Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Cats...where to find?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    THAT is your Speculation.

    In no part of my comments did I ever mention cats can fly or climb walls vertically.

    Please go and research about the HDB flat designs in SG before you comment further that or assuming that the only way to access the upper floors is to fly or climb vertical walls.

    If I can proof via a picture that cats are ON the upper floors window ledge (without any human assistance), are you going to shallow all of what you have said?

    if that is the case, please look at the original discussion that arouse from your suggestion that dogs did not have means to get to higher storeys but cats had.

    if this is fact, that you are not saying that cats are indeed able to fly or climb walls vertically, and given the agreement earlier that DOGS AND CATS can jump through windows equally.....

    then what's the difference between a dog and a cat, when it comes to HDB, and the decision to ban cats?

    please do not try to shirk away from earlier statements made, and then present it in an absolutely different context from which it was originally presented in. thank you.

    p.s. if you can provide PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence that a cat did not get there by human assistance (and this includes stairs, lifts, that a dog has equal access to)... i would laugh my head off, because you can't prove this photographically in the first place. unless you are going to insist that lack of presence of humans in that area is clear evidence that there was no human involvement. even then, i maintain that a cat has to use the stairs/lifts to get to higher floors. this of course means that a dog could do it as well. and end up jumping through the windows. which was my earlier contention, wasn't it? like i said repeatedly earlier on, are you going to stick to your story of spidercat - to which there was no refutation. now you are bringing it up a wee bit late into the discussion, despite repeated invitations to clarify this ludicrous point of yours.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 04:27 PM.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    quote first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    hence, it is reasonable for HDB to ban cats. For a very simple reason, dog does not have the ability to climb over walls and gain access to pple's house easily. Cats have the ability to do so.
    to which i responded : dogs can jump in through windows.

    next,

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If you wanna refute my comments, I'll prefer you show evidence of dogs jumping into pple's home in HIGH RISE building (SG context), over the balcony or windows.

    Dogs can jump over windows, yes. But climb their way up 10th storey HDB flats and gain entry via the windows?? I doubt so.

    ....

    Cats are capable of all these MORE than dogs does. In Singapore context, high rise HDB flats. In what way is these not objective comment?

    Also, I mentioned that cats are a greater nuisance, because they can potentially gain access into each and every unit in a high rise HDB flat via the windows. Dogs.. maybe only ground floor units, if any.
    let me remind you of what you said earlier. this is what you said:

    (1) dogs had no ability to gain access over walls and into people's house.

    to which i said, dogs have the ability, please. this was supported with clear video evidence that dogs, contrary to popular belief, are able to perform athletic feats that people attribute to cats solely.

    in reply you said:

    (1) dogs cannot climb their way up 10 storey flats and gain access through windows.
    (2) dogs can only do so for ground floor units, cats can gain access into EACH and EVERY unit in a high rise HDB flat.

    pray tell me, if this is the case, that you are talking about stairs and lifts....

    are you suggesting that:

    (1) a dog cannot take a lift?
    (2) a dog cannot climb stairs?


    when you made the earlier statement in the SECOND quote i posted in this post of mine?

    please keep in mind that i had obtained your agreement that dogs could jump in through windows earlier with my initial reply. if your point of contention was that a cat could take lifts and climb stairs, that a dog had no such ability to do so (which we all know is ridiculous)... then how is the point mentioned in your second post valid at all?

    please do not attempt to cover up. it is very unsporting. when i have made mistakes in a discussion, it is only manly to admit them and move on.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 04:34 PM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Yes I agree the HDB policy of banning only cats but not dogs is not sound. But frankly, who cares? Loads of households still keep cats and I've not heard of HDB actively enforcing this policy(I can see it now-you'll throw up 1 or 2 links of HDB prosecuting some owners for keeping cats. but my point is this is not common) and this is all that matters. Taking it out on a fellow forumer that happen to hate cats won't help mah.



    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can you please read the earlier conversation, where i pointed out rightfully that dogs could also jump in through windows from the corridor. you can't just grab it halfway and take my comments out of context. this arouse because Limsgp suggested that cats were banned from hdb flats because they had additional powers to get into houses (high rise at that) that dogs did not possess.

    our dear Limsgp happily went on to suggest an additional scenario where cats can fly up 7 storeys. i don't know if this is miscommunication, but he doesn't seem to be correcting the use of the word "fly"... so.... i think he seems to be absolutely in agreement that cats can spiderman it up 7 storeys..

  4. #64

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    Yes I agree the HDB policy of banning only cats but not dogs is not sound. But frankly, who cares? Loads of households still keep cats and I've not heard of HDB actively enforcing this policy(I can see it now-you'll throw up 1 or 2 links of HDB prosecuting some owners for keeping cats. but my point is this is not common) and this is all that matters. Taking it out on a fellow forumer that happen to hate cats won't help mah.
    i don't care, actually.

    my point of contention here is the misconception that cats are any more pesky than dogs. this does not have any relation to the policy... and i would not stand to see misinformation (such as either: cats can fly up hdb flats, or now: cats can take lifts and stairs, but dogs cannot) being spouted in any place.

    especially when the misinformation is so blatant and defies basic logic.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    back to TS question: cats are everywhere in SG la... don't really need to go to a specific place to see cats. There's a very beautiful stray cat in my neighbourhood that is being fed daily by an auntie. There are probably many cat lovers around that will do something similar.

    1 thing i noticed about stray cats, the better fed(fatter) they are, the cleaner they look. A hungry cat self-cleans less?

  6. #66

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    back to TS question: cats are everywhere in SG la... don't really need to go to a specific place to see cats. There's a very beautiful stray cat in my neighbourhood that is being fed daily by an auntie. There are probably many cat lovers around that will do something similar.

    1 thing i noticed about stray cats, the better fed(fatter) they are, the cleaner they look. A hungry cat self-cleans less?
    the explanation is simple.

    a well-kept cat, i.e. enough food at the very least, is less likely to be sick. cats have the habit of cleaning themselves. when the cat is sick, it might neglect to clean itself, or it might have issues with its saliva which might cause it to look dirty.

    that said, old cats might tend to look a wee bit scruffier.... but most old things tend to be that way.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Have mr Limsgp tried using a cat repellent? Cat coming into your house could be a male because it has mark your house as it's territory.
    You could try Daiso for a $2 cat repellent.
    Charlie Tan loves his SMC 大姑妈
    deviantART | flickr

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let me remind you of what you said earlier. this is what you said:

    (1) dogs had no ability to gain access over walls and into people's house.

    to which i said, dogs have the ability, please. this was supported with clear video evidence that dogs, contrary to popular belief, are able to perform athletic feats that people attribute to cats solely.

    in reply you said:

    (1) dogs cannot climb their way up 10 storey flats and gain access through windows.
    (2) dogs can only do so for ground floor units, cats can gain access into EACH and EVERY unit in a high rise HDB flat.

    pray tell me, if this is the case, that you are talking about stairs and lifts....

    are you suggesting that:

    (1) a dog cannot take a lift?
    (2) a dog cannot climb stairs?


    when you made the earlier statement in the SECOND quote i posted in this post of mine?

    please keep in mind that i had obtained your agreement that dogs could jump in through windows earlier with my initial reply. if your point of contention was that a cat could take lifts and climb stairs, that a dog had no such ability to do so (which we all know is ridiculous)... then how is the point mentioned in your second post valid at all?

    please do not attempt to cover up. it is very unsporting. when i have made mistakes in a discussion, it is only manly to admit them and move on.
    Eh... maybe it's the kind of HDB with a lot of external ledges? I witnessed a cat "flying" (okay lah, more of jumping ledge to ledge) up two storeys from the ground before. Not sure if it is actually capable of doing that up to seven/ten storeys, but two storeys already very mind-blowing.

    And in a word of fairness for dogs, I don't think it is in their instincts to jump into dark/unexplored areas. Can they jump? Yes, and jumping out of car windows in the day is common. But jumping into dark/unexplored areas? (e.g. HDB windows at night) Not very likely, unless there's something that excited or frightened them. (e.g. chasing cats )
    Just photograph what you think is beautiful - that is all that matters. ~ Wing Shya ~
    .:Flickr:.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this arouse because Limsgp suggested that cats were banned from hdb flats because they had additional powers to get into houses (high rise at that) that dogs did not possess.

    our dear Limsgp happily went on to suggest an additional scenario where cats can fly up 7 storeys. i don't know if this is miscommunication, but he doesn't seem to be correcting the use of the word "fly"... so.... i think he seems to be absolutely in agreement that cats can spiderman it up 7 storeys..
    If you read carefully, I highlight that in no part of my comment did I ever even suggest that cats can fly or climb vertical walls. You're the only one who mentioned these abilities.

