo a scan later today to discover the seriousness of the injury which threatens to cause a rift between Liverpool and England manager Fabio Capello.

Gerrard limped out of England's 2-1 defeat against France at Wembley with a hamstring problem after 84 minutes, even though Liverpool had wanted him to play for an hour only.

It prompted Darren Burgess, Liverpool's head of fitness and conditioning, to vent his anger on Twitter immediately after the final whistle.

Burgess said, in a post that was later deleted from his page: "Unbelievable from all associated with England and English FA with regard to Steven Gerrard's injury. Completely ignored agreement and past history.

"Completely amateurish and now we pay for their incompetence. Absolutely disgraceful."

The Liverpool captain could now be sidelined for weeks but Capello insisted he had no choice but to stick with him because Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry had an ankle problem.

Capello said: "We spoke with Steve and he said he would play one hour, but after Barry's injury we had some problems.

"That was the reason he stayed on the pitch. If it's possible, the players will play the time we agreed with the club.

"But Barry was really injured so we needed someone senior on the pitch because it was a really young team. He said he was good. We're upset about what happened to Steve, of course."

Capello admitted Liverpool had requested that Gerrard should not play more than an hour.

He said: "They asked that he can play one hour if it's possible. They can't decide how long a player plays with the national team.

"If it's possible, he'd have played an hour. I understand why they're upset and I'm also upset.

"The problem is that, when you play this game on Wednesday after a lot of Premier League, Europa League or Champions League games, it's possible there might be an injury for a player. The Premier League, every time, is a tough league for the players."

Karim Benzema and Mathieu Valbuena scored the goals for France while substitute Peter Crouch grabbed a late consolation for England, the 22nd of his international career, when he volleyed home a corner from close range.

Capello, despite seeing his young side outplayed by the French, was pleased with the debut of Newcastle striker Andy Carroll.

Capello said: "He played very well. He'll be a player who'll be important for the future of England. When he received the ball he played quickly and his movement every time was dangerous."

Capello insisted England had cleared it with Newcastle to play Carroll, who had arrived at the England training HQ with a groin injury.

"Franco (Baldini, England general manager) spoke with Newcastle before the game and we checked him before the game," said Capello.

"I spoke with him (Carroll) at the hotel, personally, and after the warm-up here. After the first half, too.

"He told me he was fit to play every time. No player has ever played with me who was not fit. Our doctor said he was fit, so the player was ready to play.

"He played 70 minutes very well, no problem."

just when we needed our captain most...

kanasai rubbish game resulted in our star midfielder out for weeks!

MANCHESTER UNITED SET TO SPEND £15M ON NEW GOALIE
    The unexpected announcement in The Times is that 'Manchester United are on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign David De Gea, the Spain Under-21 goalkeeper, from Atlético Madrid in January.'

De Gea has been generally only mentioned in passing as a potential successor to Edwin van der Sar, but The Times reckons that 'talks are at an advanced stage after several weeks of negotiations, with United expected to pay a fee in the region of £15 million for the 20-year-old. It was unclear last night whether De Gea would join United in January or see out the season at Atlético before formally completing a move to Old Trafford in the summer.'

However, there's also a suggestion that United could sign a second goalkeeper:

'Tomasz Kuszczak seems unlikely to remain at Old Trafford beyond the summer, so United could make a move for a second goalkeeper and retain a firm interest in Anders Lindegaard. The 6ft 4in Denmark player, 26, plies his trade with Aalesund in Norway and has already drawn comparisons to his compatriot, Peter Schmeichel, the former United goalkeeper.'

good news for us as that means pepe reina will remain with us.

WENDT ON LIVERPOOL RADAR
    Posted 17/11/10 15:04

Liverpool are interested in signing FC Copenhagen left-back Oscar Wendt, according to Scandinavian scout Jakob Friis-Hansen.

The 25-year-old, who has been at the Danish club since 2006, has already said he will leave when his contract expires at the end of the season.

Tottenham and Roma have previously been linked with the Sweden defender and Friis-Hansen has now revealed the Reds' interest as they hunt for a new left-back to bolster manager Roy Hodgson's resources.

"We are keeping a good eye on Oscar," Friis-Hansen told The Expressen.

"He does a great job, but he must play at a high level every week. In Denmark there are just a few high-quality games."

Friis-Hansen says FC Basel left-back Behrang Safari, another Sweden international, is also on Liverpool's radar.

JOVANOVIC FOCUSED ON LIVERPOOL
    Posted 18/11/10 13:33

Milan Jovanovic claims he does not want to be considered by Serbia until he is playing regularly at Liverpool.

The 29-year-old forward moved to Anfield as a free agent over the summer, fresh from catching the eye at the 2010 World Cup.

He has, however, struggled to make an impression in England and has quickly tumbled down the pecking order under Roy Hodgson.

Jovanovic insists he is prepared to fight for a place in the Reds side and has no plans to seek a move elsewhere just yet.

He is ruling out a return to international football any time soon, though, with it imperative that he gives his full attention to domestic duties.

Speaking after Serbia's 1-0 win over Bulgaria on Wednesday, Jovanovic told Sport: "Did I go to the airport to wish my friends good luck before the game in Sofia? No, because I didn't want to be in the spotlight for nothing. This isn't how I do things.

"I am 29 years old and I have a career which is quite good.

"But I know when I am not playing well and that is why I told my national coach (Vladimir) Petrovic that I don't want to be called up until I am playing first-team football at Liverpool.

"This is the honest thing to do and I wouldn't have it any other way."

LIVERPOOL NEWS
    Poulsen promises to prove himself at Liverpool

By ESPNsoccernet staff

November 18, 2010

Liverpool midfielder Christian Poulsen is determined to prove that the £4.5 million Roy Hodgson spent on bringing him to Anfield from Juventus was not a waste of money.

Poulsen, who has made five starts in the Premier League this season, has had a disappointing start to life at Anfield and is not currently first choice.

He feels the criticism has been stronger as a result of Liverpool's disappointing start to the season, but he feels he can turn things around.

"I knew that I was coming to a big, big club and that competition for places in the team would be very tough," he told LFC Weekly.

"There has been a lot of pressure because the start to the season hasn't been so good, but I am happy to be here. Everything is in place for me to try and get back into the team and make an impact on Liverpool's season."

He added: "When you change countries, it's very important that you settle quickly - not just you but your family as well.

"We moved into our new house recently - I have two kids and now they are enjoying school. That makes everything easier.

"I don't think the Liverpool fans have seen the true me yet. We have a new coach, new backroom staff, new players and now new owners. It has taken time for us to find ourselves as a team.

"I hope we can move further up in the table. I really want to play a big part in it."

even a KKJ team wanna humtum us at Anfield.

haiz, really dunno what to say... especially our captain injured, supposedly top striker cannot score, supposedly best keeper in the world cannot keep clean sheet, our tofu defence without a real left back, right back kena condemned by gaffer, center of the park is laoya "dunno how he has brazil passport" lucas ...

i will not watch the match this week
    i go emo in one corner

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    haiz, really dunno what to say... especially our captain injured, supposedly top striker cannot score, supposedly best keeper in the world cannot keep clean sheet, our tofu defence without a real left back, right back kena condemned by gaffer, center of the park is laoya "dunno how he has brazil passport" lucas ...

i will not watch the match this week
    i go emo in one corner
    they all c fotodavid not up..
    (he did chant we'll lose, didnt he?)

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    they all c fotodavid not up..
    (he did chant we'll lose, didnt he?)

maybe he did, maybe not enough
    we need more enthusiasm and energy

we also need bro CC and bro Rodz to wave their dirty kite and lucas undies collections

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast