Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: CommunicAsia2004, 15-18 June, Expo

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default CommunicAsia2004, 15-18 June, Expo

    Might have some opportunities for shooting showgirls. Just bring along your business cards.

    http://www.communicasia.com/

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    711

    Default

    I doubt they would have showgirls. Blame it on the term "professionalism", not professional enough if they were to be present. Mainly a conference thingy too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    I did encounter some two or three years ago when I went. not too sure about last year though.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    I did encounter some two or three years ago when I went. not too sure about last year though.
    If you go, I go

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    The good news is, there will be models around as promoters.
    The bad news is, the registration is closed already.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc17479
    I doubt they would have showgirls. Blame it on the term "professionalism", not professional enough if they were to be present. Mainly a conference thingy too.
    I disagree with that. How does having showgirls around be unprofessional? There are professional showgirls around you know. And it's proven, they can present products to audiences much better than the technical dudes. If you don't know how to capture your target audience's attention and put your information forward to them in the most acceptable and attractive way, I would not really count you as professional, would it?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I disagree with that. How does having showgirls around be unprofessional? There are professional showgirls around you know. And it's proven, they can present products to audiences much better than the technical dudes. If you don't know how to capture your target audience's attention and put your information forward to them in the most acceptable and attractive way, I would not really count you as professional, would it?
    Arrggghhh!!! Sounds like the Business and Management Exam i just had just now! grrr.... haha!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    The good news is, there will be models around as promoters.
    The bad news is, the registration is closed already.
    nah.. pre-registration is over, but they will have registration booths outside the halls, just join in the super LONGGGGG queue.

    last year's Communicasia was cancelled due to SARS.

    And there will be some girls/models there, usually promoting mobile phones IIRC.

  9. #9

    Default

    There are definitely gg to be "showgirls"... whether they are professional models I don't noe, but they were chosen for attractiveness *lol* I'd bet on the phones...

    I should be at communicasia too... but i'll be working.


    not as a showgirl

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    show girls?

    last last year i went got some cute babes showing docomo phones and other j phones.

    but dunno if can bring in camera???

    i saw the No Photography Allowed signboard leh.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    show girls?

    last last year i went got some cute babes showing docomo phones and other j phones.

    but dunno if can bring in camera???

    i saw the No Photography Allowed signboard leh.
    This is a high-tech/ IT/pc/mobile/internet/wireless - related exhibition showcasing the latest. Whoever put up that signboard got to have his cow-brain recycled coz which gadgets nowadays have no camera involved and many would want to try out the latest images live! Tear out the signboard and let us all get in and try out our latest gadgets (including our DSLR)... hahaha.
    On a serious note, this show is quite international and the ppl involved are big names (no budget) and the models are usually VERY ok type (those image-thingy). So boys, prepare your gears!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    This is a high-tech/ IT/pc/mobile/internet/wireless - related exhibition showcasing the latest. Whoever put up that signboard got to have his cow-brain recycled coz which gadgets nowadays have no camera involved and many would want to try out the latest images live! Tear out the signboard and let us all get in and try out our latest gadgets (including our DSLR)... hahaha.
    On a serious note, this show is quite international and the ppl involved are big names (no budget) and the models are usually VERY ok type (those image-thingy). So boys, prepare your gears!
    It is also a trade-show where people discuss real business deals. It's a showcase for industry people, not the public.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    There're people who brought cameras in when I was there a few years ago. Yar... now I remember. There're professional showgirls (think they are Japanese?) who are showing off and explaining the features of cute phones from Japan.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    If you go, I go
    go go go! I may not be able to make it.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    It is also a trade-show where people discuss real business deals. It's a showcase for industry people, not the public.
    Real business === business + "pleasure"

    Industry ppl === include any potential ones in the public (including students, unrelated businessmen, those unemployed looking to a change in industry, or anyone interested to visit, etc). As such, in this modern businessworld, everyone in the public is a potential industry ppl (except of course certain groups). That's why wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Real business === business + "pleasure"

    Industry ppl === include any potential ones in the public (including students, unrelated businessmen, those unemployed looking to a change in industry, or anyone interested to visit, etc). As such, in this modern businessworld, everyone in the public is a potential industry ppl (except of course certain groups). That's why wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone.
    Sadly, that sounds like the way it should be but it isn't. It defies economic sense for companies to pursue ALL possibilities instead of concentrating on tangible business deals. And there are opportunities when it is required to publicize to the public. Wise companies shld include publicity and courtesy for anyone, wiser companies should know when it is the right time to do so.

    And wise people should know what to do if they are really interested, ie: get a trade pass.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    481

    Default

    The ticket to enter is pretty expensive. I will be attending as a press reporter and photographer, so it's free for me. And I don't need to seek permission to take pictures.

    The products on display are for companies rather than individuals who are not in the industry. Technically it is a trade show, and not like the recent Food and Hotel Asia where you can still sample the food, wine, beer, etc. This time, you can not taste the equipment.
    Last edited by hori; 11th June 2004 at 12:52 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    I can gain entry becos my co is org the fair

    As for the pretty girls there, I have no prob taking pic of them

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    I can gain entry becos my co is org the fair

    As for the pretty girls there, I have no prob taking pic of them
    And I am the speaker, so also no problem taking pics of you.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    And I am the speaker, so also no problem taking pics of you.

    ons lah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •