Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you are so damn wrong if you think disposable chopsticks are safe and clean

Default you are so damn wrong if you think disposable chopsticks are safe and clean

now that explained why some time those chopsticks are so stinky, i was like "what smell is that"? i though it was the food, but it was not, . i have to throw it away and use "Real" chopsticks...
    Last edited by ed9119; 9th January 2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Objection !!!

Default Re: you are so damn wrong if you think disposable chopsticks are safe and clean

thanks for sharing . . . luckily i use 'real' chopstick . . .

milk powder, etc etc . . . anything to do with food, better better be careful.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Default Re: you are so damn wrong if you think disposable chopsticks are safe and clean

Can someone translate to english pls...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajimey View Post
    Can someone translate to english pls...
    disposable chopsticks are treated with Sulphur vapor to preserve and bleach them. If the chopsticks kenna fungus, they are not thrown away but instead bleached white by washing them in Hydrogen Peroxide. After the first stage, the chopsticks are coated with a layer of paraffin wax to make them smooth. There is another chemical to bleach or treat the chopsticks but I dont know the english translation. In one of the factory, the worker just step on the chopsticks with smelly socked feet. Then they are placed in huge plastic bags that used to hold chemical fertilizers and loaded onto trucks!
    Last edited by coolsigg; 19th October 2010 at 09:25 PM.

i never like to use disposable chopsticks.
    Those older squarish ones are better, the new ones are worst! some are even dirty

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    disposable chopsticks are treated with Sulphur vapor to preserve and bleach them. If the chopsticks kenna fungus, they are not thrown away but instead bleached white by washing them in Hydrogen Peroxide. After the first stage, the chopsticks are coated with a layer of paraffin wax to make them smooth. There is another chemical to bleach or treat the chopsticks but I dont know the english translation. In one of the factory, the worker just step on the chopsticks with smelly socked feet. Then they are placed in huge plastic bags that used to hold chemical fertilizers and loaded onto trucks!
    Oh damn!!!
    Tank U for the translation!
    If no choice den use fork den...

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    wow dude, your chemistry very good !!!
    Objection !!!

This could be one of the reason why people are contracting so many diseases nowadays - especially cancer .. need to change our way of life ... and fast
    Last edited by zero o; 19th October 2010 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    wow dude, your chemistry very good !!!
    thanks. i used to work in the petroleum industry.

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    This could be one of the reason why people are contracting so many diseases nowadays - especially cancer .. need to change our way of life ... and fast
    yah, the latest horror being the non-decomposing McD's meal.

actually the macdonald's meal stuff is a farce. they do not decompose because they were kept in bags/boxes that allowed drying of the food. if you think about it, drying has been used as a way to store food for thousands of years! the key is the lack of moisture that inhibits growth of mould and fungus. since the patty and fries are fried, most of the moisture has already been expelled.

if you dont believe, go buy a cheese burger, and keep it in an airtight container. within 3 days you will regret it. haha
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Why Dont goverment just ban those disposible chopstick

I shouldn't have watched the video.

Quote Originally Posted by voxies09 View Post
    Why Dont goverment just ban those disposible chopstick
    The ENV should have some checks right?

Maybe we can bring our along own chopsticks for meals out.. this is something I learnt in Mongolia - they have personal set of metal chopsticks sheathed together with a small knife for cutting meat etc..

Cheers!
    ally
    Canon 30D 100-400mm L IS|Tamron 17-35mm/f2.8-4,28-75mm/f2.8|Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R 35mm/f2.5C

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    The ENV should have some checks right?
    because no one complain or report sick after using those chopsticks . perhaps i will send this video to AVA or ENV and ask for their opinion.
    Last edited by ninelives; 21st October 2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Objection !!!

Blog Entries

are made in Japan disposable chopsticks better? they certainly look MUCH more solid
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

use Korean metal chop sticks, thats the best and safest.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    I shouldn't have watched the video.
    now i'm thinking twice about eating my bee hoon at the desk every morning with those chopsticks.

Well.. can consider putting a pair of chopstick on desk..
    get a nice $2 a pair of chopstick from daiso.. hee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast