Thread: The Cats thread

Default The Cats thread

Regarding the thread on cats, I just want to clarify that it is not a camera A vs Camera B case, or whether cats should or should not be banned.

The point is, I mentioned that cats are capable of entering into high rise HDB resident's house to steal food, and the other member dismissed this as myth and making sarcastic remarks and accusing other's of "unsound logic".

How can it be a myth when I personally witnessed it happening?

I'm just presenting facts of what cats are capable of and that I'm not making stories of their abilities. Cats are capable of stuff that dogs are not normally capable of.

As for statistics of whether Cats are more of nuisance than Dogs. Below are some figures which are not from any discussion forums. I presume that the figures are credible. It only have Cats complain stats. Can't find any on dogs complains. Maybe they're not significant enough to be discussed in parliament. So I presume that Cat complaints >> Dog complaints.

http://www.parliament.gov.sg/reports...005_T0002.html

"The total number of complaints concerning stray cats received by AVA, HDB and the town councils averaged at 10,000 per year for the period from 2002 to 2006."
    Last edited by Limsgp; 21st October 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Default Re: The Cats thread

We do understand. Maybe you should close this thread as it has served its purpose. Otherwise it may turn into another long one. Peace.

btw, maybe the town council can also allow tigers as pets. Their potential danger should be dismissed because they do not know that attacking pple is wrong, as suggested by the quote below.

"does the cat know that stealing is wrong? let's paint it this way - if a starving child does not know that it is wrong to steal, and it ventures into the house to steal... "

It suggests that if the animal doesn't know that what it is doing is wrong, then the residents should not take actions against that animal.

What a ridiculous reasoning.

Maybe it is not reasonable to compare stealing food and attacking pple. But it is also not reasonable to compare humans to cats.

noted. will close.