Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *50* - new owner, new start!! Ynwa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Oh shucks!! Another American with no money. All that bullshit about getting value for money is another way of saying that he don't have the money to spare, or he is just concern with making profits.
    i think i m starting to find them all very disgusting!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Oh shucks!! Another American with no money. All that bullshit about getting value for money is another way of saying that he don't have the money to spare, or he is just concern with making profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i think i m starting to find them all very disgusting!!!

I think we should give them time and chance.

At the end of the day, we do not want to be held ransom by crazy transfer fees and players salary *turn around and laff at manUre*
    I seriously think all those fat wages paid to players is killing the clubs.

It might turn out well in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I think we should give them time and chance.

At the end of the day, we do not want to be held ransom by crazy transfer fees and players salary *turn around and laff at manUre*
    I seriously think all those fat wages paid to players is killing the clubs.

It might turn out well in the long run.
    We have to see. Long run can be very long.... This club is running out of time to go back to its former glory. We need an immediate injection to help cure currennt ills 1st before we can start talking about building for the future.

And we also need a coach with has a good eye for future talent. Not everyone can be like Wenger.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

We have to see. Long run can be very long.... This club is running out of time to go back to its former glory. We need an immediate injection to help cure currennt ills 1st before we can start talking about building for the future.

And we also need a coach with has a good eye for future talent. Not everyone can be like Wenger.

RH needs to get the team to get string of good results to get us as high up the table before the Jan window. then can talk about injecting cash and new players. With the current situation, even if got money, which player can we attract?

Current ill? Play too negative & players no confidence. And we are not functioning properly as a team. Man for man (except for laoya lucas), I dont think our players are that far off the rest. Our biggest problem is players are played out of their best positions and our bench is quite weak.

Yes, we need to spend to get a few players in several departments but more important is to get the right players. Spending big is not the solution.

The whole transfer market had been overinflated by the few mega rich clubs, namely Man C, Chel$ki, Real Madrid and Barca, and even Manu. It is getting harder to get quality player without paying all the inflated prices.

The whole transfer market had been overinflated by the few mega rich clubs, namely Man C, Chel$ki, Real Madrid and Barca, and even Manu. It is getting harder to get quality player without paying all the inflated prices.

paying inflated price does not equal getting quality players
    i still have painful memories of aqualanlan and rubbish keane

Thats why it is overinflated. Even kuku players also cost a lot.

Thats why it is overinflated. Even kuku players also cost a lot.

but, but, but.... how come no one pay inflated price for our kkj players?????

WHY?!?!?!

but, but, but.... how come no one pay inflated price for our kkj players?????

WHY?!?!?!
    We are Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    We are Roberts
    you laugh? i cry

you laugh? i cry
    cry until no more tears liao. Can only laugh now, going mad already

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    cry until no more tears liao. Can only laugh now, going mad already

all thanks to the brokeback cowboys and rafa bendhisass

sExclusive: Torres and Reina ready to use secret escape clauses to quit Liverpool in January

Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina are ready to quit Liverpool in January thanks to secret escape clauses in their contracts.

The Spain internationals made the get-out agreements with their Anfield bosses in the summer when they were persuaded to stay despite the departure of Spanish boss Rafa Benitez.

Now Torres and Reina, key to Roy Hodgson’s attempts to steer the club away from the relegation zone, want out after promises of major team investment went unfulfilled.

Mirror Sport understands the pair will tell the club in December they wish to leave, with Manchester City keen on £50 million Torres and Manchester United and Arsenal pursuing £20m Reina.

The double whammy will devastate Liverpool fans who hoped John W Henry’s purchase of the club would bring the glory days back to Anfield.

Instead, the American has made it clear there will be no major spending in January, and with many players unhappy with the direction the club is taking under Hodgson, Torres and Reina are ready to make a move.

Torres was talked into staying in the summer when a three man delegation flew to Madrid for secret talks with with the striker’s representatives on July 14 - three days after the World Cup Final.

It is understood Torres lawyer Margarita Pilar Garay-Bret and Jose Antonio Martin were present at the meeting.

One member of the delegation remained in Madrid to speak directly with Torres before returning to Liverpool confident the Spaniard would stay.

Torres and Spanish teammate Reina - a powerful voice in the dressing room - were both poised to quit Liverpool at the time with Chelsea having tabled a £50 million bid for Torres while Arsenal had offered £20 million for Reina.

Both were upset at the lack of investment, the club’s failure to secure Champions League status and the grim reality of their Premiership title hopes.

Torres was eventually persuaded to remain at Liverpool after three days of talks - during which the delegation described in detail plans laid out specifically by Christian Purslow, the club’s chief executive who quit last week following the sale of the club.

Torres was told the new owners - that were not identified to him - were in place and ‘days’ away from completing the Liverpool takeover.

It is claimed he was told Roy Hodgson’s appointment was a temporary measure and a big name manager was already lined up - armed with a £100 million transfer kitty offered as a ‘quick fix’ to drag the club back on terms with Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.

It is understood Liverpool planned to spend £50 million in the summer with a further £50 million available in January for targets no longer chasing Champions League ambitions.

Torres and Reina reluctantly agreed to stay at Anfield - but only on condition they each had an escape clause written into their contracts.

Mirror Sport can reveal the pair are now furious at the subsequent takeover - not directly with new American owner John W Henry or New England Sports Venture - but with the management team they feel misled them over the club’s future.

Hodgson has been told there will be no marquee signings in the January transfer window leaving Torres and Reina feeling they have wasted a season.

Insiders at Anfield fear that without Champions League qualification the club will struggle to make a profit - but crucially then have nothing to offer potential big name signings.

Mirror Sport revealed on Tuesday that Reina has been targeted by Sir Alex Ferguson for a sensational switch to Manchester United - and that now could happen in January.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will resume his quest to sign the keeper and the immediate lure of Champions League football will prove a massive draw for the World Cup winner.

Torres will have his pick of clubs - even though the ‘big’ clubs very rarely make marquee signings in January because most major players are cup tied - thanks to Liverpool’s failure to qualify for this season’s Champions League.

Representatives of Torres and Reina did not respond to attempts to contact them yesterday.

sexclusive secret rojak sauce

KNN!!!! takeover liao oso never throw money in to strengthen the squad!!!

n@b*h!!!!!!

now we really gotta start all over again!!!

no torres, ok. nvm. we less potent in front of goal.

no reina?! siao liao. where to get another world class GK?!

TORRES AND REINA TO QUIT LIVERPOOL IN JANUARY
    Ready for the morning's second bombshell?

Splendid.

Well, here it is. According to the back page of The Daily Mirror:

'Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina are ready to quit Liverpool in January thanks to secret escape clauses in their contracts.

'The Spain internationals made the get-out agreements with their Anfield bosses in the summer when they were persuaded to stay despite the departure of Spanish boss Rafa Benitez. Now Torres and Reina, key to Roy Hodgson's attempts to steer the club away from the relegation zone, want out after promises of major team investment went unfulfilled.'

It goes without saying, but we'll say it anyhow, that Torres would be of particular interest to Manchester City and Chelsea while Reina has most recently been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal.

The Mirror also declares that Torres and Reina have lost faith with Liverpool after the assurances they were reputedly given in the summer weren't delivered. Pool fans should look away now.

Claiming to be in the know about a meeting that took place in mid-July between Torres, his representatives and the Liverpool hierarchy, the Mirror announces:

'Torres was told the new owners - that were not identified to him - were in place and 'days' away from completing the Liverpool takeover.

'It is claimed he was told Roy Hodgson's appointment was a temporary measure and a big name manager was already lined up - armed with a £100 million transfer kitty offered as a 'quick fix' to drag the club back on terms with Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.

'It is understood Liverpool planned to spend £50 million in the summer with a further £50 million available in January for targets no longer chasing Champions League ambitions. Torres and Reina reluctantly agreed to stay at Anfield - but only on condition they each had an escape clause written into their contracts.

'Mirror Sport can reveal the pair are now furious at the subsequent takeover - not directly with new American owner John W Henry or New England Sports Venture - but with the management team they feel misled them over the club's future'.

Ouch.

chocolate fondue fountain

go lah, go lah

i suspect they conspire from the beginning of the season
    one cannot score and the other keep letting in goals

good lah sell everyone, those that nobody wants we give away. Let's start afresh from Div 1

If their hearts are no longer with the club, I would rather they leave than stay but don't perform. No one is bigger than the club!

Sell them lar. No one bigger than the club. It is the team i support not the player. Booo!!!

Sigh..... Shouldn't it be once bitten twice shy. Why oh why choose another American with no cash??

Anyway, players nowadays are mercenary. Don't expect them to stay on a sinking ship.

Hodgson responds to Reina and Torres exit rumours
    28 October 2010

Roy Hodgson says he has no intentions of selling Pepe Reina or Fernando Torres during the January transfer window.

Both players have been linked with possible exits but the Liverpool manager insists neither player is for sale.

The boss said: "It ('United want Pepe') was just one of those stories that seems to occur – it's just disappointing and annoying. Pepe is fantastic here, he is a lifeblood of this team.

"Everything he does around the club is excellent – he is always lively in the dressing room, he is always first class in training and he always wants to do more to improve.

"He demands better from those around him, he is always pushing people on. He is a player who we hold in the highest esteem.

"We have heard nothing from Manchester United and, more to the point, we don't want to hear anything from Manchester United.

"If Ferguson is looking around at the end of the season and he has got lots of money to replace van der Sar, he might very well want Pepe Reina because he is the best around.

"But we do not want to sell him. I would like to think that we are going to become a successful club once again and Pepe is crucial to that.

"We want to promise the players we have got here that we are going to be up there fighting once again and we are absolutely not looking to sell any of our better players.

"But, equally, I would also be disappointed if teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and all the teams with money were not looking at our players."

On Torres, he added: "If I was Fernando Torres, I would expect every top club in Europe to be chasing me. That's good as it means he's doing his job.

"But we don't need the money and we don't want to sell."

Sauce

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast