Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

  1. #1

    Default Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !



    Hello everyone, just got my New Sony NEX 5 dual lens !

    Anyway to improve my photography skills ?

    Many thanks in advance !

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    go out and shoot more and your skills will improve..
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    got a feeling this is a hao lian thread

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by LEXONG View Post

    Hello everyone, just got my New Sony NEX 5 dual lens !

    Anyway to improve my photography skills ?

    Many thanks in advance !
    First thing you need to do is to get rid of that free tripod and get a good stable one.

    Next steps is to read more online, join some outings, shoot more and share more.

    Good start here:

    Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

    Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips
    http://www.digital-photography-schoo...ps-illustrated

    More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

  5. #5
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by LEXONG View Post


    Hello everyone, just got my New Sony NEX 5 dual lens !

    Anyway to improve my photography skills ?

    Many thanks in advance !
    Wah!!! So chioh!!! I'm still using the 0.8 MPix Mavica.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by LEXONG View Post


    Hello everyone, just got my New Sony NEX 5 dual lens !

    Anyway to improve my photography skills ?

    Many thanks in advance !
    Welcome to CS Not bad, but tripod looks kinda flimsy though, might work with a NEX-5 i guess

  7. #7

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Welcome to CS ^^

    Enjoy your stay here.. hehe..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  8. #8

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    go out and shoot more and your skills will improve..
    Thanks for your advice !

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeback4 View Post
    got a feeling this is a hao lian thread


    Sorry for giving you the hao lian feeling.

    My first forum thread is in hardwarezone Seiko Watch Club Forum, we always GPGT one.

    This is my second web forum.

    So the habit of taking pictures of all your watches or equipments.



    Hao Lian Pic !!

    No hard feeling though.

    Cheers !!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    First thing you need to do is to get rid of that free tripod and get a good stable one.

    Next steps is to read more online, join some outings, shoot more and share more.

    Good start here:

    Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

    Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips
    http://www.digital-photography-schoo...ps-illustrated

    More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
    Many thanks to you !!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Welcome to CS Not bad, but tripod looks kinda flimsy though, might work with a NEX-5 i guess
    The free tripod from Sony Gallery is quite flimsy and will scratch the base of the camera !

    How much can i sell the tripod for by the way ?

    Thanks.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Welcome to CS ^^

    Enjoy your stay here.. hehe..
    Thanks thanks !

  13. #13

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by LEXONG View Post
    The free tripod from Sony Gallery is quite flimsy and will scratch the base of the camera !

    How much can i sell the tripod for by the way ?

    Thanks.
    Usually see them going for $30 or lower but not sure if anyone will offer a bid though

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Wah!!! So chioh!!! I'm still using the 0.8 MPix Mavica.
    Save some camera funds every month, then can upgrade in a while.

    I been saving since the launch of it ....

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Can join other forumer for outing & learn from them, try
    Sony/Konica-Minolta
    or ********* user forum at
    http://s11.zetaboards.com/Alphamount...e/forum/20785/
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  16. #16

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Welcome!

    I just bought NEX3.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Usually see them going for $30 or lower but not sure if anyone will offer a bid though
    I think i will sell for 20 bucks then ....

  18. #18

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Can join other forumer for outing & learn from them, try
    Sony/Konica-Minolta
    or ********* user forum at
    http://s11.zetaboards.com/Alphamount...e/forum/20785/
    Ok, will do, sound so exciting !

  19. #19

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Welcome!

    I just bought NEX3.
    Congrats !

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sony NEX 5 Newbie Reporting !

    Welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •