Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: signature

  1. #1

    Default signature

    hi,

    dunno if i'm using the right term for this..
    can someone point to me the direction(in a link) on how to create a 'signature' so you can incorporate it into your pics to make it look more professional (heehee)
    and at the same time prevent it from being used by others.
    one that can especially incorporate a chinese character.
    many thanx.

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: signature

    Quote Originally Posted by thelight View Post
    hi,

    dunno if i'm using the right term for this..
    can someone point to me the direction(in a link) on how to create a 'signature' so you can incorporate it into your pics to make it look more professional (heehee)
    and at the same time prevent it from being used by others.
    one that can especially incorporate a chinese character.
    many thanx.
    is at the front page of Clubsnap
    Fun with Photoshop ? Borders and Signatures

    for Chinese character, can convert it to image or vector file.
    hope this help
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: signature

    thank you sir!

  4. #4

    Default Re: signature

    tried searching the web.
    apparently you need a program to convert it to vector which costs.
    i just need to convert 1 word,
    no necessity to spend?
    or is it the only way?

  5. #5
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: signature

    Quote Originally Posted by thelight View Post
    tried searching the web.
    apparently you need a program to convert it to vector which costs.
    i just need to convert 1 word,
    no necessity to spend?
    or is it the only way?
    when it is in a vector file, you can enlarger to any sizes without losing quality.

    But if you only want the signature in one size, can just convert the type into image file, or a few image files for different sizes of signature.

    hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #6

    Default Re: signature

    sorry to be slow in catching on.
    say i want to convert this pic

    PHOTOs

    to an image file,
    what are the steps?

  7. #7
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: signature

    you might get more help in Digital Darkroom ...... moving thread there
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  8. #8

    Default Re: signature

    ok, thanx.

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: signature

    Quote Originally Posted by thelight View Post
    sorry to be slow in catching on.
    say i want to convert this pic

    PHOTOs

    to an image file,
    what are the steps?
    if you are referring to the background need to be transparent, you have to save it to a layer enable file format, PSD or tiff is good.

    open new document file in photoshop
    type in whatever text, Chinese character,
    format the text in whatever manner you like
    rasterize the text into a layer
    save the file in tiff or PSD without flatten it.

    when want to use the signature,
    open the tiff of PSD file,
    drag the layer over to your image file,
    position it, flatten and export a web jpg.


    hope this help
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: signature

    IF I EVER MEET YOU CATCH,

    kopi's on me.


    really appreciate the effort to help.
    even though i catch no ball,
    i manage to conjure something up.
    all good.
    cheers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •