Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever encountered strange observations

Default Re: Have you ever encountered strange observations

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If only I had.
    use laptop with webcam, and record the whole thing to hard disk?

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    whether I am wrong or not only you know it in your own heart. Your so called studies.... no comments....
    These are 2 different issues. Whether an animal is good or bad, or whether an animal have the capability or tendency to do certain things.

I know very well, how they're related, and how they differ.

An animal having a certain capability doesn't automatically label it as "bad" or good, or whatever. If you understand this aspect, then, there should be no issue with the purpose of this study.

Furthermore, any talk about whether an animal is good not is really closed.

But whether my observations are credible or not is still a mystery, I guess, at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    use laptop with webcam, and record the whole thing to hard disk?
    That was many years back at a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Just doing some surveys..

Say, on the night before, everything is in order. but morning wake up, found that some things in the kitchens are misplaced, or the following

1. Dustbin overturned or it's contents spilled outside for no apparent reason.

2. Food on the table disappeared or misplaced.

3. Strange sounds from the kitchen in the middle of the night.

4. Objects shifted positions.

5. Others

Please provide a factual a/c if any.

Please refrain from OT or unrelated comments. Thanks.
    Hi Limsgp,

Wow, you're still at it?

Your post sounds uncannily related to the ones you participated the last time, one of which was shut down by the mod.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782192

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783185

This was what you wrote in one of your posts:

"Maybe you never kena before a cat entering your house and mess up the place, but a lot of pple sure does. Can you imagine the frustrations of waking up in the morning and the place is in a mess with overturned dustbins and such? Or have to close the windows at night and endure the stuffiness in order to keep out irritating cats. Or walking to the toilet in the middle of the night and getting a serious fright when an object dash across the room and out of the window? or making strange sounds in the kitchen searching for food in the middle of the night?

Cats are capable of all these MORE than dogs does. In Singapore context, high rise HDB flats. In what way is these not objective comment?

Also, I mentioned that cats are a greater nuisance, because they can potentially gain access into each and every unit in a high rise HDB flat via the windows. Dogs.. maybe only ground floor units, if any."

Are you suspecting now that those things your experienced might not have been from cats, but something else? I thought from your above post you had already confirmed they were done by cats.

Personally, I can say rats are capable of doing those things also. Sorry to say this, but like some others, I humbly disagree with what you wrote on the previous posts. It still beats me how a cat could get into your flat that way. It is definitely not something commonly reported (I haven't heard of any such case from people living in HDB flats, to be honest.)

It perhaps made more sense if you lived in a landed property and left your doors and windows wide open, with food placed in full view of any hungry animal, not necessarily a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

Personally, I can say rats are capable of doing those things also. Sorry to say this, but like some others, I humbly disagree with what you wrote on the previous posts. It still beats me how a cat could get into your flat that way. It is definitely not something commonly reported (I haven't heard of any such case from people living in HDB flats, to be honest.)

It perhaps made more sense if you lived in a landed property and left your doors and windows wide open, with food placed in full view of any hungry animal, not necessarily a cat.
    Thanks for your straight and honest feedback. I appreciate it.

After reading all the comments and posts, I came to realised that it may not be a common occurrence after all? Hence, it is difficult for someone to believe.

But, I believe it is a cat. Why?

Because I saw it.

The first encounter, I guess, it is dark, in the middle of the night. An object suddenly appear out of nowhere, running across the living room, darted out of the window. Can you imagine what a shock it created? Since then, the kitchen lights are alway turned on. And so, for subsequent occasions, it is clearly visible from the kitchen light that the object is a Cat.

The overturning of dustbin and mess is quite frequent. So I always cover the food etc.. But the sighting is not so frequent. You'll have to wake up in the middle of the night and happen to walk past when they're stealing food, then got encounter.

Later on, we had to resort to close the window to prevent similar incidents.

I stayed on the 7th storey when the cats were a nuisance.

Hence, I stood by what I presented as facts, that cats are capable of those.

Nothing good or bad or whatever judgement comments.. just factual comment. "cats are capable of those".

maybe that cat that went into your kitchen was from one of your neighbours. I find it hard to believe that a stray cat from the ground floor will be able to go up 7 floors of staircase and find a way to climb into you windows, as the ground floor cat prob wun even know your house has food.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Dear All,

Hate to break the fun.

I will close this thread to avoid it degenerating into war thread.

I know that internet forum has given everyone a "voice" to air their opinions. Everyone and anyone can be behind a keyboard to give their 2 cents worth of comments. However, please observe internet ethnics and also the Clubsnap Rules and Regulations.

Please kindly take some time to cool down, go out and enjoy your weekend (despite the haze).

And lastly, don't start another thread of similar nature.

Thank you.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123