Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting first DSLR

Default Re: Getting first DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by beebeeice View Post
    If you wanna make some short films or videos, take the Canon.. Nikon's Video quality CMI in comparison to Canon.
    video? take sony DSLTs for sure.. i saw the video of 60D focusing and it was quite bad. canon's video quality CMI in comparison to sony's DSLTs.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beebeeice View Post
    If you wanna make some short films or videos, take the Canon.. Nikon's Video quality CMI in comparison to Canon.
    eh... you obviously haven't seen the D3100. Better video than Canon 550D.

And you obviously haven't seen Sony's SLT's, better video than any DSLR.

Just goes to show how ill-informed some people are... making sweeping statements like that. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    eh... you obviously haven't seen the D3100. Better video than Canon 550D.

And you obviously haven't seen Sony's SLT's, better video than any DSLR.

Just goes to show how ill-informed some people are... making sweeping statements like that. LOL.
    maybe just not up-to-date, bro

Probably at the time, Nikon was (admittedly) struggling to match video quality. But I think they constantly try to outdo each other, so it's a never-ending game of one-upmanship.
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    maybe just not up-to-date, bro

Probably at the time, Nikon was (admittedly) struggling to match video quality. But I think they constantly try to outdo each other, so it's a never-ending game of one-upmanship.
    ya. There are no definites no absolutes. One day Nikon may choose to drop the ball on pricing and release something so good and so much cheaper than what Pentax is doing.

As it is now, D7000 will be killing the market for 60D. But in the end, good for us consumers. I am very sure D7000 will win the best camera in some-category this year.

As for entry level, nothing is beating the value Pentax is offering nowadays.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 25th October 2010 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Nope. No FF cam from Pentax. They do, however, offer a digital medium format camera. Pentax 645D.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...5d-first.shtml
    http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/r...04_371978.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    No prob. Man! If your father is convinced that the 2 brands are good, well they ARE.
    Don't argue with the finance minister.

Just know that there are other good brands as well for knowledge's sake.

You can buy this if you can part with $16K.
    http://www.pentaximaging.com/slr/645D/

What has a FF camera do with anything?
    It will be a consideration if one is doing a A0 size prints. thank you pinholecam and DD123.

Many others here have already given their unbiased view of the better entry level camera. Just to add last thing. You have to look at the available lenses and accessories support for the camera system you have narrow down. Because this will affect your choices and may or may not limit the many different photography genre that you may pursue.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Have gotten a55 + 18-250 + 50mm f18..thanks all for the advice given..Now to start shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by xoner View Post
    due to the heavy advertisement and marketing from canon and sony , that is why he told me to get from either of this brand..i will try to get him to know other brands
    Sony got DSLR advertisement meh? Let alone heavy.

Anyway already got yours, happy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan10k View Post
    Sony got DSLR advertisement meh? Let alone heavy.

Anyway already got yours, happy shooting!
    which brand can win canon's advertisement? i see 60D advert almost everyday for weeks already.
    Alpha

I see A55 and A550 ads on buses in Tampines
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by xoner View Post
    Hi , i have been told of this place from my friend, I know such thread always appear in this section so bare with me

i have zero experience in photography , so this is my first DSLR , after reading through internet and stuff

i have limited my choice to

cannon - 550d/60d ( which friend recommend for best bang for buck )
    sony - a33/a55

i have tried a55/33 over sony style and here are some stuff i like about it , higher fps , faster focus , continuous AF in video , size is smaller and weight is lighter , body IS , SLT new technology , not sure how much OVF and EVF differ since i nvr use any before plus sony lens are cheaper in general i guess

i have also went to the cannon showroom in vivo and tried out 550d and 60d , apart from the articulating lcd , build material , 60d have a dial controller which seems useful but have a safety lock for the mode selection which will take some time to get used to

would the DSLT lose out to the traditional DSLR in the long run
    What are you going to shoot & why a DSLR camera?

If you wanna learn photography, I recommend you get those entry level cameras first. if you just need a good camera to shoot anything, I think a high end compact camera (eg G11) or the Evil system (kind of compact DSLR type) will be best.

Good DSLR to start learning photography: I recommend you get 550D or 60D, D3000 or D3100

P.S DSLR is nice & cool but do you really need it if you're gonna use it just for simple usages?

Peace! Hope your Sony camera's a good deal.
    Last edited by antotsang; 26th October 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234