Thread: Adaptor

Default Adaptor

Can any of your good guys please enlighten me, is there an adaptor available in the market that can be installed on the Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 thus enabling it to be installed on the Canon 5D Mk II?? Came across it somewhere regarding this issue but not too certain about it. Thank very much in advance.

Default Re: Adaptor

I dun think it exist, and even if it does, the lens will not work well.

1) EF-S lenses cannot cover the larger sensor of a FF camera, meaning u can get vignetting at certain if not all aspects of focal lengths covered by the zoom lens

2) APS-C mirrors are smaller , and while having same sensor to focal plane distance, EF-S designers make some of their EF-S lenses with a more recessed rear element that can otherwise hit the larger FF mirrors. ( having said that there are some folks online who hacked and mounted selected EF-S lenses with no problems. )

3) An adapter will certainly increase the distance of the focal plane distance to sensor, and the lens cannot focus to infinity as it should ..

* you can try search online on how people mod their EF-S lenses, but i probably will not go there.

Last edited by giantcanopy; 20th October 2010 at 04:53 PM.