Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Its the same old Liverpool again. Good against the top teams, struggle against the kkj teams...
    we r the boogey KKJ team!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

KERZHAKOV CLAIMS LIVERPOOL INTEREST
    Posted 11/11/10 11:55

Russia striker Aleksandr Kerzhakov claims Liverpool have expressed an interest in signing him.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has made striking reinforcements one of his top priorities in the January transfer window and Zenit St Petersburg star Kerzhakov is thought to be on his list of targets

Kerzhakov has enjoyed a fine season with Zenit and the 27-year-old admits he is happy to stay at the Russian club despite interest from Liverpool.

"The talk about Liverpool is not baseless," Kerzhakov told Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

"The British club came to my agent with a proposal but I did not give an answer.

"I have other things to think about and in all respects I am happy in Russia,

"My team is in first place in the national championship and I have always said that I wanted to play for Zenit.

"In the case of Liverpool I will take no initiative, but I can count the fingers on one hand for the amount of clubs I could theoretically go to.

"This is because Zenit is playing beautiful, modern football and the club is growing rapidly. And I am here, at home."

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    where is cc leiva?

Liverpool facing Madrid fight for former United star
    Liverpool set to miss out on Uruguay striker Diego Forlan
    By Mark Bollons November 11, 2010

Liverpool have been dealt a blow in the race to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan.

The Uruguayan international is expected to leave the Vicente Calderón Stadium, potentially in the January transfer window, and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson was thought to be one of the interested parties in the player.

However, Marca reports that Atletico coach Enrique Sanchez Flores is willing to let the player leave, and additional reports in the Spanish media claim that the 31-year-old has been offered to Real Madrid.

A South American star at the World Cup, Forlan has been monitored by a string of clubs following his exploits in South Africa. Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus and Liverpool were all thought to be monitoring the situation.

Forlan began his career at Independiente before moving to Manchester United for a couple of seasons in 2002. A move to Villarreal rejuvenated the striker's career, and Atletico would pay £18.25 million for the player's services in 2007.

Liverpool are reportedly in the market for a striker this January, with Reds boss Hodgson promised a transfer war chest in the region of £35 million from new owners NESV.

The former Fulham boss is thought to have targeted 'five or six' players as potential additions, and Liverpool have been linked with Mario Gomez, Aleksandr Kerzhakov and Jonathan Reis to name just three attackers as the search for a foil to Fernando Torres continues.

Forlan was thought to be at the top of the Anfield radar, and the latest La Liga developments will come as a blow to Liverpool with just over a month to the opening of the window.

Arsenal move ahead of Liverpool in race for the 'new Steven Gerrard'
    Arsenal beating Liverpool to signing of Omri Altman: reports
    By Will Haine November 11, 2010

Arsenal are supposedly winning the race to sign Israeli sensation Omri Altman.

The 17-year-old - who has been compared to Liverpool hero Steven Gerrard - initially had a trial with Liverpool after Roy Hodgson allowed his scouts to monitor the starlet in Israel.

According to reports, Hodgson's spies highlighted the youngster's attributes in a report compiled for the Liverpool boss, who was sufficiently impressed to ask Altman to come to Anfield.

Altman is an attack-minded midfielder who represents Israel under 17s and has an eye for goal; which he demonstrated by scoring a hat-trick for Maccabi Tel Aviv B two weeks ago.

His swashbuckling displays have seen several observers compare his talents to those of the Liverpool captain at the same age - something Altman confirmed when he was asked about the comparison.

He told a local Tel Aviv newspaper: "People tell me I play like Steven Gerrard with my ability to win the ball and score from long range shots."

A deal for Altman would represent a coup for new Liverpool owners NESV who want the Reds to be competing with the top clubs in Europe once again.

Hodgson commented recently that it is the vision of himself and John W. Henry that Liverpool will be competing for players with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona - and Altman would certainly fall into that bracket.

The Liverpool manager said: "We want to be attracting the players that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter are chasing. It would be nice to think that we can shop at a high level."

However - after the Daily Mail had originally reported that Arsenal were chasing Altman - tribalfootball suggests that the Gunners have emerged as the favourites for his signature.

Altman would fit with the ethos of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger regarding the development of young talents - something the Gunners have an nigh on impeccable track record of.

But, whether Altman will move to the Emirates or Anfield remains to be seen - although it is sure to be a fascinating battle between two of the Premier League's leading lights.

All the recent transfer rumours doesn't really ignite any interest from me..... Forlan maybe doing well at the Spanish league, but I doubt he can really cope with the BPL. The rest of the names are like "Who?".....

Maybe some of the young players may become world class player in the future, but given Liverpool recent history of signing promising young players who turn out to be so-so, I have my doubts.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Omri Altman -

seen his youtube vids... seriously, nothing special even if he's a 17 y.o. Shelvey is better..

Last time we had 'new zidane', now we want to sign 'new Stevie G'?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    media hype?

JIA YOU!!!!!!

Sign as we earn!!!!!! Must sign those is cheap and good!!!! But where to find??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    JIA YOU!!!!!!

Sign as we earn!!!!!! Must sign those is cheap and good!!!! But where to find??

try Etoille FC,...they just win the S League..

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    try Etoille FC,...they just win the S League..
    maybe............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post

i thought jonko was supposed to be the new stevie g?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    i thought jonko was supposed to be the new stevie g?

that's what i read too...
    I can read quite well...i dun tink i got it wrong rite? LOL..

How many new Stevie G we have??
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    How many new Stevie G we have??

dunno

i only know CC has a lot of G-strings

This rubbish newspaper finally gives us something to laff about

The Sun : Rio left feeling butt of a joke

The Friday November 12 Transfer Gossip
    Posted 12/11/10 08:38

REINA WANTS OUT OF LIVERPOOL
    Bombshell for Liverpool in the Daily Mirror:

'Pepe Reina has told Roy Hodgson he wants to leave Liverpool - possibly as early as January.'

The paper claims that Reina, a supposed target for Manchester United, Arsenal and Inter Milan, 'has made it clear to Hodgson and the Liverpool board he wants to go.'

'Hodgson has tried to persuade the keeper who has a £20 million buy-out clause in his contract to stay, but is now looking at possible replacements. Top of his list are Germany international stopper Manuel Neuer, and Ajax number one Maarten Stekelenburg, who was the Holland keeper in the World Cup final.'

But before we continue by looking at Liverpool's alternative options, let's just pause for thought. Reina. Available. In January.

As Arsenal seem to have total faith in their two Polish goalies, the club at the front of any queue will surely be ManYoo.

Oooh errr.

AND THE LIST OF PROSPECTIVE REPLACEMENTS IS...
    Ok, let's go back to the matter of who might replace Reina if he leaves.

The Daily Mirror, as you should have read above, reckons that Neuer is the number one target.

'The keeper has little more than a year left on his current contract with his German club Schalke 04, and has already interested Bayern Munich, but it is thought he would like a move abroad,' the paper adds. 'He fits the bill perfectly for Liverpool. Anfield's new owners NESV are keen subscribers to a more radical approach to recruitment, where they invest big money in key players who make a real difference.'

The Daily Telegraph is also weighing up the candidates and declares:

'Neuer, 24, the Germany international who is rated at around £12 million, seems the most natural fit because of his age and comparatively low price tag. At 28, Stekelenburg, of Ajax, does not comply with NESV's belief in buying young talent.

'For all of his undoubted quality, though, Neuer would face a considerable task in replacing Reina, who signed a six-year deal this year. The Spaniard has become one of the most influential figures in Liverpool's dressing room and is widely regarded as a future club captain.'

However, it should be noted that the paper is far from convinced that Reina will leave.

The Telegraph insists that 'New England Sports Ventures are determined to retain the Spain international and are confident they can mollify Reina by proving their ambitions match his own'.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    This rubbish newspaper finally gives us something to laff about

The Sun : Rio left feeling butt of a joke