Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C770: Pros and Cons

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Another good thing about using AA batteries is that I can be assured that I can still get batteries even after 10 years! (Provided the camera lasts that long!)

Cheers,
    David
    10 years? I don't think so. Kids (aka em-that-need-to-keep-up-with-the-Joneses) change their cameras every year. Methinks the "in the future I can still get batteries for this" argument holds little water these days with consumer and SLR digicams.

What I like about cameras that take AAs is that if I don't want the hassle of recharging on the road, I can pop in single use Li-Ion AAs and be done with it. Other wise, I am partial to rechargeable, proprietary Li-Ions these days.

10 year could be very long. However, I still using my Palm 3xe on 2 pcs of AAA batteries coming to the 4th year sometime next month.

One point to note which ever kind of batteries (Li io, MN, Polymer) we used in hand phone or d cam they could only last for may 2~3 year (I guess, typically) there after batteries either get very short cycle of usage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12