Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    good lah sell everyone, those that nobody wants we give away. Let's start afresh from div 1

If their hearts are no longer with the club, i would rather they leave than stay but don't perform. No one is bigger than the club!

**like**

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    sell them lar. No one bigger than the club. It is the team i support not the player. Booo!!!
    **like**

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    sigh..... Shouldn't it be once bitten twice shy. Why oh why choose another american with no cash??

Anyway, players nowadays are mercenary. Don't expect them to stay on a sinking ship.
    **like**

sell them? sure we can why not.

but of cuz a club is made up of good players and a good manager and that is not happening at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    sell them? sure we can why not.

but of cuz a club is made up of good players and a good manager and that is not happening at the moment.

**like**

**like**

Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    **like**

**like**

**like**
    Must be a FB fanatic
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Must be a FB fanatic
    I think he wants to collect your undies

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Hodgson responds to Reina and Torres exit rumours

Sauce[/URL]
    a simpler thing would be to say "there is no such clause"..
    guess there's such a thing then..

but still hk liao, the arsenal model stated cannot win league for another 5yr, at least..
    muz be happy if can get mickey mouse cup..

speaking of mickey, ouchwen apparently juz told the sux he'd rather sit bench, according to ST article..

sian.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

roy hodgson looks likely to leave the club soon if this weekend's game buang.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    why r u making bro rodz ?
    u need to use one of his g's this wk?

Liverpool really need a miracle to get anything out from this season or maybe even the next few seasons.

The new owner only prevent Liverpool from going adminstration. The early signs doesn't really give much confidence that things will improve much. And we will really wait to see if things like a bigger stadium or new signing of good players really materialize, which I wouldn't be surprise if it all turn out empty again.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    got sexclusive insider info that he might get his arse kicked if LFC buang this week.

good chance we will begin rebuilding the team by selling some of the star players.

guess they also want to go.

no need defeat,a draw will be enuff to kick him out the door...

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    bro CC love RH latest collection of G's

Liverpool really need a miracle to get anything out from this season or maybe even the next few seasons.

The new owner only prevent Liverpool from going adminstration. The early signs doesn't really give much confidence that things will improve much. And we will really wait to see if things like a bigger stadium or new signing of good players really materialize, which I wouldn't be surprise if it all turn out empty again.
    the new owners need to see the situation before injecting $$$ even if i doubt there will be lots of $$$ this january coz in january,not many good players available...

good chance we will begin rebuilding the team by selling some of the star players.

guess they also want to go.
    sell Torres...hes been injury prone like owen...with 50million...get that affellay guy & a.young...both speedy...affelay is super skilful...they can supply crosses from left & right...get a targetman who can score with just a simple touch or header...

LIVERPOOL NEWS
    Hodgson: Reds prepared to spend 20m(only?!) in January

By ESPNsoccernet staff

October 29, 2010

Roy Hodgson says he intends to shop at the highest levels of the transfer market in January and has floated the idea of using funds freed up by NESV's takeover by spending 20 million on a single player.

Liverpool's ambitions in the transfer market were reined in as debt repayments began to bite under former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but the arrival of NESV at Anfield has ensured a brighter financial picture ahead of the opening of the transfer market.

With Liverpool currently languishing in the relegation zone, Hodgson has made no attempt to disguise the fact that he will attempt to strengthen his squad in January, and he appears ready to match the kind of money that predecessor Rafa Benitez spent on the likes of Alberto Aquilani, Robbie Keane and Fernando Torres.

"If we want the right quality, we have got to be prepared to pay the right price," Hodgson said. "The owners know that perfectly well. We have got to make certain that if we go out and spend 20 million, we are getting a 20 million player.

"We want to be attracting the players that Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter are chasing. It would be nice to think that we can shop at a high level.

"I'm like all managers in that I'm wary of the January transfer window. I think it can be dangerous as clubs try to correct mistakes. But, having said that, we are going to very interested in trying to improve our squad in January. There is no question about that. I am sure we will sign players."

Though Torres remains an integral member of the Liverpool squad, other big-money signings have fallen by the wayside in recent seasons. Aquilani is on loan at Juventus, Keane quickly returned to Tottenham and 11.5 million Ryan Babel often occupies a place on the bench.

The debates over Benitez's transfer activity and the strength of the squad bequeathed to Hodgson are contentious ones amongst Liverpool supporters, but the current manager certainly feels that value for money has not always been pursued in recent years at Anfield.

"I think you can pay an awful lot of money for poor players and you can pay not very much money for very good ones - it is all to do with how good your scouting and your eye is," he said.

"There are a lot of things here that the club has got to get right. We have got a lot more expensive failures on our list than good players that we have brought in for next to nothing.

"Free transfers don't necessarily mean that you have got a bargain. My experience of them has been very mixed. You need to be sure that the player you get can do the job you want from him."

MIXED NEWS ON REINA AND TORRES

As this column gave prominent billing to Thursday's claims that Pepe Reina and Fernando Torres are considering exercising an opt-out clause in their Liverpool contracts it's only reasonable that we give equally-prominent billing to The Guardian's assurance that 'the club are unperturbed at claims the clauses could be invoked in January'.

'New England Sports Ventures' 300m takeover has removed pressure to sell players and the new owners are adamant they will improve the squad, not diminish it, during their first transfer window in charge,' the newspaper adds.

And, as you might have noticed on F365, Roy Hodgson finally manned-up on Thursday and told Manchester United that Reina was not for sale.

However, The Times isn't quite so bullish on the matter.

It says the 'the Spanish pair are understood to have deep concerns about Liverpool's prospects in the short to medium term despite the recent change of ownership at Anfield.

'The players are eager to learn about the new owners' plans for the club, but it remains to be seen whether even a vast outlay in the January transfer window would be enough to satisfy them that their ambitions can be fulfilled at Anfield.'

The debates over Benitez's transfer activity and the strength of the squad bequeathed to Hodgson are contentious ones amongst Liverpool supporters, but the current manager certainly feels that value for money has not always been pursued in recent years at Anfield.

"I think you can pay an awful lot of money for poor players and you can pay not very much money for very good ones - it is all to do with how good your scouting and your eye is," he said.

"There are a lot of things here that the club has got to get right. We have got a lot more expensive failures on our list than good players that we have brought in for next to nothing.

"Free transfers don't necessarily mean that you have got a bargain. My experience of them has been very mixed. You need to be sure that the player you get can do the job you want from him."

Torres should just shut up and let his goals do the talking

MIXED NEWS ON REINA AND TORRES

As this column gave prominent billing to Thursday's claims that Pepe Reina and Fernando Torres are considering exercising an opt-out clause in their Liverpool contracts it's only reasonable that we give equally-prominent billing to The Guardian's assurance that 'the club are unperturbed at claims the clauses could be invoked in January'.

'New England Sports Ventures' 300m takeover has removed pressure to sell players and the new owners are adamant they will improve the squad, not diminish it, during their first transfer window in charge,' the newspaper adds.

And, as you might have noticed on F365, Roy Hodgson finally manned-up on Thursday and told Manchester United that Reina was not for sale.

However, The Times isn't quite so bullish on the matter.

It says the 'the Spanish pair are understood to have deep concerns about Liverpool's prospects in the short to medium term despite the recent change of ownership at Anfield.

'The players are eager to learn about the new owners' plans for the club, but it remains to be seen whether even a vast outlay in the January transfer window would be enough to satisfy them that their ambitions can be fulfilled at Anfield.'
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Its easy to talk about the past...RH current sugnings hasnt been better also...hes been signing players of fulham's standard...we shall see if hes given 20million...what kind of players he will sign...

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 31pts <-Kelong King!
    2). sunnyday --> 19pts
    3). coolsigg ---- > 11pts
    4). Canew --> 11pts!
    5). domdomino --> 10pts
    6). grumpy --> 10pts!
    7). blazer_workz --> 9pts
    8). zhapchit --> 8pts!
    9). zaren -------> 6pts (amended for the 0 goals predicted)
    10). archlover --> 4pts
    11). bro rodz ---- > 3pts (amended for the 0 goals predicted)
    12). fotoudavid --> 3pts (amended for the 0 goals predicted)
    13). taurean ----- > 2pts!
    14). obfuscate ---> 1pt!
    15). eejal ----> 1pt! (NEW ENTRY!! HUAT HUAT HUAT!!!)
    16). shunzi ---> 1pt! (NEW ENTRY!! HUAT HUAT HUAT!!!)

League of HAT-TRICK HEROES <--- KELONG!!!

1). FC Utrecht 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake
    30/9/2010 Stadion Galgenwaard

2). Napoli 0. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 --> cheesecake & sunnyday
    21/10/2010 San Paolo, Italy

EPL
    31/10/2010, Sunday, 1600GMT

bolton wanderers vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
    reebok stadium

1). 2-0 LFC WINS!!! (Torres, Torres) CC --> Super Confident!
    2). 3-0 LFC WINS!!! (Torres, Gerrard) zhapchit
    3). 2-0 LFC WINS!!! (Torres, Cole ) domdomino
    4). 2-0 LFC WINS!!! (Cole, Cole) blazer_workz
    5). 5-0 LFC WINS!!! (Torres, Torres) kelccm
    6). 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday
    7). 2-1 Liverpool wins! (S. Gerrard, F. Torres) Canew
    8). 2-2 draw...(Torres,SG) roDz
    9). 2-0 LFC WINS!!! (Torres, Torres) archlover
    10) 0-0 draw! zaren[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Torres should just shut up and let his goals do the talking
    torres has become very naggy and full of complaints, like a singapore aunty.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast