Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93

Thread: Cats...where to find?

  1. #41
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    you're making it easier for cat haters, such info shouldn't be shared online

  2. #42

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    There will always be those who say dogs are better, loyal and obedient. They are also those that will say that cats are better, cleaner and quieter. But there are also those who like some here will not like either... and any small matter will be aggravated into a big one. One small occurrence or hearsay will become "fact" that will be used to propagate more untruths.

    End of day we cannot force people from thinking the way they think. So before this thread turns into a Dog vs Cat, Animal lover vs Animal hater.. I advise Mods to close it.

    For TS. well all I can say is not only cats.. but all forms of animals. like dogs, crows, pigeons are not tolerated in our FINE country. After all we need to make sure this place is clean and green and we must make sure there is no pesky animals to spoil the image and picture and perfect sterile country. We all know it and if u dont know it... either you have not been reading the news or you are new here...

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Aiyoh... limsgp and night86mare both need to take a chill pill lah. While night86mare may be feeling indignant due to your love for cats, what limsgp said has a certain level of truth in it, though somewhat exaggerated - in my area, there are some blocks of flats with ground floor units. There's one kind Malay family taking care of the strays in the area, but received complaints from Chinese neighbours about the cats climbing into their houses and making a mess, as well as being noisy. So the Malay lady tried to keep the cats indoors at night but this has met with objection from her husband as the cats become noisy, meowing and clawing to try and get out. So now the cats are back to sleeping outside. Not sure if the Chinese neighbours have any further issues though, as, to their credit, I see that they've taken steps to install their doors and windows with netting to keep out "unwanted visitors".

    -------------------------

    To the TS and the joker who posted location details - cats are abundant in Singapore, and you'll almost always find a friendly one around the corner as long as you keep an eye out for them. Do refrain from asking for (or posting) locations as none of us cat/animal lovers would want harm to befall these lovely felines.
    Just photograph what you think is beautiful - that is all that matters. ~ Wing Shya ~
    .:Flickr:.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post

    HDB estates are meant for humans to stay, not for 4 legged animals to roam around. But if these animals somehow got toilet trained and does not dirty the place or cause disturbances, it's okay to share the space with them in the open areas.
    this is the most crappiest thingy i heard , it tells us your personality. what happen if "human" ( kids, parents) dirty your place ? they shouldn't stay with you? they should be send to old folks home? child care?
    Objection !!!

  5. #45

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    there are lot of incidents about dogs killed or bit people . they bite kids when they see them running , how retart.

    cat bite people too IF you irritate them. you leave it alone, it will leave you alone. but dogs ...jesus.....they cant leave you alone...

    it happened to me before...i was playing by myself.. running and catching ball..this huge dog was dashing at me and *(&*(%&*(#&^_%$&#)(%&)
    Objection !!!

  6. #46

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    there are lot of incidents about dogs killed or bit people . they bite kids when they see them running , how retart.

    cat bite people too IF you irritate them. you leave it alone, it will leave you alone. but dogs ...jesus.....they cant leave you alone...

    it happened to me before...i was playing by myself.. running and catching ball..this huge dog was dashing at me and *(&*(%&*(#&^_%$&#)(%&)
    In all fairness. The dog is just acting on instinct. Running object, ball moving. It is just acting on its instinct to chase that moving object, u and your ball. I beg to differ too that dogs cannot leave you alone, different dogs have different characters and again it is instinct that they bark and chase if you intrude into their perceived space. Some dogs go wild when you go near them, some cannot even be bothered.

    For cats, it is the same thing... there are cats that simply mind their own business and there are those that take their owner's legs as plaything and attack without warning. Again acting on instinct.

    Dogs and cats are all living beings and there is no bad or good, just pure instinct and behavior. I think that this thread is seriously degenerating into a free for all at the expense of the innocent animals that are being labeled as things they are not.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    I used to stay on the 7th storey HDB flat, and have encountered all those things that I mentioned earlier, such as cats entering the house in the night and searching for food, via the window (The door was locked). The only thing missing is video footage as I do not install CCTV at home.

    Based on what you say my argument is unsound?

    What I comment are from personal experiences. IT IS NOT SPECULATION. If you don't believe, there's nothing I can say. I will NOT retract what I presented as facts, that cats can and do enter into pple's house at high rise HDB flats.

    So, base on your comments you seems to doubt that fact. If you choose not to believe, it's up to you.

    I surprised that a so-called cat lover like you are not aware of the ability of cats to make their way up a HDB building to reach the 7th or even 10th storey units.

    And you shoot your mouth off criticizing others of unsound logic before checking out the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    your argument is unsound.

    can you show me evidence of cats jumping into people's homes on the 10th storey?

    that would be one talented cat. i think you are giving cats too much credit. in what way could they climb up 10 storeys? or even 2 for that matter? their claws can work on concrete?

    objective? srsly? i think there is still room for you to retract your statements of the legendary spider-cat, before you delve into a deeper state of unsound logic. maybe you should re-read what you are claiming - a cat that can fly up 10 storeys to enter someone's window. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
    Last edited by Limsgp; 20th October 2010 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    And you shoot your mouth off criticizing others of unsound logic before checking out the facts.
    facts?

    only your word of mouth that somehow there are phantom cats that you THINK came in from 7 storeys below.

    there is a difference between having the cat walk between units, or climbing in from the CORRIDOR (which means it applies to same level, not 7 storey wonder feats)... and flying 7 storeys. you mean you are still sticking to your story of the marvellous spider cat? time to find out what happens when cats are bitten by radioactive spiders.

    there is no need to try to find video evidence, i don't think anyone with sound mind or logic would agree with you that a cat can climb up 7 storeys from the void deck and fly into your window.

    so taking that into account, whatever i have posted - i.e. that a dog can easily do what a cat can do on a one-storey basis... still holds.

    a cat lover like me is well aware that cats climb TREES (which are very, very different from the chunks of concrete that are our hdb flats), and can probably find ways to scale up pipes for short distances to get up one storey or so. but 7? boy, that has to be some pipe you're smoking.... and i'm sorry, my rational mind cannot fathom how you could visualise such a thing happening.
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 03:47 PM.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    In all fairness. The dog is just acting on instinct. Running object, ball moving. It is just acting on its instinct to chase that moving object, u and your ball. I beg to differ too that dogs cannot leave you alone, different dogs have different characters and again it is instinct that they bark and chase if you intrude into their perceived space. Some dogs go wild when you go near them, some cannot even be bothered.

    For cats, it is the same thing... there are cats that simply mind their own business and there are those that take their owner's legs as plaything and attack without warning. Again acting on instinct.
    i have no quarrels with dogs.

    i play with them quite often as well, just that there aren't that many stray dogs in singapore... and well, i don't like doggie breath (which perfectly well cats will not have, unless they have just eaten).

    all animals are usually fine, given normal circumstances.

    i don't think it's ever fair to overgeneralise and say that because you had encountered a weird mad dog or cat, that the whole species behaves the same way. my point of view is expressed here strongly because there is misinformation (achieved via leaps of logic) being perpetuated here, and i think it's not correct for people who know otherwise to keep silent. i would just as easily correct misinformation about hamsters, dogs, terrapins, fish, if i had knowledge about such creatures and people were making nonsensical, sweeping statements about them.

    cheers.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    btw, I'm not sure about newer HDB flats and their design. Maybe they have some anti-cat design or what, I'm not sure.

    But the flats I'm referring to are those common ones in older HDB estates like Bedok, Tampines etc..

  11. #51

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/17/garden/17catio.html

    Using pipes, chicken wire and deer fencing, she erected a seven-foot railing that the cats cannot climb, then spray-painted it black so it would be less obtrusive.

  12. #52
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is the cat sterilised? if it is, then you are accusing the wrong cat.
    So it could be the owner instead?

  13. #53

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    So it could be the owner instead?
    might be you.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    btw, I'm not sure about newer HDB flats and their design. Maybe they have some anti-cat design or what, I'm not sure.

    But the flats I'm referring to are those common ones in older HDB estates like Bedok, Tampines etc..
    you don't need any anti-cat design to prevent a cat from climbing 10 storeys, which a dog obviously cannot do either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp
    Dogs can jump over windows, yes. But climb their way up 10th storey HDB flats and gain entry via the windows?? I doubt so.
    if they can't climb past 7 feet, the last i checked, a 10 storey hdb flat was a lot more than 7 feet........

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    there is no need to try to find video evidence, i don't think anyone with sound mind or logic would agree with you that a cat can climb up 7 storeys from the void deck and fly into your window.
    THAT is your Speculation.

    In no part of my comments did I ever mention cats can fly or climb walls vertically.

    Please go and research about the HDB flat designs in SG before you comment further that or assuming that the only way to access the upper floors is to fly or climb vertical walls.

    If I can proof via a picture that cats are ON the upper floors window ledge (without any human assistance), are you going to shallow all of what you have said?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lam CK View Post
    Hihi...me and my fren are cat lovers, am planning to complie an album on cats in singapore..got ani hotspots to find them?? i know void decks have...but im more keen to know if there is a place where cats are abundant? Btw Singapore dont have a cats cafe like this rite?

    http://acidcow.com/pics/14185-tokyos...s-44-pics.html
    There are many locations in HDB estates where you can find stray cats, especially near hawker centers.

    There is a basketball court next to ***. Around 10pm a lady would come with food to feed the cats, starting from the covered walkway from *** station, to the basketball court, then surrounding blocks.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 22nd October 2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Reequest for location of cats to be deleted.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    There are many locations in HDB estates where you can find stray cats, especially near hawker centers.

    There is a censored Around 10pm a lady would come with food to feed the cats, starting from the covered walkway from censored , to the basketball court, then surrounding blocks.
    Could I request you to remove your post. You are inviting trouble for the cats. Especially with your exact address and description

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    this is the most crappiest thingy i heard , it tells us your personality. what happen if "human" ( kids, parents) dirty your place ? they shouldn't stay with you? they should be send to old folks home? child care?
    That is your speculation only w/o basis.

    And your comments seems to suggest that dogs & cats shouldn't be treated differently from humans?

    Since you suggested it first, if you feel that you shouldn't be treated differently from cats & dogs, that's your freedom.

    Most pple, I believe, don't feel that way. Hence most restaurants or establishments don't allow pets into their premises meant for human.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    It's of course impossible for a cat to climb spiderman style up concrete walls...

    But! cats can climb stairs right? or it could even enter a lift with someone and get to whatever floor it is. It's also not impossible for a cat to get to a window(HDB type), especially when some households like to place cabinets or ledges to hold plantpots underneath the windows.

    That said, I like cats myself and even though i can hear their on-heat cries at night(I live on the 10th floor!) and it doesn't really bother me. But I could understand how it can irk other people, it's rather loud after all and not to mention, quite creepy sounding at times.


    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you don't need any anti-cat design to prevent a cat from climbing 10 storeys, which a dog obviously cannot do either.



    if they can't climb past 7 feet, the last i checked, a 10 storey hdb flat was a lot more than 7 feet........

  20. #60

    Default Re: Cats...where to find?

    Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    It's of course impossible for a cat to climb spiderman style up concrete walls...

    But! cats can climb stairs right? or it could even enter a lift with someone and get to whatever floor it is. It's also not impossible for a cat to get to a window(HDB type), especially when some households like to place cabinets or ledges to hold plantpots underneath the windows.

    That said, I like cats myself and even though i can hear their on-heat cries at night(I live on the 10th floor!) and it doesn't really bother me. But I could understand how it can irk other people, it's rather loud after all and not to mention, quite creepy sounding at times.
    can you please read the earlier conversation, where i pointed out rightfully that dogs could also jump in through windows from the corridor. you can't just grab it halfway and take my comments out of context. this arouse because Limsgp suggested that cats were banned from hdb flats because they had additional powers to get into houses (high rise at that) that dogs did not possess.

    our dear Limsgp happily went on to suggest an additional scenario where cats can fly up 7 storeys. i don't know if this is miscommunication, but he doesn't seem to be correcting the use of the word "fly"... so.... i think he seems to be absolutely in agreement that cats can spiderman it up 7 storeys..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •