Thread: Tech Query: Licensing for programs

Default Tech Query: Licensing for programs

I have photoshop and microsoft products installed in my laptop, but the hard disk died. Getting a new hard disk, you would need to re-install these licensed programs.

How is it possible to 'unregister' when the data was previously on the bad hard disk? Since the original disk, doesnt' allow new installation unless registering, and they detect registration as being 'used' by another computer.

Other than buying another license...cant afford that method..struggling photographer.

Any advice?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: Tech Query: Licensing for programs

should try to call or email both photoshop and microsoft support team.. i think this is common problem..

This stuff is very common. Usually calling them will get this cleared up.

If it is just a HDD change, then it is still legal to reinstall them. Based on the assumption the licenses are OEM.

Normally MS products for consumers are OEM. It is fine. If you encounter problems activating the product, give MS a call.

PS I believe is retail pack. Meaning as long you only have 1 installed license per software, then you are fine.

Thanks all for advice. Yes, i have the installation discs. The only grouse is the need to reinstall them on the replacement harddisk of the laptop. As the registered data is on the spoilt hdd. Sigh...

Didn't know MS and Adobe had a local hotline to call.
    One-North Explorers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Thanks all for advice. Yes, i have the installation discs. The only grouse is the need to reinstall them on the replacement harddisk of the laptop. As the registered data is on the spoilt hdd. Sigh...

Didn't know MS and Adobe had a local hotline to call.
    i thought they based it on your erm. OS? like when registered, it is under your computer name or something. so if ur using the same registed OS via reinstalling and reformattingm, shldnt be a problem

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

erm im a home user, i tried it before for my wife's laptop. It doesnt work, need to undo the registration before the discs allow me to install anything.

Now it's my own laptop...so ms words and photoshop are quite crucial for me...so yah...
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    erm im a home user, i tried it before for my wife's laptop. It doesnt work, need to undo the registration before the discs allow me to install anything.

Now it's my own laptop...so ms words and photoshop are quite crucial for me...so yah...
    For photoshop, you can call them and have them de-activate the one on the dead hard drive. (Usually they allow you to activate it on 2 different machines, i.e. desktop and notebook) I called them up for a similar issue with Adobe Reader.

For MS products if you have problems activating, you can call them for a new activation codes.