Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CommunicAsia2004, 15-18 June, Expo

Anyone been to the communiasia 2004? How is it? I m going tomorrow to shoot babes.
    Is there any babes to shoot?
    Is photography allowed?

shoot the Juniper Networks babe!

Photography is not allowed for visitors.

No photography is allowed.

But who cares, esp if your camera is big/pro enough (there is Broadcast Asia). Anyway, pretty standard models. That Crossbiz don't know what company has got some nice and tall models though.

Hi those intending to bring cameras in. Do becareful as today a few cameras (one JVC video camera from my booth) and other electronic items on exhibitions were stolen and the police and other security staffs were checking everyone's bag when they exit (including exhibitors). My bag was checked too and since I had an exhibitor's badge, they didn't say anything. Saw one of the police pointing to a sign to one of the visitors about not able to bring cameras.

So those intending to bring cameras in, do NOT bring it inside a camera bag, I have seen a few who were asked to leave their cameras at the baggage counter and had to pay $8 for it.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

Hmmm...... veli funny i went there wif my D70 n take quite alot of pics n on the same time oso saw quite a few photographer guys taking pics too.. y said cant bring in..??? i went at second day .. isit the rule had been changed after tat?? ?? ( still need to pay for $8?? )

Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Hmmm...... veli funny i went there wif my D70 n take quite alot of pics n on the same time oso saw quite a few photographer guys taking pics too.. y said cant bring in..??? i went at second day .. isit the rule had been changed after tat?? ?? ( still need to pay for $8?? )
    did u check if they were carrying press pass or visitor pass?

Anyway on the first day, there were all kinds of camera from DSLR to handphone cameras...i have not seen anyone being stopped by the guards

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    did u check if they were carrying press pass or visitor pass?

Anyway on the first day, there were all kinds of camera from DSLR to handphone cameras...i have not seen anyone being stopped by the guards
    They all carry visitor pass as wat i saw.. i oso carry visitor pass somemore

Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    They all carry visitor pass as wat i saw.. i oso carry visitor pass somemore
    Since there are big sign board outside every entrance saying that no photography allowed, probably they never reinforce it on the first two days. I went there on first day and everyone were shooting freely

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    Since there are big sign board outside every entrance saying that no photography allowed, probably they never reinforce it on the first two days. I went there on first day and everyone were shooting freely
    Maybe u are right.. so sad tot to take last best shot at last day.. i think forget abt it seen everyone saying so restrictive

Was there yesterday, everyone still shooting away. There were checks at entrance, but looks like it did not stop anyone.

Wai

Oh, ya, I think I remember who you are, the one with a bit of sideburn, tall guy, right? With an unfriendly face. Wanted to talk, but you seems not too friendly.

To confirm, you're not the one with 2 canons right? One with a short tele and one with a long tele?

Yes, I blinded a couple of photographers with my flash. haha.

And I'm the only one with a "small gun" haha.

Quote Originally Posted by hori
    Wai

Yes, I blinded a couple of photographers with my flash. haha.

And I'm the only one with a "small gun" haha.
    me looks unfriendly meh? may be becos i didn't sleep the nite before (so that i can take the first bus and reach expo by 8.30), that's y i dun really want to talk

hmm...i think u look unfriendly too especially after blinded by your flash...next time if u want to bounce your flash left or right, remember to check clear first

Haha, Roger that, Wai.

I look friendly la, talk to Chwee from MITA leh.

Hi,

Anyways, my comments here was based on what I saw and not what I judge. And yes, I did see many photographers on the communication side and I guess the entrance at that area was not that strict. But the entrance on the broadcast side was what I saw and did see a few people being stopped. Anyways, was just trying to alert just not to disappoint anyone trying too hard and not being able to bring their stuffs in. And yes, especially on the last day, there were a lot of photographers with cameras around.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

I must say the security for this event is pretty lax, as the number of visitors is pretty low compared to Food and Hotel Asia 2004 held 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hori
    Haha, Roger that, Wai.

I look friendly la, talk to Chwee from MITA leh.

Noticed that you were inside some of my shots, u want to keep them?

sure thing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123