    Also, dogs can jump over windows like cats, but they're not as nimble and they are unlikely to do so at high attitude areas. Cats are more likely to be less afraid of heights.

    And personal experiences, I never came across a dog that does that at high rise HDB flats, but has encoutner cats that can do that.

    hence, whether cats or dog are more likely is based on encounters. Of coz,. if you say you saw a dog do that, it's fine too.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 20th October 2010 at 05:33 PM.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If you read carefully, I highlight that in no part of my comment did I ever even suggest that cats can fly or climb vertical walls. You're the only one who mentioned these abilities.

    Also, dogs can jump over windows like cats, but they're not as nimble and they are unlikely to do so at high attitude areas. Cats are more likely to be less afraid of heights.
    fine, let's just pretend that you didn't suggest that, despite evidence to the contrary. copping out is part and parcel of everyday life in clubsnap anyways.

    i don't see the difference between dog jumping in through ground floor window versus dog jumping in through window along corridor on the 20th storey. do you?

    you are once again, making very assumptious statements when you say that "cats are more likely to be less afraid of heights". that is like saying that a nepalese is more likely to be less afraid of heights.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carplips/766965172/
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 05:35 PM.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Eh... maybe it's the kind of HDB with a lot of external ledges? I witnessed a cat "flying" (okay lah, more of jumping ledge to ledge) up two storeys from the ground before. Not sure if it is actually capable of doing that up to seven/ten storeys, but two storeys already very mind-blowing.
    two storeys is possible, i guess, but i really doubt there would be a foolhardy cat that would go up all the way ninjump style.

  12. #72
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    i suggest both night86mare and limsgp to relax and cool down... this is turning into a battlefield.

    perhaps a pm to each other would be more beneficial?
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 20th October 2010 at 05:54 PM.

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    if that is the case, please look at the original discussion that arouse from your suggestion that dogs did not have means to get to higher storeys but cats had.

    if this is fact, that you are not saying that cats are indeed able to fly or climb walls vertically, and given the agreement earlier that DOGS AND CATS can jump through windows equally.....

    then what's the difference between a dog and a cat, when it comes to HDB, and the decision to ban cats?

    please do not try to shirk away from earlier statements made, and then present it in an absolutely different context from which it was originally presented in. thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Eh... maybe it's the kind of HDB with a lot of external ledges? I witnessed a cat "flying" (okay lah, more of jumping ledge to ledge) up two storeys from the ground before. Not sure if it is actually capable of doing that up to seven/ten storeys, but two storeys already very mind-blowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    fine, let's just pretend that you didn't suggest that, despite evidence to the contrary. copping out is part and parcel of everyday life in clubsnap anyways.

    i don't see the difference between dog jumping in through ground floor window versus dog jumping in through window along corridor on the 20th storey. do you?
    First of all, cropping away part of the quote to to bring attention to and focus on key points, not to mask away unfavorable statement or whatsoever. Hope this is common understanding.

    ok, back to the main point.

    I say that cats have the ability to access high floor HDB units via entry from windows. You're the one to assume that the only way to do it is to "Fly or climb vertical walls", which of coz is not true.

    I say this based on personal observations. And there are other witness of a cats ability to jump across window ledge and how nimble they are. And in other posts, there's others who mentioned that there are indeed complains of cats entering their house and create a mess. So far, there have been no reports or complaints of dogs entering high rise HDB units and create a mess. That, is how cats are more pesky than dogs, as suggested in my original post.

    How the cats gain access to the HDB flats? I didn't mentioned earlier, but I'll discuss it now. Basically, they can climb stairs or take the lift, which naturally to this point, dogs can too. Then, they'll jump over the railings/metallic structure and land on the window ledge, which is like maybe 20cm wide to 1m wide, depending on which floor. Then, they make their way to the windows and jump right over and enter the house (if the window is not fully closed).

    Now, comparing to dogs.

    1. Dogs can jump too, even if it is at 6~7 stories height corridors.. Maybe..? But, so far there is no reports or complains of dogs doing that.. yet. And I seriously doubt a dog would do that under normal circumstances. And to expect a dog to walk along a ledge 20cm wide at 6 storey height.. is unlikely. The dog would probably freak out.

    2. A big dog that can jump to window height is unlikely to squeeze thru railings at high floors/corridors (and gain access to window ledge via lift landing area). A small dog that can squeeze thru railings is unlikely to jump over window height. A cat that can squeeze their way thru 10cm gap can easily jump over window height. Hence, it is no surprise to find cats roaming around window ledges on high floor. But it's very very rare to find such a dog.

    3. Cats are more nimble than dogs. That's a know fact, I guess. If dogs climb trees, notice how clumsy they do so. Compare to how a cat does it. Hence, a cats can easily and effortlessly jump over railings, window ledge, and enter into HDB units. And, it's not uncommon to find cats on window ledge at 6 and above floors. But I never saw a dog on window ledge at that height. If someone got a picture, maybe they can post on stomp already.. as it's a rare sighting.

    4. Cats can survive a fall from extreme heights. Say, from 8th storey to 6th storey. So, they're more likely to venture around high rise areas (common sightings) and have less height phobia. Dogs are unlikely to survive such a fall, so it's unlikely for them to venture into such heights. I mentioned 6~8 storey becasue there maybe 1m wide landings at certain floors like 2, 6, 10 floors etc.

    Finally, if all these reasonings, sightings, observation doesn't cut, that's fine.

    For whether Cats are more pesky than dogs. Just look at 1 thing statistics. Number of complaints of cats entering into houses (high or low rise) and creates a mess vs complaints of dogs entering into houses.

    With that, I rest my case.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 20th October 2010 at 08:12 PM.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    First of all, cropping away part of the quote to to bring attention to and focus on key points, not to mask away unfavorable statement or whatsoever. Hope this is common understanding.

    ok, back to the main point.

    I say that cats have the ability to access high floor HDB units via entry from windows. You're the one to assume that the only way to do it is to "Fly or climb vertical walls", which of coz is not true.

    I say this based on personal observations. And there are other witness of a cats ability to jump across window ledge and how nimble they are. And in other posts, there's others who mentioned that there are indeed complains of cats entering their house and create a mess. So far, there have been no reports or complaints of dogs entering high rise HDB units and create a mess. That, is how cats are more pesky than dogs, as suggested in my original post.

    How the cats gain access to the HDB flats? I didn't mentioned earlier, but I'll discuss it now. Basically, they can climb stairs or take the lift, which naturally to this point, dogs can too. Then, they'll jump over the railings/metallic structure and land on the window ledge, which is like maybe 20cm wide to 1m wide, depending on which floor. Then, they make their way to the windows and jump right over and enter the house (if the window is not fully closed).

    Now, comparing to dogs.

    1. Dogs can jump too, even if it is at 6~7 stories height corridors.. Maybe..? But, so far there is no reports or complains of dogs doing that.. yet. And I seriously doubt a dog would do that under normal circumstances. And to expect a dog to walk along a ledge 20cm wide at 6 storey height.. is unlikely. The dog would probably freak out.

    2. A big dog that can jump to window height is unlikely to squeeze thru railings at high floors/corridors (and gain access to window ledge via lift landing area). A small dog that can squeeze thru railings is unlikely to jump over window height. A cat that can squeeze their way thru 10cm gap can easily jump over window height. Hence, it is no surprise to find cats roaming around window ledges on high floor. But it's very very rare to find such a dog.

    3. Cats are more nimble than dogs. That's a know fact, I guess. If dogs climb trees, notice how clumsy they do so. Compare to how a cat does it. Hence, a cats can easily and effortlessly jump over railings, window ledge, and enter into HDB units. And, it's not uncommon to find cats on window ledge at 6 and above floors. But I never saw a dog on window ledge at that height. If someone got a picture, maybe they can post on stomp already.. as it's a rare sighting.

    4. Cats can survive a fall from extreme heights. Say, from 8th storey to 6th storey. So, they're more likely to venture around high rise areas (common sightings) and have less height phobia. Dogs are unlikely to survive such a fall, so it's unlikely for them to venture into such heights. I mentioned 6~8 storey becasue there maybe 1m wide landings at certain floors like 2, 6, 10 floors etc.

    Finally, if all these reasonings, sightings, observation doesn't cut, that's fine.

    For whether Cats are more pesky than dogs. Just look at 1 thing statistics. Number of complaints of cats entering into houses (high or low rise) and creates a mess vs complaints of dogs entering into houses.

    With that, I rest my case.
    what passes as "statistics" for you is pretty sad.

    i haven't seen anyone complaining about having rhinos charging at them. does this represent to you, then, that rhinos do not charge when feeling threatened? tell that to quite a number of few dead photographers.

    you might want to take note that there are also a load less stray dogs hanging out around hdb estates than cats. i have no ideas as to why this is the case - it could be just that stray dogs just don't hang out around hdb estates, it could be that stray dogs are quickly captured and brought to the pound/spca... but at least i don't pretend that i'm a dog and write stories about how scared i am of hdb estates to prove my point (which is no proof at all, may i add).

    next, you claim that there is a metallic structure that cats have to jump across to land on the window ledge. could you go into more detail as to why hdb flats suddenly have unidentified huge metallic structures with no names? i am not visualising anything - perhaps i'm a bit slow. maybe i should take a quick walk around my estate to see if there are indeed, unnamed metallic structures that keep dogs out but not cats.

    you make statements on behalf of dogs. are you a dog? last i checked, you could type on a keyboard, by inference of your posting on clubsnap. are you saying that dogs feel fear at high places? perhaps you should write a paper on it, and win the nobel prize for something in the area of science.

    one of the videos i posted earlier was a toy dog jumping through a window. i don't suppose i need to find more toy dogs jumping through windows, seeing how you take a sparrow to represent spring.... so we'll just leave it as that.

    you then proceed to make statements on behalf of cats. i suppose you could also write a separate paper on that as well, and win a second nobel prize. maybe they can't give you one for science, so they'll give you the nobel peace prize. that'd be cool.

    rest my case?

    indeed i do, there is no point reasoning in someone who uses a forum thread as "statistics" to claim that cats are peskier than dogs. cheers.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 10:16 PM.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i suggest both night86mare and limsgp to relax and cool down... this is turning into a battlefield.

    perhaps a pm to each other would be more beneficial?
    it's ok, i'm nearing the end of my patience - it has just burnt out, and all hope that limsgp can listen to clear, sound reason has just fizzled out and died...

    it was pretty painful. but i've come to terms with it. don't worry, i won't respond to him on this matter anymore.

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    You're the one who choose not to make objective judgement based on statistics and other pple's observations, but only based on your own biased views.

    So, do you need to be a cat to say that cats are suffering when being tortured? or are you a cat that knows how to use a computer??

    From the beginning, you show how capable you are at resorting to making personal attacks and making Sarcastic remarks instead of focusing solely on facts, other pple's encounters and observations, and directly targeting the issue objectively.

    The other members can judge for themselves which arguments carries more weight.

    In this thread alone, there are postings of comments, observations of cats being a nuisance in pple's house in SG context, but None of dogs sneaking into their house yet.

    The authorities have already made their stand. What other explanation could there be other than cats are more of a nuisance than dogs, hence warranting the ban. Quote - "Flat owners are not allowed to keep cats in HDB flats, as it is generally difficult to confine cats within the flat premises." WHY are they difficult to confine? It's because they CAN make their way out of the windows of HIGH rise HDB flats. Dogs generally do NOT do that.

    If you're closed to logical reasoning and factual accounts of others, it's meaningless to argue with you further on this issue.

    ps: I'm just providing objective views on why cats are banned. I have no liking for dogs OR cats. But encountered bad behaviors from cats, where they enter into the house stealing food, mess up the place, dash across the living room in the middle of the night (And Day) making their escape via the window, of a HIGH rise HDB unit. I am NOT trying to "protect" or "defend" the keeping of dogs in HDB estates.

    It's unlike you blindly defending the cats because you have special liking for cats.


    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what passes as "statistics" for you is pretty sad.

    i haven't seen anyone complaining about having rhinos charging at them. does this represent to you, then, that rhinos do not charge when feeling threatened? tell that to quite a number of few dead photographers.

    you might want to take note that there are also a load less stray dogs hanging out around hdb estates than cats. i have no ideas as to why this is the case - it could be just that stray dogs just don't hang out around hdb estates, it could be that stray dogs are quickly captured and brought to the pound/spca... but at least i don't pretend that i'm a dog and write stories about how scared i am of hdb estates to prove my point (which is no proof at all, may i add).

    next, you claim that there is a metallic structure that cats have to jump across to land on the window ledge. could you go into more detail as to why hdb flats suddenly have unidentified huge metallic structures with no names? i am not visualising anything - perhaps i'm a bit slow. maybe i should take a quick walk around my estate to see if there are indeed, unnamed metallic structures that keep dogs out but not cats.

    you make statements on behalf of dogs. are you a dog? last i checked, you could type on a keyboard, by inference of your posting on clubsnap. are you saying that dogs feel fear at high places? perhaps you should write a paper on it, and win the nobel prize for something in the area of science.

    one of the videos i posted earlier was a toy dog jumping through a window. i don't suppose i need to find more toy dogs jumping through windows, seeing how you take a sparrow to represent spring.... so we'll just leave it as that.

    you then proceed to make statements on behalf of cats. i suppose you could also write a separate paper on that as well, and win a second nobel prize. maybe they can't give you one for science, so they'll give you the nobel peace prize. that'd be cool.

    rest my case?

    indeed i do, there is no point reasoning in someone who uses a forum thread as "statistics" to claim that cats are peskier than dogs. cheers.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 21st October 2010 at 08:47 AM.

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    serangon
    Posts
    762

    Angry Re: Cats...where to find?

    i dare to post the whereabout of the cats is purely for cats lover to photoshot them.the location is a private property with at least 5 security guards patrolling the place 24/7 round the clock.cats hater and abuser will not be so stupid as to assualt the cats there as the cats are well care and fed by a group of guys.spca and ava will not be so stupid to gun down cats in private property too so those people who comment rudely without thinking go fly kite better than photo shooting.

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    What are cats capable of.

    And, judge for yourself whether these situations are applicable to HDB. Maybe a cat can climb 1 storey. But one storey "at a time" is sufficient because there are ledges (where the cats can rest) on each and every storey, up to the highest unit of the HDB block.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_Ou4skzMI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgtYrlFwzF0&NR=1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIDS9B0-_8&NR=1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JtdlQe33c&NR=1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FprcUj9Cdos&NR=1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokG5jmqeMs&NR=1


    This is comparable to the wide of a windows ledge on high rise HDb flat.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81lt1Wp-zaI&NR=1


    Dogs on a fence. Not sure how it got there, but notice it doesn't move, and only jump clumsy onto ground.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIUk3ijHLFQ

    A cat can easily jump onto other elevated structures.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 21st October 2010 at 09:45 AM.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by funmatt View Post
    i dare to post the whereabout of the cats is purely for cats lover to photoshot them.the location is a private property with at least 5 security guards patrolling the place 24/7 round the clock.cats hater and abuser will not be so stupid as to assualt the cats there as the cats are well care and fed by a group of guys.spca and ava will not be so stupid to gun down cats in private property too so those people who comment rudely without thinking go fly kite better than photo shooting.
    Hi funmatt,

    Firstly I'll like to apologise for the harsh tone in my earlier post and for the unwarranted naming you as a "joker". That was totally uncalled for given your good intentions and I sincerely apologise.

    I would however, like to maintain the stand that you should not share such locations openly (could perhap do so via pm, if you ascertain the other party to have no malice towards cats). This I say because
    1. it may be a private property but if others are able to freely enter and shoot cats, I doubt the security guards are much inclined to stop anyone from entering said property.
    2. if anyone can enter the property, what's to stop an animal abuser from going there, luring a cat out, and then bringing it somewhere else to abuse? Cats (sometimes to the detriment of their wellbeing) can be very trusting.


    I hope you see my point why locations for animals (and nature in general) should not be shared openly.

    --------------------------------------

    As an aside to this thread, I'll like to quantify that
    1. the previous mention of complaints about cats entering neighbours' houses was for ground floor units (no need to even go up the stairs type).
    2. while I have seen a cat successfully climb two storeys, I've never had a cat climb into my flat before even though I WAS staying on the second floor.


    Lastly, would the TS kindly consider closing the thread now that his/her aim has been achieved before it spirals out of control? (There's two kind souls who already shared locations on this thread.)
    Just photograph what you think is beautiful - that is all that matters. ~ Wing Shya ~
    .:Flickr:.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Perhaps, I wouldn't have believe cats are capable of all those stealing food stuff in high rise flats if not for personal unpleasant encounters. hence, it is understandable that others may not believe what is told. The HDB ban of cats may also have helped to alleviate the situation, bringing cats population in housing estates under control, so less pple might encounter those situations, and none here in CS.

    Whatever it is, it's ok not to believe what I said now. Someday, if you encounter cats stealing food from your house, you might believe. That's all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •