Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats...where to find?

Default Re: Cats...where to find?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is the cat sterilised? if it is, then you are accusing the wrong cat.
    I don't think so

Sterilised cat have one their ear cut

Its mating call attract other cats in the neighborhood

In one occasion, 2 other cats appear and they have a fight over the female cat and cause one of my flower pot to topple and spilled the dirts all over the floor

This happens at night and the noise woke me up

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dogs are worst. they bark for nothing.
    Not really, the elderly people said dogs bark at night because they see ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    I don't think so

Its mating call attract other cats in the neighborhood

In one occasion, 2 other cats appear and they have a fight over the female cat and cause one of my flower pot to topple and spilled the dirts all over the floor

This happens at night and the noise woke me up
    if ur neighbour owns the cat, why would he/she have the ear cut ater sterilisation?
    the cut ear thing is meant for the folks to tell the sterilised _strays_ fr the other..

probably can confirm with them, if not sterilised, juz friendly advise them to do so..

oh, one thing abt the dogs, u gotta go let the dog take a sniff at u (under close supervision fr the owners, if u feel woozy abt it)
    once got approval, they wun bother u much.
    works with the doggie next door.
    but ymmv, esp if u dun smell rite.. 8P

is the cat sterilised? if it is, then you are accusing the wrong cat.
    It doesn't mean sterilised male cats don't cry out in the middle of night.

They cry more because of what they are missing.

Then more cats join in to laugh at them.
    Last edited by Sion; 20th October 2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Now that's what you call a love bite.

Female cats have sharp teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    Ya . . . i prefer miao then woof woof . . .

my neighbour's dog keep barking . . . cannot take it . . . but still need to endure.
    Makes me wonder what's the rationale behind banning cats from hdbs but allowing dogs

Talking Re: Cats...where to find?

spca and ava,please do not read this.for cats lovers only.some nice cats around there well fed and nicely taken care off by good hearted guys at **.i wanted to bring my cameras there to "shoot" some fellow too.
    Last edited by Clown; 20th October 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funmatt View Post
    spca and ava,please do not read this.for cats lovers only.some nice cats around there well fed and nicely taken care off by good hearted guys at .i wanted to bring my cameras there to "shoot" some fellow too.
    you must be kidding me... either you have not read the earlier posts cautioning on this, or you just persist anyways.

even if spca and ava do not care to read, there are loads of cat-haters around. clubsnap is open to all alike, you will have happy people who will be more than willing to report this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lam CK View Post
    haiz....cant believe this harmless and simple query get me these answers! but i sincerely want to photograph cats oni wor..not abuse. Cant believe ppl will turn into forums to get info on this??
    to you is just a harmless and simple query, if somebody posting the whereabouts of the cats online, are signing a dead sentence to the cats in that areas.

do you really think only cat lovers will go around look for cats? see what is this joker trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by funmatt View Post
    spca and ava,please do not read this.for cats lovers only.some nice cats around there well fed and nicely taken care off by good hearted guys at ******************.i wanted to bring my cameras there to "shoot" some fellow too.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

do you really think only cat lovers will go around look for cats? see what is this joker trying to do.
    i don't know what that guy is doing...

either he hates cats, or he is very naive...

i don't know what that guy is doing...

either he hates cats, or he is very naive...
    did you see the "shoot" in his post?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorasea View Post
    I don't understand why HDB allow dogs but not cats.
    This is unfair and ridiculous.
    Cats are clean, not noisy, and make very good domestic pets.
    Never heard of Dogs going into pple's house, or jump off balconies and over windows to gain access to HDB residents houses and mess up the place (overturn dustbins, plates etc..).

But it is very common to find stray cats venturing into pple's house and mess up the place in search of food.

hence, it is reasonable for HDB to ban cats. For a very simple reason, dog does not have the ability to climb over walls and gain access to pple's house easily. Cats have the ability to do so.

Well, you can say that domesticated cats does not need to go around searching for food etc.. But it does not deny the fact that they have such an ability. And if the owners abandon the cats, it'll pose a problem for the residents much more than for dogs due to it's inherent ability to climb over structures.

it's a much bigger potential public hazards.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    did you see the "shoot" in his post?
    he say he use camera mar....

sometimes people very blur one.... i can't say for sure, so give benefit of doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Never heard of Dogs going into pple's house, or jump off balconies and over windows to gain access to HDB residents houses and mess up the place (overturn dustbins, plates etc..).

http://www.townofurbanna.com/pages/how.html
    "Report an incident or register a complaint about a dog or other animal?
    Report non-violent issues like barking, overturned trash cans, digging and peeing/pooping to the town office."

http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/c...0.83-3024.html
    " On June 6, 1979, the dogs were observed by Officer Ducommun near overturned garbage cans in the park and, when Officer Ducommun attempted to right the garbage cans, one of the dogs allegedly attempted to attack him by running at him, growling and barking."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8181357AAgDZ2D
    "Whenever I leave my dog alone, I come back to an overturned trash can and all it's contains in tiny little pieces."

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf384649.tip.html
    "How do I keep all the neighborhood dogs from using our small yard as their bathroom? At this time, a fence is not the answer. "

nice to see someone who's objective.

dogs cannot jump over windows.

this is actually a cat

more cats jumping in through windows, i see

evil, evil cats

nice to see someone who's objective.
    dogs cannot jump over windows.

this is actually a cat
    more cats jumping in through windows, i see
    evil, evil cats
    If you wanna refute my comments, I'll prefer you show evidence of dogs jumping into pple's home in HIGH RISE building (SG context), over the balcony or windows.

Dogs can jump over windows, yes. But climb their way up 10th storey HDB flats and gain entry via the windows?? I doubt so.

Maybe you never kena before a cat entering your house and mess up the place, but a lot of pple sure does. Can you imagine the frustrations of waking up in the morning and the place is in a mess with overturned dustbins and such? Or have to close the windows at night and endure the stuffiness in order to keep out irritating cats. Or walking to the toilet in the middle of the night and getting a serious fright when an object dash across the room and out of the window? or making strange sounds in the kitchen searching for food in the middle of the night?

Cats are capable of all these MORE than dogs does. In Singapore context, high rise HDB flats. In what way is these not objective comment?

Also, I mentioned that cats are a greater nuisance, because they can potentially gain access into each and every unit in a high rise HDB flat via the windows. Dogs.. maybe only ground floor units, if any.

Dogs are potential public nuisance too, nevertheless. Especially if they have inconsiderate owners. But that's more or less limited to public areas/parks, and not into high rise households.

But if there's a ban for dog in HDB buildings, I'll support it too.

HDB estates are meant for humans to stay, not for 4 legged animals to roam around. But if these animals somehow got toilet trained and does not dirty the place or cause disturbances, it's okay to share the space with them in the open areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If you wanna refute my comments, I'll prefer you show evidence of dogs jumping into pple's home in HIGH RISE building (SG context), over the balcony or windows.

Dogs can jump over windows, yes. But climb their way up 10th storey HDB flats and gain entry via the windows?? I doubt so.
    your argument is unsound.

can you show me evidence of cats jumping into people's homes on the 10th storey?

that would be one talented cat. i think you are giving cats too much credit. in what way could they climb up 10 storeys? or even 2 for that matter? their claws can work on concrete?

objective? srsly? i think there is still room for you to retract your statements of the legendary spider-cat, before you delve into a deeper state of unsound logic. maybe you should re-read what you are claiming - a cat that can fly up 10 storeys to enter someone's window. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th October 2010 at 10:29 AM.

To me, the greatest nuisance are people jumping around shouting without any real contribution.

Not cats or dogs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast