Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103

Thread: What is your best S.O.C. timing ?

  1. #21

    Default

    7min 31sec during ocs pro term 1999...
    now i cant even reach the low wall i tinnk....

  2. #22

    Default

    erm, something like 15+ minutes

  3. #23

    Default

    wow that was long ago... I think mine was 8.00 min.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    8min 2 sec

  5. #25

    Default

    Hmmm .. for me was 8 mins 05 sec during BMT in 1991. After POP, I never took SOC liao. Went for OCS and SAFINCO? FFI but never get in and instead send me to be CQ ....
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    I think mine best timing was abt 8 min 30 sec....that was circa 1996...now I think can't even clear low wall liao...

    BTW what is your most hated obstacle in SOC? Mine is the damn @#@%$@ monkey bars...killer on the palms sia. And you are weighted down with so many things sumemore...

    SOC = Hell, literally. Esp the last lap, after u had cleared all the obstacles. Never felt so shack b4 in my life.

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default talking about pro term....

    Quote Originally Posted by weg
    7min 31sec during ocs pro term 1999...
    now i cant even reach the low wall i tinnk....
    Haha.....talking about pro term...when your fitness was about the peak....i think I did 7:10~15 while in pro term.......14/93 OCC

    when was a trainer in sispec....i realised that the sispec....timings were higher than the cadets.....in general....

    rgds,me

  8. #28

    Default

    wow...i am from 14/93 OCC too....charlie company...what about u, sulhan???
    If you are from the infantry arms....we had a lot of memories in Pro term sia =P


    Oops...miss the topic....7:32 during Pro term too =P
    Last edited by Tuck Loong; 8th June 2004 at 09:51 AM.

  9. #29

    Default

    8.30...
    can't think how we actually managed to pass anymore considered that to run with the cam bag and tripod is already a killer these days....

    did anyone turned on the air-con in the helmet when ya ran !?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    erm, something like 15+ minutes
    better report for RT liao.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    to run with the cam bag and tripod is already a killer these days....
    no need to run, just get an equipment kart.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  12. #32

    Default

    wah, you all run SOC so fast. I cant remember whats my timing liao but i remember its about the same as my 2.4km...about 9:30 I think..

    Hate SOC!!! Always vomit at the mocked up helicopter..keke

    Think back can laugh about it, but when doing it can cry!!

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Everywhere where e sun shines
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    I think mine best timing was abt 8 min 30 sec....that was circa 1996...now I think can't even clear low wall liao...

    BTW what is your most hated obstacle in SOC? Mine is the damn @#@%$@ monkey bars...killer on the palms sia. And you are weighted down with so many things sumemore...

    SOC = Hell, literally. Esp the last lap, after u had cleared all the obstacles. Never felt so shack b4 in my life.
    Its the low rope that killed for me...always try once...twice...by the third time...can giveup liaoz...still remember my "sar tiao" screwing me up left and centre...but cannot means cannot mah....heh heh

    ah...the good ole horrible NS days....

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    better report for RT liao.
    no need to, me not combat unit


    i actually ooc bmt coz of failing soc :bangwall:

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    wah, you all run SOC so fast. I cant remember whats my timing liao but i remember its about the same as my 2.4km...about 9:30 I think..

    Hate SOC!!! Always vomit at the mocked up helicopter..keke

    Think back can laugh about it, but when doing it can cry!!
    sigh... bo pian man.. my Wing set the standard of 8min 45secs and all cadets who go below this timing gets night offs.... so die die must run sia... nearly couldn't make it

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    actually to me, the obstacles are easy.. it's just the damn running.........

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    295

    Default

    7:28 mins... back in good 'ol OCS pro-term...
    Think the worst part was that long stretch after the obstacle course at pasir laba camp... just before you hit the bend and think it's all over... THERE'S STILL SOME MORE!! ^%$&*@!

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    CQMS here....damn tiring to bring ration to SOC ground...^%$&*@!

  19. #39

    Default

    7mins 40sec... OCS pro term... those who hit 8min got to stay back during weekends for RT...

  20. #40
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,026

    Default Hahah great CS....is a meet old friends place!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck Loong
    wow...i am from 14/93 OCC too....charlie company...what about u, sulhan???
    If you are from the infantry arms....we had a lot of memories in Pro term sia =P

    Oops...miss the topic....7:32 during Pro term too =P
    Yo Bro....Same Lah....Charlie Coy....kakakakak!!!!!!
    Infantry....

    The Barber shop in Pasir Laba..is really a once hated place......also the road infront of Alpha...Coy....2.4K!!!!!!hahahaha......

    rgds,
    sulhan
    Last edited by sulhan; 8th June 2004 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •