Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Professional Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles112
    You guys were right, it was my shutter I had the god dam light sensitivity up to 1600 which didnt help one bit. Now that's all fixed I'm messing around with colour temperatures and contrast. I only have a black bed sheet as my background at the moment, and one annoying brother for a subject. But I think I'm getting the hang of it. I think 600w, 300w and 150w is a little too much for my tiny little room, so I might face the bigger flash backwards and bounce it off a white sheet or something to give a nice fill light. now I just need a bigger room for my photography :P. My dad is hating me as I've taken up his whole bar room with my cords and flashes. I have now set the shutter speed to 125 and 180/sec so it's giving a nice even spread of image now. I'm still experimenting with the very limited light diffusing tools I have (two 60cmx60cm softboxes, 2 standard reflectors + diffuser and a set of 3 honeycomb reflectors). Thanks for all the advice guys, you have given me a wealth of knowledge compared to what I knew a few hours ago. As things progress, I'll update you all and show you some basic pics i will have taken. Thanks again.
    Hey tangles! Have fun with your new set up!

Brisbane, Australia

Hey guys, just thought I'd update you on my progress. I'm starting to figure out how to use the flashes. I'm reading up on as many lessons as possible on the web, and waiting for my flash meter and flash book to come in the mail. But I took this just before, with a plain black bed sheet as the background and trying to work the 3 flashes at once. I know it's not amazing, but it's a start. I didn't know arpeture (or however you spell it) could have so much impact on the amount of light taken in my the camera in a studio. This was taken at 125/sec @ f16.

Thanks again for all your help, and comments and advice are always appreciated .

New Pic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12