Thread: linkin park concert

Default linkin park concert

Anyone going for the Linkin Park concert? I have inner circle tickets, wondering if it's wise to bring my D70 + 80-200/2.8 there, can someone advise please?

they do no allow cameras...
    and it will be hard to sneak in your gear...
    good luck with the picures though...

err wan to try using a p&s? put in pocket and walk thru
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Quote Originally Posted by dementate
    Anyone going for the Linkin Park concert? I have inner circle tickets, wondering if it's wise to bring my D70 + 80-200/2.8 there, can someone advise please?
    not to be a wet blanket, but honestly i wouldn't bother bringing in a DLSR with telezoom lens (or any camera for that matter), for the following reasons:-
    - no photography allowed, like what showtime said.
    - it's Linkin Park. which means plenty of crazy fans who'll be jumping around and dancing and screaming. you wouldn't wanna risk your camera, esp since you're in the audience.
    - unless you get a photog pass with stagefront access, it's near impossible to shoot over the heads of the fans. unless you're in the front row, which means you'll be squashed by a thousand sweaty screaming fans. concert lights is also very erratic which means plenty of wasted shots.

go there and enjoy the concert lah..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    not to be a wet blanket, but honestly i wouldn't bother bringing in a DLSR with telezoom lens (or any camera for that matter), for the following reasons:-
    - no photography allowed, like what showtime said.
    - it's Linkin Park. which means plenty of crazy fans who'll be jumping around and dancing and screaming. you wouldn't wanna risk your camera, esp since you're in the audience.
    - unless you get a photog pass with stagefront access, it's near impossible to shoot over the heads of the fans. unless you're in the front row, which means you'll be squashed by a thousand sweaty screaming fans. concert lights is also very erratic which means plenty of wasted shots.
    cannot agree more. u dun wanna have any responsibility lar... seriously.... especially ur d70.... but if u really want to take pictures, follow yongcheng's advice lor...take p&S lar....

well..just a thought.
    went to beyond concert last nov in KL. brought my cam along (together with tripod) coz i bought one of the cheaper tickets so was pretty far from the stage (cam got 8x zoom though) took some photos but i realised i couldn't/didn't enjoy the concert as much as i wished i did because i was doing 2 things at the same time.

so go to the concert and enjoy.

i should be going as well
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    well..just a thought.
    went to beyond concert last nov in KL. brought my cam along (together with tripod) coz i bought one of the cheaper tickets so was pretty far from the stage (cam got 8x zoom though) took some photos but i realised i couldn't/didn't enjoy the concert as much as i wished i did because i was doing 2 things at the same time.

so go to the concert and enjoy.

i should be going as well
    Thanks for the pointers guys, guess I'm a *little* bit excited about my d70 Anyways, I noticed the guys taking pictures with their tripods at the Cranberries concert weren't enjoying the show either, and there they had a higher vantage point... Well, guess I could bootleg the show... woops did I just say that?