Thread: Stolen

Default Stolen

HELP!!!!!!

If anyone should see or hear about a Kata 3N1-22 Black Camera Bag (black) for sale or a Steinzeiser Wide angle/Macro conversion lens for sale please let me know. My bag was stolen yesterday around 3:30 at the SG Zoo lion den viewing station while I was photographing the furry residents.

I had hoped it would turn up at the Customer Service counter as 'found' but so far no luck.

At least they did not get the camera and thankfully I had held off on buying the Nikon F4 200 micro or I would have lost a lot more.

Thanks in advance

Douglas Krueger

Default Re: Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by DiggrDuggr View Post
    HELP!!!!!!

If anyone should see or hear about a Kata 3N1-22 Black Camera Bag (black) for sale or a Steinzeiser Wide angle/Macro conversion lens for sale please let me know. My bag was stolen yesterday around 3:30 at the SG Zoo lion den viewing station while I was photographing the furry residents.

I had hoped it would turn up at the Customer Service counter as 'found' but so far no luck.

At least they did not get the camera and thankfully I had held off on buying the Nikon F4 200 micro or I would have lost a lot more.

Thanks in advance

Douglas Krueger
    We can help you to be on the lookout for those items if it does surface at clubSNAP. Realistically speaking...the probability of recovering it is almost nil.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    We can help you to be on the lookout for those items if it does surface at clubSNAP. Realistically speaking...the probability of recovering it is almost nil.

Sadly.... I would have to agree.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Blog Entries

If you have identifying marks or serial number to the conversion lens, you can at least prove that those things are yours.

If not, even if you catch the person, you have no proof.

same here, though chances of recovering is almost nil, will pm you if I spot it in here or other local forum.

Yup, because the items are common items. Its akin to losing your hp and wanting to find it after posting on the forums.

Anyway thank god you didnt lose any camera gear.

Agree that the odds are against me but then again stranger things have happened in my life, doing nothing is not in my nature.

As they say, nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Appreciate your help
    Last edited by DiggrDuggr; 24th October 2010 at 11:43 AM.

I am sorry for your experience. If you are a tourist I am even more sorry to hear about this bad experience in our country.

Those thieving *******s. May they suffer the karma of their greed and crimes.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Good luck finding your stuff. It's a bad feeling- once my school bag was stolen in school (I was in secondary school at that time)- even with CCTV footage, I couldn't get all my stuff back...

You might want to start saving up to replace the items lost.
    Olympian

Hi TS. I haven't been to the sg zoo for ages. However, I do think that there might CCTV monitoring the area. Have you try contacting the zoo security if they might have captured image of the thief? At least, your camera is with you. Your Steinzeiser Wide angle/Macro conversion lens any more detail description. What we can do is just keep our eyes open in the bns.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Hi TS. I haven't been to the sg zoo for ages. However, I do think that there might CCTV monitoring the area. Have you try contacting the zoo security if they might have captured image of the thief? At least, your camera is with you. Your Steinzeiser Wide angle/Macro conversion lens any more detail description. What we can do is just keep our eyes open in the bns.
    good point. they should be concerned if this issue is serial.

Steinzeiser... If anything, that cheap rubbish is what a thief deserves! Good decoy from the real valuable stuff.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Steinzeiser... If anything, that cheap rubbish is what a thief deserves! Good decoy from the real valuable stuff.
    lol agreed..

that's why i always carry my stuff or if need be inbetween my legs, lucky there wasn't any other lenses inside.

good luck, this might be a good excuse to get new gear .

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    no wonder the tripod that came with my a550 so weak! its from steinzeiser
    Alpha

sorry to hear of your loss. will also help keep a lookout. just curious if you managed to ask SG Zoo to view footage of their CCTV in and around the lions den? might help to catch the perpetrator or better yet, alert Zoo staff to this fella so no further stunts are pulled on unsuspecting tourists. if you have a clear CCTV footage, police will definitely be able to help. also proves that you own the bag and it's items. good luck!

*edit* - just saw coolthought's post. same thoguhts!
    Last edited by fibredrive; 27th October 2010 at 08:49 AM.

Well, low crime rate doesn't mean NO crime at all.

When we go for holidays in some other crowded cities, we got to be extra careful with our pockets. Got to be always very alert with our belongings.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......